Bauer Chest protectors-good or bad?

On 6/8/2021 at 12:31 PM, RichMan said:

Has anyone had a chance to look up in person the Bauer Elite model? Is it a 6000/9000 re-issue?

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/collections/goalie-chest-protectors/products/bauer-elite-senior-chest-arm-protector?variant=31992604557378

Bauer Elite Senior Chest & Arm Protector

I haven't seen one in the flesh but I've got 2 or 3 Bauer chesties of the vintage you speak and this one definitely looks like it could be a long lost brother. Only differences I'm seeing from the last Reactor run are: 1) got rid of the mesh material on the arms (upgrade in my book) 2) maybe (?) some additional arm taper into the wrists (?) and 3) added suspender loops on the floaters.

Everything else looks pretty similar to me. If I was in the market I'd pull the trigger on this unit without hesitating.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 12:31 PM, RichMan said:

Has anyone had a chance to look up in person the Bauer Elite model? Is it a 6000/9000 re-issue?

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/collections/goalie-chest-protectors/products/bauer-elite-senior-chest-arm-protector?variant=31992604557378

Bauer Elite Senior Chest & Arm Protector

I’m going to try it in store Sunday I try to figure out 100 way to be comfortable in my rgt2 pro I cant , I don’t thing I need a pro unit and this one look pretty decent 

It’s between this one and the eflex 5.9 ..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yzueblin said:

I’m going to try it in store Sunday I try to figure out 100 way to be comfortable in my rgt2 pro I cant , I don’t thing I need a pro unit and this one look pretty decent 

It’s between this one and the eflex 5.9 ..

That's gonna be a hard call as the R/GT2 is so comfy, mobile and still huge. I've tried the Bauer on too and it is not bad at all. But if I had the GT2 pro I wouldn't even bother to try lower level Bauer. Unless there was some problem using the GT2.

The Eflex 5.9 felt very thin on the arms. Othervise very useable just as the Eflex 2 series was. Just amazing how they cannot make the arms any better. Or want to?

3 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

That's gonna be a hard call as the R/GT2 is so comfy, mobile and still huge. I've tried the Bauer on too and it is not bad at all. But if I had the GT2 pro I wouldn't even bother to try lower level Bauer. Unless there was some problem using the GT2.

The Eflex 5.9 felt very thin on the arms. Othervise very useable just as the Eflex 2 series was. Just amazing how they cannot make the arms any better. Or want to?

I hate the backplate so much on my rgt2 pro I always have something touch me in my neck ! I know it’s weird haha 

20 minutes ago, Yzueblin said:

I hate the backplate so much on my rgt2 pro I always have something touch me in my neck ! I know it’s weird haha 

That's bad and difficult to solve with adjustments too as the backplate should still keep the C/A from falling to RBK style in front of you. 

I would try an elastic battle strap with only that much tension that it pulls the neck down enough. Then you have the elastic to give you the mobility you need in the waist area to rotate around. I assume you tried all the adjustments already which we know are many and the combinations on them count to a certain difficulty.

2 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

That's bad and difficult to solve with adjustments too as the backplate should still keep the C/A from falling to RBK style in front of you. 

I would try an elastic battle strap with only that much tension that it pulls the neck down enough. Then you have the elastic to give you the mobility you need in the waist area to rotate around. I assume you tried all the adjustments already which we know are many and the combinations on them count to a certain difficulty.

I try tight , loose with fighter strap without fighter strap I always have something bother me. I know myself I talk about the Bauer elite but I’m pretty sure I will go out of the store with a hyperlite one lolll my best c/a was 2x but I didn’t like the curv at the sternum ! Too many hot rebound 

• Confused 1