Show Off Your Action Photos

SaveByRichter35

6 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I miss the Rinx.  My team plays exclusively at Superior now.  Aside from the ice the place is such a dump.

ah that sucks. I agree superior could totally use a facelift, but at the same time i kinda like the place, it has more of an old school feeling compared to say the rinx/dix hills, but i think dix hills has the nicest facility, and the rinx is pretty nice too. both feel a lot more modern than superior. also dont totally love the underground locker rooms, i personally hate going up and down those stairs in full gear. 

On 1/1/2020 at 9:23 PM, motowngoalie said:

Total potato pics, but here's two of me from a skate this afternoon.

Screenshot_20200101-211724~2.png

IMG_20200101_135230449__exported_0_1577913916636.jpg

Man, I have ZERO genetic (or should that be G-Netik? LOL!) links to Sweden, but I just love your whole set up dude. I've been watching the World Juniors, and you look WAY better than their goalies! Props.

15 hours ago, Max27 said:

ah that sucks. I agree superior could totally use a facelift, but at the same time i kinda like the place, it has more of an old school feeling compared to say the rinx/dix hills, but i think dix hills has the nicest facility, and the rinx is pretty nice too. both feel a lot more modern than superior. also dont totally love the underground locker rooms, i personally hate going up and down those stairs in full gear. 

Dix Hills is a dump in its own way.  The facility is nice, yes.  The newer part at least.  The old rink is a dump and both sheets of ice are always awful.  They need locks on the locker room, that place is constantly getting robbed.

Rinx is basically Old Faithful.  Average to above average facilities(for the area) and the ice is usually good all year.

Superior does have its positives.  The ice is always good there.  By far the best ice around except for Northwell, which is fair since that is an NHL practice facility.  The building is a dump though.  It could probably win that Kraft NHL Hockeyville contest and it still wouldn't be enough.  I agree the locker rooms being downstairs sucks but if you're lucky to get the JR room its a really nice room.  Room 3, which is the room in the back of the downstairs that they made two rooms into one, is also not bad.  Rooms 1 and 2 are too small for a mite team, forget beer leaguers.  The Royals Room which is upstairs next to the ice is convenient but the bathroom is horrendous.  If you don't shower before the Zamboni finishes cutting the ice then you're fucked for about 15-20 minutes while they suck all the hot water from the system to refill the zamboni.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 1:31 AM, creasecollector said:

Lookin' good!

Thank you!

8 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Man, I have ZERO genetic (or should that be G-Netik? LOL!) links to Sweden, but I just love your whole set up dude. I've been watching the World Juniors, and you look WAY better than their goalies! Props.

Thanks! Yeah, other than Hellberg's Brian's setup, most of them go with a white base. Kind of underwhelming when those colors look so great together.

16 minutes ago, Xdave90x said:

Like you style!

Thank you 😊

On 12/31/2019 at 10:12 PM, Matt35 said:

That’s right. It’s about 2/3 the size of a regular rink. No face offs, offensive team just clears the blue line for goals and goalie freezing the puck. It’s a different game but a lot of fun. 

That actually sounds like a ton of fun. They've tried doing 4v4 draft leagues on full sheets here and it's just...not fun as a goalie. Your 3v3 format sounds like a fun take on pick-up style hockey.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really like 3on3 or 4on4. I played in a 3on3 and a 4on4 summer league for a year or two growing up in the offseason and didn't like it. I much prefer structure (or as much as possible when playing beer league) when I play, most of the time at least. 

The occasional drop-in session or something is fine and can be fun don't get me wrong, but give me 5 on 5 any day. I guess I'm just too conditional for a certain type of hockey I guess. Maybe I'm too stubborn and need to lighten up, haha. :D 

Edited by creasecollector

15 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really like 3on3 or 4on4. I played in a 3on3 and a 4on4 summer league for a year or two growing up in the offseason and didn't like it. I much prefer structure (or as much as possible when playing beer league) when I play, most of the time at least. 

The occasional drop-in session or something is fine and can be fun don't get me wrong, but give me 5 on 5 any day. I guess I'm just too conditional for a certain type of hockey I guess. Maybe I'm too stubborn and need to lighten up, haha. :D 

I agree completely, but it sounds fun on a different size sheet of ice. The problem my 4v4 league had was huge skill discrepancy between players and too much ice for slower people.

I played a 3v3 tourney on a full sheet over the holidays, and it was the most fun I've ever had at a tournament. The games were only 16 minutes long (8 minute halves), with six player teams, so the games were fast-paced and over before everyone got completely bagged. Really great time.

4 hours ago, keeperton said:

That actually sounds like a ton of fun. They've tried doing 4v4 draft leagues on full sheets here and it's just...not fun as a goalie. Your 3v3 format sounds like a fun take on pick-up style hockey.

It’s a ton of fun with the smaller ice surface. Lots of shots, they used to keep track, the most I had in a game was 75. A lot of odd man rushes, penalties are penalty shots, and you get to play the puck a lot too. I’ve got two empty netters so far and just missed another one a couple weeks ago. You just have to not beat yourself up over letting in goals, cause it happens.... a lot!

• 3 weeks later...

technically not an action photo but... here’s the penalty that was called on me a game ago.

apparently the ref didn’t like that i dug the puck out of my net after a goal and swept it away so he had to skate farther to get it... he then also lied to my coach by saying he had warned me before, NEWS FLASH, he didn’t. on top of that, after every goal they made me get the puck out of the net instead of them usually getting it, which they do most of the time.. so naturally that was my response 😂

AB82C4AD-43DC-4E49-9979-2661952A282B.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

technically not an action photo but... here’s the penalty that was called on me a game ago.

apparently the ref didn’t like that i dug the puck out of my net after a goal and swept it away so he had to skate farther to get it... he then also lied to my coach by saying he had warned me before, NEWS FLASH, he didn’t. on top of that, after every goal they made me get the puck out of the net instead of them usually getting it, which they do most of the time.. so naturally that was my response 😂

If I'm mad at the refs I just skate away from the net and let them jump in and get it. Not out responsibility to fish it out for them.

power-to-the-people-tshirt-design_2x.jpg.a81119cae07e50287a4236d435c017ab.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

AB82C4AD-43DC-4E49-9979-2661952A282B.jpeg

What you gotta do is throw the puck out of the net just enough so it ends up at center ice. They’ll be mad but they can’t do anything because the puck is already where they’re going. It’s a win win 😂

Edited by ThatCarGuy

52 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

What you gotta do is throw the puck out of the net just enough so it ends up at center ice. They’ll be mad but they can’t do anything because the puck is already where they’re going. It’s a win win 😂

lol, you haven't had your share of power tripping refs before.

Some guys, especially in the beer leagues are legitimately crazy. I've seen refs suspended for manhandling players.