Show Off Your Action Photos

SaveByRichter35

20 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Went out to a stick and puck today with the girlfriend at Bowling Green State University on their mini-rink. Since it was on a Monday at noon we were the only ones there, which we preferred. Broke out my old bucky set a small manufacturer Jeff Salvi out of Haverhill, MA made for me back in 2007. Always used SnoSeal on this set and it kept it in great condition. Had a good time. 

BC55EB67-EAA6-4FC0-9040-36615F870D84.jpeg

61EE9ADE-D8BA-4732-9B78-706605E7D26D.jpeg

That stick is great, too. It's sure seen a lot of rubber!

My wife came to an average game that we lost in a shootout. Of course she missed my glove save rob of the other team's captain on a break away - which caused him to smash his stick and swear in frustration. Not much in what she took, but I grabbed this still from a short video.

...you can tell it's an "ACTION" shot because the dude in orange is blurred!

image.png.f4a913e72c16e8bf9110c5da0a5e8c64.png

27 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

My wife came to an average game that we lost in a shootout. Of course she missed my glove save rob of the other team's captain on a break away - which caused him to smash his stick and swear in frustration. Not much in what she took, but I grabbed this still from a short video.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Standup61 said:

Nice!  I was in Bowling Green in September for my 40th high school reunion.  Saw the rink for the first time since 1990.  The small rink was the curling rink when I was a kid in the 70’s.  On my bucket list to do a stick and puck there before I have to hang up the pads.

There are curling stones behind the glass on one end of the rink. Don’t know how much curling happens there, though. There is a curling facility a few miles north of the campus. Just drove by it a few times, never been inside.

19 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Jeff is cloning a Helite Z trap for me.

Good to hear he’s still making equipment. How’s his communication? Wasn’t the best in that department back when I dealt with him. 

18 hours ago, creasecollector said:

That stick is great, too. It's sure seen a lot of rubber!

I definitely use my sticks until they are fully dead. Right now they are mostly dead. They don’t have great whip for shooting anymore. 

8 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Good to hear he’s still making equipment. How’s his communication? Wasn’t the best in that department back when I dealt with him.

Abysmal as always. I imagine I will get an email or phone call three months from now (he’s had it for a month) saying the glove is done.

Not dissing the guy and his stuff is quality, but delivering on Warrior’s timeline is something that won’t happen!

Edited by bunnyman666

On 10/11/2019 at 11:23 AM, Vogilny#25 said:

No 🙂 Second League Switzerland 

On 10/15/2019 at 7:33 AM, Vogilny#25 said:

No i dont have to pay for my gear,just for the mask and sticks. yeah i think second league is ok for a old goalie like me 🙂 i am 38 😉

I'm 48 and still playing 4th League (Bätterkinden) :) ...my son play with Brandis Juniors Top (U20-A). Were in Zuchwil for a few days this summer for a goalie camp.

batter.JPG

brandis.JPG

gerb.JPG

camp.JPG

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

I'm 48 and still playing 4th League (Bätterkinden) :) ...my son play with Brandis Juniors Top (U20-A). Were in Zuchwil for a few days this summer for a goalie camp.

batter.JPG

brandis.JPG

gerb.JPG

camp.JPG

Très cool!

In a very-unscientific quick glance, it looks like Vaughn was the most popular brand at the camp? Is this generally true where you are? Just curious, as I know some brands are harder to obtain for our friends beyond North America.

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Très cool!

In a very-unscientific quick glance, it looks like Vaughn was the most popular brand at the camp? Is this generally true where you are? Just curious, as I know some brands are harder to obtain for our friends beyond North America.

Looks more like the general distribution of brands. Mostly CCM/Vaughn with some Bauer tossed in.

Not too different here either.

8 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Très cool!

Hmm, nah you can get whatever you want here, especially since this was a Pro camp.. I think my son was one of the only non-pro's there, not sure how he got in, LOL.

But generally speaking, I probably see Vaughn, Bauer and CCM as most common here, with Brian's and Warrior as the outliers.

