Jump to content

Show Off Your Action Photos


SaveByRichter35
 Share

Recommended Posts

On ‎21‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 9:25 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Admirals, not Hawks ;) haha

And yep, I bought the set to match those jerseys. 

Sorry, of course your team Jersey. But Hawks souldn´t be bad team to play too  :D .

Edited by mik
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@IPv6Freely - I missed you had a CR1? Why don't we have a review? >:( 

I had it for about a month before it was out retail, provided as a long-term review for MSH. My MAIN reason for getting it was that Warrior was suggesting they'd solved the vibration issue with composites. They definitely didn't.

That skate was in Toronto and @Hills was a skater there, so I gave it to him figuring if I bring it to the event and hand it off, I don't have to worry about carrying a stick bag home. I think he still has it. 

I can link to my review from MSH if you'd like. But you probably don't want to drive traffic there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I had it for about a month before it was out retail, provided as a long-term review for MSH. My MAIN reason for getting it was that Warrior was suggesting they'd solved the vibration issue with composites. They definitely didn't.

That skate was in Toronto and @Hills was a skater there, so I gave it to him figuring if I bring it to the event and hand it off, I don't have to worry about carrying a stick bag home. I think he still has it. 

I can link to my review from MSH if you'd like. But you probably don't want to drive traffic there. 

Yes, I'm cool with the hyperlink. Please share! 

We need to be nicer to @Kirk3190 so we can get one early next time! ? PS - this message was sincerely meant as a joke! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 pics my friend got of me at my game at Edmonton Northlands Colliseum (where the oilers played for years till they moved to their new barn last year). 

I somehow grabbed the wrong (backup) blocker instead of my usual one... 

Yes I made the save on the second pic, sent the puck up and out with my stick.

IMG-20171025-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20171025-WA0004.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At first glance I thought it was from the same game until I saw the cage. Great looking setup though.

I actually won a photography session at a raffle about a year ago and never used it. Mostly because the likelihood of getting the whole team to show up was so low. I really should get on that, though, assuming he'll still honor it a year later!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2017 at 5:32 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Thanks! The inner sliding surface is weave, too. Supposedly better for sliding, though I'm not sure about that. 

The general concept for my pads was "all black except a white face, with red accents." Unfortunately when I ordered these I had JUST joined a new team after changing new teams almost every year before that, so I wanted something neutral that I could easily change the colors of. If I had known I was going to stick with this team I'd have gone a bit more crazy with the colors. Our uniforms are blackhawks colors, which could potentially make for some REALLY awesome pad color schemes. 

That said, mostly black pads has gotten me a quick whistle more than once ;) 

My first set of goalie pads a couple years ago were white/black/silver figuring they went with just about anything (and I wore a black Kings color jersey with it until I got on a team). So my first mask was a no-brainer. Potvin graphics in that color scheme. @BMFSdesigns absolutely nailed it. He even went out of his way to find me a silver I liked. I didn't want chrome or sparkle, but a nice metallic silver. It looks fantastic.

I have a mask he also painted for my league team, but I wear this one for pickups. I did however change the cage to blue to go with the uniform of another team I'm a backup for (I sub when their primary goalie is away). 

 

A6DEA64E-273B-466D-B0ED-148B5A965311.jpeg

I sure hope your painter went out of his way to at least ask Greg Harrison if he could do that paint job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Why do you hope that?

I say that because the Cat paint job is originally a Greg Harrison design. And I do know that Greg is very upset about the dozens of painters out there who have painted that theme hundreds of times over the last 2 decades and who have profited off his design without so much as a courtesy call. Nothing to do with you, the consumer.

Edited by ULTIMA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

I say that because the Cat paint job is originally a Greg Harrison design. And I do know that Greg is very upset about the dozens of painters out there who have painted that theme hundreds of times over the last 2 decades and who have profited off his design without so much as a courtesy call. Nothing to do with you, the consumer.

If anything, that's on me as the person who requested the paint job. That said, I couldn't care less how upset he is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey listen, if you "couldn't care less" about the feelings of the individual that was a pioneer in this game and industry and gave us the gift of that iconic mask, I'm more than sure you could care even less about what my problem is. The man is a legend and deserves more respect than that. He should at the very least should be acknowledged since he's not seen a dime nor do other painters call to even ask to make money from someone else's work. That's shame on that kinna painter, not the consumer. If dozens of people were profiting off something you created for over 20 years and taking credit for it, would YOU care less? Without Greg Harrison, there is no Cat paint job. If you believe otherwise, well....Refer to my gif.

If anyone wants to respond and call me crazy or whatever other choice of words go nuts but that's all I gotta say about that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2017 at 11:43 AM, ULTIMA said:

Hey listen, if you "couldn't care less" about the feelings of the individual that was a pioneer in this game and industry and gave us the gift of that iconic mask, I'm more than sure you could care even less about what my problem is. The man is a legend and deserves more respect than that. He should at the very least should be acknowledged since he's not seen a dime nor do other painters call to even ask to make money from someone else's work. That's shame on that kinna painter, not the consumer. If dozens of people were profiting off something you created for over 20 years and taking credit for it, would YOU care less? Without Greg Harrison, there is no Cat paint job. If you believe otherwise, well....Refer to my gif.

If anyone wants to respond and call me crazy or whatever other choice of words go nuts but that's all I gotta say about that.

Fuck this noise.

Do you want people to take out a newspaper article praising the guy if they do their own custom mask in this fashion? That's just silly. It's not like the painter is claiming this to be his pattern and everyone can clearly see what iconic mask he's imitating. Should every cover band pay royalties to the original artist when they play in some dive bar? What about when I'm at home painting some Bob Ross? Should I have to pay the man royalties for my own work that's inspired by his?

Without Greg Harrison, someone else would have made another version of an iconic cat paint job. Just because it's iconic doesn't make it amazing nor does it make it incredibly original.

Jesus.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...