Introduce Yourself

Ghostender

• 1 month later...

Hi all!  I stumbled across this topic and  figured I might as well introduce myself.  I'm a low-level rec league goalie playing in the Pacific Northwest.  I started playing hockey a few years ago, when I was a spry, young 42 year old (although I've watched hockey religiously since I was 12 or so).  This is the first organized sport I've ever played, and I'm completely hooked.  

• Like 2

Hey guys ! New goalie here joining the tendy community. I was looking for some information about prolaces which brings me on this forum. While reading different threads, I saw that there was a bunch of crazy goalies like me chatting about everything, so I said, why now subscribing ? So here I am ;)

I'm based on the south shore of Montréal, Québec. I'm a professional sport photographer shooting mainly on racetracks (superbikes, supermoto, VTT, cars) and also Ice Hockey. I've been shooting for the Montreal Canadiens and Laval Rockets in 2018-2019 and 2020 before covid strikes and also for LHJAAAQ for "Les Forts de Chambly" before the team gets dismantled. 

I've been playing hockey since I am 4yrs old. Started as a forward until my second "Atome" year, then switched as a goalie and never looked back. I've been playing most of my minor hockey years in double letter caliber then went to college and started working.

I never stopped playing in different leagues and I've always been looking to play an higher caliber every year. This year at 38yrs old, I've played the highest caliber of my career this summer with guys drafted in Sweden, other ones from France in Magnus League and another guy who played 17 games with the Washington Capitals. These guys were on my team, so you imagine the rest of the league... Been destroyed by 5 or 6 goals a game for the first 4 games then got used to the pace and won the rest of the games of the season. I was really proud of me and every game was a good challenge for me. 

Looking to find more infos on masks (and cateyes) and chesties as I am looking to change mines after a few years of abuse in the nets. Just ordered my prolaces yesterday and looking forward to see if it's a life changer as many of you here have stated in that prolace thread. As you can see, there is a lot of subjects I'd like to talk here with you guys.

So looks like there is a trend of talking about our setup, here's mine : 

Helmet : ITECH NV-7 Pro Fit 2
Chesty : Vaughn Ventus Pro
Pants : CCM Premier Pro
Pads : CCM Premier Custom Pro 33 + 2.5
Glove : CCM Premier Custom Pro, Game Ready, 590 angle.
Skates : Bauer 2X Pro with LS5 Carbon blades.

_8505545.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HellCrow said:

Hey guys ! New goalie here joining the tendy community. I was looking for some information about prolaces which brings me on this forum. While reading different threads, I saw that there was a bunch of crazy goalies like me chatting about everything, so I said, why now subscribing ? So here I am ;)

I'm based on the south shore of Montréal, Québec. I'm a professional sport photographer shooting mainly on racetracks (superbikes, supermoto, VTT, cars) and also Ice Hockey. I've been shooting for the Montreal Canadiens and Laval Rockets in 2018-2019 and 2020 before covid strikes and also for LHJAAAQ for "Les Forts de Chambly" before the team gets dismantled. 

I've been playing hockey since I am 4yrs old. Started as a forward until my second "Atome" year, then switched as a goalie and never looked back. I've been playing most of my minor hockey years in double letter caliber then went to college and started working.

I never stopped playing in different leagues and I've always been looking to play an higher caliber every year. This year at 38yrs old, I've played the highest caliber of my career this summer with guys drafted in Sweden, other ones from France in Magnus League and another guy who played 17 games with the Washington Capitals. These guys were on my team, so you imagine the rest of the league... Been destroyed by 5 or 6 goals a game for the first 4 games then got used to the pace and won the rest of the games of the season. I was really proud of me and every game was a good challenge for me. 

Looking to find more infos on masks (and cateyes) and chesties as I am looking to change mines after a few years of abuse in the nets. Just ordered my prolaces yesterday and looking forward to see if it's a life changer as many of you here have stated in that prolace thread. As you can see, there is a lot of subjects I'd like to talk here with you guys.

So looks like there is a trend of talking about our setup, here's mine : 

Helmet : ITECH NV-7 Pro Fit 2
Chesty : Vaughn Ventus Pro
Pants : CCM Premier Pro
Pads : CCM Premier Custom Pro 33 + 2.5
Glove : CCM Premier Custom Pro, Game Ready, 590 angle.
Skates : Bauer 2X Pro with LS5 Carbon blades.

_8505545.jpg

I’m also from Montreal! Une tête carrée de l’ouest de l’ile… la rive sud, toi? What part?

Also… tough year to be a Habs fan, eh? 😔

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I’m also from Montreal! Une tête carrée de l’ouest de l’ile… la rive sud, toi? What part?

Also… tough year to be a Habs fan, eh? 😔

Tough year you say ? Man ... lol ! What can we do ... I saw a game at Bell Center, and that specific game they played with no energy. I don't know why but it needs to stop. I stay positive and hope they'll kick their ass and go for a good Win streak ! :)

Je joue a Chambly, Dix30, St-Constant, all round I'd say :) On va peut-être se croiser lors d'un match :)

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, ethanallen said:

My name is Ethan and I am a beginning goalie. I just started with some used gear, but I hope to have a True set like Marc Andre Fleury had in Chicago after I save up. I have a lot to learn and this looks like the place to do it. 

Welcome aboard.  You have definitely joined the right place, there is no question you could ask without good answers to follow.  

Hope you are enjoying goalie life so far. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, seagoal said:

Welcome aboard.  You have definitely joined the right place, there is no question you could ask without good answers to follow.  

Hope you are enjoying goalie life so far. 

I am. I'm not all that good but my mentor told me to keep in mind that every goal against teaches to play better. He also told me to shake off goals. Shake it off by Taylor Swift is the song in my head after a goal lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ethanallen said:

I am. I'm not all that good but my mentor told me to keep in mind that every goal against teaches to play better. He also told me to shake off goals. Shake it off by Taylor Swift is the song in my head after a goal lol

Haha, nice. That's very good advice. 

We may be responsible for every shot on goal but we certainly can not save them all. 

• Thanks 1