...but yea, you're right, looking at the post-training stretch, it does look like Vaughn was heavily rep'd at this particular camp. ...altho funny how my son and 3 other CCM guys are together on the left side in their own little CCM tribe, LOL

stretch.JPG

Edited by estogoalie
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 12:35 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

Your stance/gear look great here! And congrats on the big glove save in that game.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ok so this is not me, even though these are VE8 pads :)

@Lucky Pucker

Oh, man - I cringe seeing this kind of stuff. I IMPLORE the kids on my son's team to NOT crash into boards and/or each other and/or the net. Scary moment at a practice last year when a particular little shit cross-checked my friend's kid into the boards, where he crumpled head first. I was roughly by the slot, and this was in the near corner, so I probably got there in a flash, but it seemed like forever to get there. My friend's kid was OK after, but that spooked me.

If "Coach Lucky" is going to teach the kids one thing this year, it's to NOT do anything like this!

(The second thing, if there is time, is that he thinks the 4-on-4, "no keeping scores" directive for Novice this year is a steaming pie of bullshit.)

26 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Oh, man - I cringe seeing this kind of stuff. I IMPLORE the kids on my son's team to NOT crash into boards and/or each other and/or the net. Scary moment at a practice last year when a particular little shit cross-checked my friend's kid into the boards, where he crumpled head first. I was roughly by the slot, and this was in the near corner, so I probably got there in a flash, but it seemed like forever to get there. My friend's kid was OK after, but that spooked me.

If "Coach Lucky" is going to teach the kids one thing this year, it's to NOT do anything like this!

(The second thing, if there is time, is that he thinks the 4-on-4, "no keeping scores" directive for Novice this year is a steaming pie of bullshit.)

Ah, yes. I respect your fatherly response to this.

For me, with no kids, my response was simply BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Superficially it's pretty hilarious.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ah, yes. I respect your fatherly response to this.

For me, with no kids, my response was simply BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Superficially it's pretty hilarious.

Yeah, sorry for going right into that; there is definitely a "funny shit" aspect here I neglected to acknowledge!

Man, that kid really gets moving there - better than a lot of my skaters (without goalie pads on!) And certainly better than me with mine on - LOL

One of my hockey friends has decided to do some freelance photography on the side for rec hockey teams, and asked if she could take some pics of me in net for the website she's setting up. I said yes, of course, and got some great photos to share en route to a 4-3 win!

Unfortunately, my team played some pretty good D for about half the game, so she didn't get some of the pictures she was looking for; on the plus side, she's probably going to come photograph another one of my games, so I should have some more quality photos to share in the future.

Christian 2019-01.jpg

Christian 2019-04.jpg

Christian 2019-07.jpg

Christian 2019-14.JPG

Christian 2019-16.jpg

Christian 2019-17.jpg

Edited by CJ Boiss
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

One of my hockey friends has decided to do some freelance photography on the side for rec hockey teams, and asked if she could take some pics of me in net for the website she's setting up. I said yes, of course, and got some great photos to share en route to a 4-3 win!

Unfortunately, my team played some pretty good D for about half the game, so she didn't get some of the pictures she was looking for; on the plus side, she's probably going to come photograph another one of my games, so I should have some more quality photos to share in the future.

786271970_Christian2019-01.thumb.jpg.71683e2334dafd2a5b02cbe2d2b72758.jpg

425704909_Christian2019-07.thumb.jpg.1f50c7cf40a33764adab94dcefc97292.jpg

1143144113_Christian2019-14.thumb.JPG.5ba82536e76c9f99dfba2ef2b78dcc7f.JPG

1963930887_Christian2019-16.thumb.jpg.15c5a5874e5ea67b74b290bc1a223a3b.jpg

1221586300_Christian2019-17.thumb.jpg.7cbbf7d3cd2b18d6137e2c8efb25243d.jpg

Maybe this is a PEBKAC issue (entirely possible), but I can't see these...(?)

16 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

786271970_Christian2019-01.thumb.jpg.71683e2334dafd2a5b02cbe2d2b72758.jpg

425704909_Christian2019-07.thumb.jpg.1f50c7cf40a33764adab94dcefc97292.jpg

1143144113_Christian2019-14.thumb.JPG.5ba82536e76c9f99dfba2ef2b78dcc7f.JPG

1963930887_Christian2019-16.thumb.jpg.15c5a5874e5ea67b74b290bc1a223a3b.jpg

1221586300_Christian2019-17.thumb.jpg.7cbbf7d3cd2b18d6137e2c8efb25243d.jpg

I don't see sheeeeeeeeeeeyit.