Sign in to follow this  
Colander

Covid-19 – The Steps Back to the Ice

10 hours ago, Colander said:

OK – I know there’s a lot of young guys here ( for me young = <35) so there’s probably not a lot of consideration for this, but one of the bigger issues as we get older is exactly that – cardiac.

As per @Lucky Pucker's comment, especially with a return after a layoff like this, there is always a concern with respect to over-stressing the system. And yes, even the young guys probably play with some older goats (present company included).

The bigger issue here is, at least in Canada, while I believe most arenas/rec centres are mandated to have an AED, the "missing link" is, do you know where it is in your facility? Remember most facilities are multi-purpose, so the AED won’t necessarily be near the rink.

When you sit in the change room, poll the people in there: if there isn’t at least 2 people that know where one is, I’d suggest you rectify that situation .

BTW I f you are interested, check out “PulsePoint” (https://www.pulsepoint.org/). I haven’t tried it, but apparently the app  allows you to locate the nearest AED – who knows…

Oh, yeah - stay safe from me too

Agree

I have posted this link before and here it comes again. Learn CPR. It's simple. It saves lives. 

Yes, find the location of the closest AED (Automated External Defibrillator) in your arena. It's simple to operate.  It saves lives.

Here's how I know.

Steve Berry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Had my second ice-time tonight. Much improved. I was tracking the puck better, moving through the crease better. Almost felt like I had my pre-COVID form. (and I didn't pass out!)

My right hip felt a little tight. Need to stretch that out before I go to sleep.

Edited by CJ Boiss
  • Like 2

Tournament play went on as planned with no restrictions this weekend.  Full rosters.  Benches.  Box.  Open locker rooms.  Full contact during games.  The only thing they took away: no handshake line after games (which was weird since we all did usual celebrations after goals scored).  We did a stick salute instead.  It was awesome to get out there and eat up some live shots again.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Wonder35 said:

Agree

I have posted this link before and here it comes again. Learn CPR. It's simple. It saves lives. 

Yes, find the location of the closest AED (Automated External Defibrillator) in your arena. It's simple to operate.  It saves lives.

Here's how I know.

Steve Berry

Steve - thanks for this - great video which I hope it strikes a chord with a number of people!

• Like 1

Well my game last night canceled due to the other team’s goalies having covid. We still made use of the ice time though and had a team practice 

On 6/28/2020 at 8:24 AM, TheWall0211 said:

Tournament play went on as planned with no restrictions this weekend.  Full rosters.  Benches.  Box.  Open locker rooms.  Full contact during games.  The only thing they took away: no handshake line after games (which was weird since we all did usual celebrations after goals scored).  We did a stick salute instead.  It was awesome to get out there and eat up some live shots again.

CovidLike.jpg

• Haha 2

On 4/10/2020 at 6:04 PM, Yzueblin said: 
10 hours ago, Naz said:

CovidLike.jpg

Not a whole heck of a lot of coronavirus in North Dakota. I think there are a total of 200 actives cases in the entire state.

Edited by TheWall0211
Error

1 hour ago, TheWall0211 said:

Not a whole heck of a lot of coronavirus in North Dakota. I think there are a total of 200 actives cases in the entire state.

Yeah, I hear Coronavirus can't survive in sub-zero temperatures👍

On 6/27/2020 at 5:55 PM, daffy said:

... Need to up my speed getting dressed though.  I even went in my base layer.

I think it's in the genes: I'm one of those guys who can't get their pads on the proper legs if I am chewing gum while changing.

One goalie I used to play against, would come into the change room 15 minutes before ice time (i.e 15 minutes after I started getting changed), BS with whomever he was sitting beside as he got dressed and still be suited up before me. What a prick 😃

11 hours ago, TheWall0211 said:

Ahhhh, I thought you were in Wisconsin, which is a serious hot mess.