Show Off Your Action Photos

SaveByRichter35

On 6/2/2021 at 12:14 PM, MTH said:

FU. I told my wife that they weigh that much so when she see me pick up the net and drop it on the pegs.. she's impressed.

Who am I kidding? Wives don't watch over 40 men's league hockey games. 

Nobody does.

Ha, I just wait for the refs or a teammate to do it.  I casually go stretch FIRST before going to the net. They generally get the idea.  Goalies are busy people.

6 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ha, I just wait for the refs or a teammate to do it.  I casually go stretch FIRST before going to the net. They generally get the idea.  Goalies are busy people.

Sure - you could do that… or you could have the pegs and net done PROPERLY. I’ve seen the best skaters of multiple groups and teams struggle with it, trying to chip away like they’re making crushed ice for a snow cone. I’d rather do it myself quickly and properly - as goalie and especially as coach (it doesn’t inspire confidence in the young ‘uns to see 2-3 middle aged men down, gloves under their knees - which is the wont of the middle-aged hockey coach - spending 5 minutes of our 50 huffing and puffing while “setting up the nets”.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, keeperton said:

Hmm, I don't know that one. Been a long time since I played up there.

It's the only Olympic sized rink in the area.  Locker rooms are terrible and it's loud and echo-y, but it's a nice building overall. 

6 hours ago, seagoal said:

It's the only Olympic sized rink in the area.  Locker rooms are terrible and it's loud and echo-y, but it's a nice building overall. 

Do you notice a difference going from the smaller N.American ice to the larger European ones? I've been in Europe the last 20+ years, last time I played on the smaller rinks was late 90's. Are the angles different? The game speed faster/slower?

9 hours ago, estogoalie said:

Do you notice a difference going from the smaller N.American ice to the larger European ones? I've been in Europe the last 20+ years, last time I played on the smaller rinks was late 90's. Are the angles different? The game speed faster/slower?

Minimal if at all.  I go back and forth often enough I don't even notice.  I'd argue at lower levels of play skaters have to work harder and cover more ground so the quality and quantity of shots are lower,  but, I have no data to back that up.  

As a goalie who plays the puck a lot, I notice to extra space,  for sure. 

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

My home rink many year ago was an International sized rink. You defintely have to play more patient as a goalie since there is more room to pass the puck, but I've always been fond of playing in a rink as large as that. 

Exactly, patience is a good point.  It's inaccurate to say the game is slower on larger ice.  Speed is a function of how fast/slow the skaters are skating and shooting.  But, for sure with the larger ice there is more ground to cover.  So while the overall speed would be the same, it takes a bit longer to develop and unfold and "get to" us goalies.  So theoretically if a play results in a shot on goal in say 4 seconds on an NHL rink, it might take 5 seconds on a international rink, especially at lower levels of play.  

I've played on our international ice in divisions 4, 5, and 6.  It's more fun with 4, less fun with 6.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, seagoal said:

New photos from the tournament last weekend. These were taken by a professional hockey photographer who works in the WHL (and soon NHL) locally.

_BL30202.jpg

_BL30575.jpg

_BLP5469.jpg

_BL30702.jpg

_BLP5610.jpg

_BL31879.jpg

_BLP5150.jpg

_BLP5503.jpg

Ah, action shots… or even just the chance at action, devoid of photographic documentation… sigh.

So the jersey you’re wearing - and the stick tape of a few skaters - was this a Pride tournament?

21 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Ah, action shots… or even just the chance at action,

Gotta wine and dine the wifey there buddy.

21 hours ago, seagoal said:

New photos from the tournament last weekend. These were taken by a professional hockey photographer who works in the WHL (and soon NHL) locally.

_BL30202.jpg

_BL30575.jpg

_BLP5469.jpg

_BL30702.jpg

_BLP5610.jpg

_BL31879.jpg

_BLP5150.jpg

_BLP5503.jpg

That is a very nice set. I'm still standing by my comment that I like it better than your blue set. Time to paint the bucket though. ;)

That shot of you in your V8's does really showcase what you were saying in your other thread and it really does make me think that you're wearing your new set too tight.