Fullright's 2017-2018

Fullright

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Thanks bunny but I wasn't very sharp last time out. Try to do better this Friday.

Sure you had a few you wanted back.  But your positioning was pretty good and you really held your own. I don’t get lots of time to watch the videos. Yours are entertaining, esp. with your yellow blocker!

I think we’ve all received those e-mails from a Nigerian prince or king who has millions of dollars he wants to deposit in our account etc.. Sad truth is the only reason they keep coming is because it obviously works some percentage of the time. Unfortunately I guess this is the case with chirp-boy. I’d like to say it’s pretty disrespectful, but I guess that’s like saying water is wet. Typical gutless fashion – chirp the goalie because he can’t skate away. I must say, even at my diminutive size, if I was playing out and heard a guy laying it on a goalie for no good reason, I’d probably misplace my stick a few times.

I agree it must have taken some will-power not to drop him on his butt (you have way better self-control that I ever will), but glad you took the higher road. Has this guy been out before? I suspect you don’t know the other goalie well enough to ask him if he received the same treatment, but would be interesting.

I know you don’t need me to tell you this Joe, but your saves do the talking - give him enough time and someone else will flatten that wanker (be sure to buy that guy a beer).

2 minutes ago, Ghostender said:

I think we’ve all received those e-mails from a Nigerian prince or king who has millions of dollars he wants to deposit in our account etc.. Sad truth is the only reason they keep coming is because it obviously works some percentage of the time. Unfortunately I guess this is the case with chirp-boy. I’d like to say it’s pretty disrespectful, but I guess that’s like saying water is wet. Typical gutless fashion – chirp the goalie because he can’t skate away. I must say, even at my diminutive size, if I was playing out and heard a guy laying it on a goalie for no good reason, I’d probably misplace my stick a few times.

I agree it must have taken some will-power not to drop him on his butt (you have way better self-control that I ever will), but glad you took the higher road. Has this guy been out before? I suspect you don’t know the other goalie well enough to ask him if he received the same treatment, but would be interesting.

I know you don’t need me to tell you this Joe, but your saves do the talking - give him enough time and someone else will flatten that wanker (be sure to buy that guy a beer).

http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article192149904.html 

Thanks for the support, fellas. Mr. Big Mouth didnt show this week which was fine by me. The skate was pretty good but I struggled with getting extension with my hands and feet. The slo-mo is a good example. I got a tiny piece but had I not collapsed on myself, I would have caught it and no tap in. Not bad overall, though. Look forward to next week. Some how the last file got corrupted transferring it from the camera to the laptop. I tried 3 xs but no luck. So, the film doesnt show the whole skate. Too bad for me...I did make a genuinely good save on a rebound off a drive. 

Thanks again for the remarks about the mouthy guy. Happy to hear anything about this one too. 

That was really good. I like watching the standup method executed well. Looks like you’re quick and agile. Always square and the skating is excellent which allows you to get centered on the new angle.

As an aside, I often wonder if goalies who were trained in the standup school of play, and are still playing today, would do better using old pads designed for that method. I see so many older goalies wearing Reebok pads or any modern pad, none of which are designed for standup, trying to make them work for them and struggling. I think some of these guys don’t know that there are older pads around on eBay or at PIAS or that Brown or McKenney can make older style pads for them with new materials. 

After all, you’re using pads that are older than some of the players you are facing. You seem to do just fine playing for two hours with pads that are supposedly too heavy. 

@WillyGrips13, I can tell you the opposite is true. I wore some CCM whatever flex last season and my hips killed me for about 4 days. 

@Imperative, just having some grab ass with a few buds who knew I was a little honked off about Mr. Big Mouth from the week before. Roughing folks up isnt my thing and I dont really want the humiliation of getting beat up by someone young enough to be my son. :)

I'm late in getting the one below up and that seems fitting. I couldnt stop a second shot to save my life. I was excited to play but my legs just had no jump. I tried a few different exercises during the week and it seems my legs were overly tired. That and an inability to control any rebounds led to some really junk goals. A big slap shot from big boy also was embarrassing. We  lacked a second goalie so I switched ends about every half hour. I think that took some off the fun out of it for which ever side had to shoot at the cross bar and posts. Seems we either get too many goalies or not enough lately. Interestingly, the fella who showed up the past two weeks before this skate is one who goes without any toe ties at all. He says it makes it easier to cover low. Not something I want to try but I've heard of guys who do that and apparently he is one of them.

Thanks for checking it out. Input welcome.

Thanks Cam but I moved sluggishly. I wasnt springing up like I can and pucks were bouncing off of me in ways leading to easy tap ins. Hate when that happens. :)

I wasnt much better this past Friday. White put a whupping on me. After about an hour and 15 mins, the other goalie wanted to switch ends out of being bored so we did. Funny part is after about 30 mins he had enough and we switched back but the camera ran out of juice. Lots of fun but still my legs just didnt get me up like I want and again more weird rebounds. I didnt stink the joint out but I wasnt very good either. The lob shot over my head was just awful. Still wondering how it got in. Might be time for a new chest and arms. My left collar bone took a pretty good dent off a heavy shot. Good stuff though and every so often, a dent isnt a bad thing. Going to visit the daughter this weekend so I wont skate Friday. Even worse, the team which rosters me is playing a Junior team, The Dells Ducks, from Wisconsin on Saturday in a rescheduled charity game. I know some of the Ducks and want a piece of them and some of them want to blow me up but she comes first. Probably a good thing. If I had played them well, it's not like I am going to get invited to camp next Fall and after a few thousand goals against, they'd get bored.

