Show Off Your Action Photos

SaveByRichter35

1 hour ago, motowngoalie said:

Nice setup! Is that stick one of Lehner's from his time in Buffalo?

Thanks man! Yeah they are. I got a 2 pack of them on sideline swap like a year ago. pretty cool pickup especially with the 2/100$ deal i got them for haha. one broke recently so im down to one right now which kinda stinks but they hold up great, i plan on getting a Warrior M1 to use if this one breaks

Well, I thought all the arenas were closed, and all the hockey cancelled - until I got asked TWICE to play tonight. People are not quite understanding the enormity and gravity of the situation in (insert name of virtually any country here)

Anyway, somewhere between self isolation and social distancing as we are, we are playing street hockey! I might make a separate entry for a gear review (spoiler alert: this Vaughn gear is legit!!!), but in the meantime, here are the action shots... sorta. Action actually came later, because I can’t shoot pics and pucks at the same time.

note: my daughter did not play in the Vaughn gear, as it was way too big.

B2E88B6D-76AB-4989-BA44-404CD69F9F88.jpeg

2663BA19-2578-4506-BD6C-470528F252B1.jpeg

A6064F72-7CE4-4BE6-B93F-9EFAB652F233.jpeg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Nice @Max27!!  Guess you stuck it to your school, eh?  Was it Smithtown you got cut from, if I remember correctly?

thank you!

and no, not smithtown, it was connetquot/sayville. We played them twice, we lost 7-6 the first time (i didnt play) and we beat them 4-1 when i did play. it was a great season, i hope i make them this year though. ill be a senior and wanna play for my hometown in my last shot. 

3 hours ago, FriarGoalie35 said:

First game in the new pads! Getting used to the extra inch on the pads, but they feel amazing.

IMG_8255.thumb.jpg.f6544e4c8c93b13865f5986f721e3333.jpg

Those look awesome !

I went from a stock pad +0 to a +2 in my current custom pads. While it did take some adjustment, I felt comfortable in them a month or two later. Keep at it! These new pads will feel better soon. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

Those look awesome !

I went from a stock pad +0 to a +2 in my current custom pads. While it did take some adjustment, I felt comfortable in them a month or two later. Keep at it! These new pads will feel better soon. 

My old pads and my new ones are both 35+1 actually! Just my old ones have a bit more of an s-curve and probably just an inch shorter regardless. I love having the extra inch though! 

On 3/16/2020 at 12:51 AM, Max27 said:

thank you!

and no, not smithtown, it was connetquot/sayville. We played them twice, we lost 7-6 the first time (i didnt play) and we beat them 4-1 when i did play. it was a great season, i hope i make them this year though. ill be a senior and wanna play for my hometown in my last shot. 

Connetquot, that's right.  I don't know why I keep thinking you're in Smithtown.  Well good luck to you, I hope you make it for senior year.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 3:57 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Connetquot, that's right.  I don't know why I keep thinking you're in Smithtown.  Well good luck to you, I hope you make it for senior year.

haha, thanks. i hope i make it as well. would really suck to never play for my hometown 

Played my adult league game Sunday, before everything shut down, and this is the only video my dad sent me. He sent me video of the only goal I let in on 37 shots (off my shoulder, felt it the whole way through), but won't send me any other videos lol. If I stay out on my crease the extra half step like I'm supposed to this doesn't go through.

Second video is from Spring season last year and I thought it was funny.

@Lucky Pucker Similar situation. This rink is still open. Every other rink in this state, though admittedly we only have 4 rinks in all of Oregon, and near in Washington have closed. We're pretty sure this one hasn't shut so they don't lose money on adult league.

Edited by keeperton
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

@Lucky Pucker Dropping into a butterfly with no cup? Brave man. 

Combination of foolishness, fatigue/laziness (I think I was down like this for a good 5-10 seconds), insistence on my part that if I paid extra for pads with knee stacks, then I’m damned-well gonna go down into butterfly, and a false sense of security from using an old tennis ball. 
...and here I thought the embarrassingly narrow fly was what was gonna get noticed. LOL!

• 3 weeks later...

Crazy glove save pic that the official photographer caught during driveway league play today; it’s so good, it almost looks staged...  😋

@coopaloop1234 - was about to head into action today, and remembered your comment above. Decided to put on the jock today. Wouldn’t you know it,  my kid hit me right in the pills (which we laughed at - but wouldn’t have otherwise) So thanks, man; even the most basic, obvious advice is worth giving - and taking. 

B510AC93-D6BA-443A-8A61-E587D2C84A99.jpeg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Crazy glove save pic that the official photographer caught during driveway league play today; it’s so good, it almost looks staged...  😋

@coopaloop1234 - was about to head into action today, and remembered your comment above. Decided to put on the jock today. Wouldn’t you know it,  my kid hit me right in the pills (which we laughed at - but wouldn’t have otherwise) So thanks, man; even the most basic, obvious advice is worth giving - and taking. 

Ah, the ol' @TheGoalNet photoshoot :P 

And you're welcome, wouldn't want you to risk the chance of not having even more kids right? 

5 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

B510AC93-D6BA-443A-8A61-E587D2C84A99.jpeg

Dude, that sweater!! Beautiful 😍😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

Dude, that sweater!! Beautiful 😍😍

LOL! Right?  I almost tagged you in the post, cus I knew you’d recognize it! My wife bought it for me years ago. Truth be told, it was so nice and warm here I only had it on for 5 minutes (but I was wearing a Wings Datsyuk T-shirt under it).

• 2 weeks later...