Covid-19 – The Steps Back to the Ice

Colander

3 minutes ago, Kayen said:

Hockey is coming back to Alberta in a few weeks or so. 

Pretty excited, and i've been keeping in shape (run 5km everyday, do some HIIT, and lots of callisthenic exercises daily). 

One big issue is ... I sold my pads a couple of weeks ago, so uhhhhhhh

I've got a pair of 35+1 Vaughn V5s, if you need a stop-gap.

17 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Sounds like you need a bike or an elliptical lol

Yea, I knew the jogging wouldn't end well, but it felt fine at the time and I did it anyway. It's like doing jello shots and banging a fat chick, it feels good at the time, but you regret it the next day.

...gonna do the biking now, like I should have from the start.

• Haha 1

Wonder - you never had these?

Jell-O Pudding Pops & other cool treats from the '80s new wave of popsicles  - Click Americana

Me and my brothers could eat a whole box of those in 15 minutes. I think we did numerous times too.

Although, I don't recall chocolate peanut butter swirl ones. We mostly just inhaled the chocolate ones.

Jell-O Pudding Pops - 1989 | Happy Valentine's Day to my Fli… | Flickr

Edited by MTH
  • Like 1

Some rinks in VT are open again for adults. They got shut down in November due to a bunch of cases getting linked to a mens league at one particular rink in central VT. Kids and high school kept at least being able to practice for the most part during the winter.

11 hours ago, creasecollector said:

Here in Ontario, who knows when we will get back on the ice, but whenever that is, it'll be super rough.

I'm stoked, but also terrified at the same time. 

Here in Ottawa, I heard from my 35+ league player/manager that he was contacted by the league organizers, and we are a tentative go to start in September. Are you in the GTA? Are they not even planning speculatively…? 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 9:53 AM, MTH said:

Wonder - you never had these?

Jell-O Pudding Pops & other cool treats from the '80s new wave of popsicles  - Click Americana

Me and my brothers could eat a whole box of those in 15 minutes. I think we did numerous times too.

Although, I don't recall chocolate peanut butter swirl ones. We mostly just inhaled the chocolate ones.

Jell-O Pudding Pops - 1989 | Happy Valentine's Day to my Fli… | Flickr

I don't recall them being around when I was a kid but my younger brothers (12-15 years age difference) got them as a treat on occasion.  After all, if Mr. Cosby said that they're alright ....................

• Haha 2

Our summer season starts June 13th and we just got confirmation that we no longer need to wear covid masks and some of our rinks will allow locker rooms with normal usage. 

Huge relief to know that I will be able to once again drink water without flipping my helmet up and won't have to rush getting dressed before and after.

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Our summer season starts June 13th and we just got confirmation that we no longer need to wear covid masks and some of our rinks will allow locker rooms with normal usage. 

Huge relief to know that I will be able to once again drink water without flipping my helmet up and won't have to rush getting dressed before and after.

We're starting up at the same time but we've never had to wear masks on the ice thankfully. We still don't know when shower time will be allowed again though. Nothing like getting sudsy with the bros.

Speaking of flipping up masks I've never understood how guys can't flip up their masks to drink.

Maybe I'm just a sweaty dude, but half my water bottle ends up going on my face to wash the sweat off.

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

We're starting up at the same time but we've never had to wear masks on the ice thankfully. We still don't know when shower time will be allowed again though. Nothing like getting sudsy with the bros.

Speaking of flipping up masks I've never understood how guys can't flip up their masks to drink.

Maybe I'm just a sweaty dude, but half my water bottle ends up going on my face to wash the sweat off.

Ha, I'm passing on the shower comment :)

I am a no-flipper.  Never have.  Maybe between periods just to breath better but otherwise I never do it.

My water goes through the bottom arc on my cage and I do spay my face too.  I run really warm on ice and spray my face and down my back in the 2nd half of games. I actually use 2 water bottles each time I play.  The first one has a powder supplement in it for blood sugar management so I don't spray that one on my face or down my back. I try to have that one chugged at 45 minutes into to my 90 minute pick-ups or half way through the 2nd in real games.  

I think sliding water bottles to and from the bench is fun, ha.  

On 6/9/2021 at 1:46 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Everything was just such a farce.  A facade.  Aside from the times at the very beginning where we were forced to change outside in the parking lot, rinks crammed us into smaller rinkside areas than we would have been if we just dressed in a locker room.  Makes 0 sense.  Its just a check in the box to show "we did something".  The whole shower thing is fucking stupid too.  We can all get dressed in locker rooms again but we can't shower?  GTFOH.  I'm so glad my rink never really followed this for very long.  Shower time is the best time.

• Like 1

Oh wait, I got a good shower joke: a guy in jail drops the soap, nothing inappropriate happens, then he picks it back up and goes back to his cell. :giggle:

I guess that's about as funny as I can be here without my posts getting deleted ;)

CJ, you're a bag of laughs, you hear any good ones lately?