On the topic of skates in Punisher's thread, I dont know how you guys can feel safe in a skate with no cowling. I get it in that we should take advantage of tech and that no one makes skate saves any more but geez, a puck is still going to find a goalie's instep at some point especially how pads are worn very loose on top of the skate.  But progress moves ahead.

Criticism welcome. Thanks for checking it out.

21 hours ago, Fullright said:

I wasnt much better this past Friday. White put a whupping on me.

LOL- "whupping" - not! if I had access to a camera I'd show you what a real whupping looks like. I'd say on the goals they scored, most of the time your two chances of making a save were slim and none, and as the saying goes, Slim left town.

That behemoth winding up for the slapshot at 1:44 would give me nightmares.

And as far as the two-pad stack is concerned, looked like you were going for it @2:22!

@Fullright you would have more “jump” if your pads weren’t 20lbs, haha. Joking aside is your hamstring back to 100%? I thought you played well, couple of real good goal line stands we’re you robbed guys that should’ve been able to tap it in. Your glove was going except when you “Patrick Roy-ed” it there, haha. Did that slap shot catch you in the collar? Do you wear a neck guard? What Chesty do you wear? 

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:23 PM, Imperative said:

@Fullright you would have more “jump” if your pads weren’t 20lbs, haha. Joking aside is your hamstring back to 100%? I thought you played well, couple of real good goal line stands we’re you robbed guys that should’ve been able to tap it in. Your glove was going except when you “Patrick Roy-ed” it there, haha. Did that slap shot catch you in the collar? Do you wear a neck guard? What Chesty do you wear? 

Close but they are only a little over 12 each dry but I need to get my spring back in my legs. Been hitting my core differently the past few weeks and until I get more acclimated, I am going to have to control rebounds better. No, I'd say it is 90 to 95%. I had three tears and two are resolved. The tear just below my glut is being stubborn about getting sorted out. Ordinarily, I would have split for the 1st goal but Paul jumped on the rebound (bad bad) and put it just inside the post. I didn't want to blow it up again reaching for the puck with my left foot. As soon as he put it back, I knew I was beat. Still, I wussed out on the play and should have tried anyway. I do wear a collar; Vaughn whatever it is. Very happy with it. My chest - here comes the "dude what's wrong with you part" - is a Heaton from the mid 90s. I grafted onto it a Vaughn Ventus belly pad and floaters onto the Heaton floaters. I tried to get Paul's shot with my blocker but wasn't quick enough so as I raised my blocker, my C/A moved some and the shot caught me some on a soft part of the unit. I still cant believe he got that much juice on the shot; the puck was on edge when he fired and after it drilled me, the puck went over the glass. Lol.  No big, the bruise is already gone.

I get back in town tomorrow and watching yours, Punisher's, and Willy's film is inspiring. Looking forward to next Friday.

On 2/18/2018 at 12:52 PM, Fullright said:

... My chest - here comes the "dude what's wrong with you part" - is a Heaton from the mid 90s. I grafted onto it a Vaughn Ventus belly pad and floaters onto the Heaton floaters....

I'd be interested to see some pics of this mod. Also where did you get the Ventus belly pad - did you manage to score a cheap used set or ??

@Ghostender, I'll get a pic attached. I bought the Ventus unit on sale pretty cheap from a pro shop closing.  All I did was detach the chest from the unit,  lay the chest over the Heaton chest centering it with a strip of velcro down the middle,  punched holes near the edges, and boot laced them together. For the floaters, I did essentially the same. Good protection and good mobility. 

After two weeks off, I was excited but a little anxious to skate. Dark was loaded for a change and white was down a few skill players. Lewis got the hell pounded out of him the first 40 mins or so and end up aggravating a back problem so we switched ends. The first 40 mins or so, I wasnt very busy making me more anxious to get some shots out of the way. Dark fixed that pretty quick. I thought I played better than I have the past 4 skates or so. My legs didnt feel as dead as they had recently. I really really tried to do a push and slide to my right and that ended pretty badly in that I look like a leg-less duck trying to get across. Another in a long list of things to work on.

Thanks for checking it out. Comments and criticism welcome.

Thanks Cam. I know what you mean, thanks bud. I think the biggest thing is my body is getting a little more in tune with the exercise change and the muscles didn't feel as fatigued as they have since I changed things up. I needed to switch it up though; the approach I had to staying in condition 30 years ago wont work anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Missed last week with a sinus infection. Felt ok going in but a little anxious too. Did ok but gave up some really horse feather goals especially off the posts. #33 in white will complain about the editing. He had two goals with one past my right ear and the second off my left cheek. I could do with out the melon shots but they were well placed bar down type shots. The battery ran out of juice a little early but as the film shows, no second goalie. Near the end, I lofted one about 7' off the ice straight down the center on goal. One of dark's guys ran it down and stopped it about 15 from the net.  :facepalm:

Thanks for taking a look. Commentary welcome.

I'm always blown away when I watch your vids... Proves that stand up style still keeps the puck out of the net... Game of inches on that first one... overall I thought you played well.

What kind of blocker is that???  Almost burning my eyes ;)

Archived