Bauer Supreme Ultrasonic Pro Demo vs CCM Axxis vs CCM Premier II Pro

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since July, 2018 P2 twice a week...the wear and tear isn't that bad. I play all year. 

So as hockey slowly resumes my son is working on getting ready for the upcoming season - after 2 weekends of on ice training we will start demoing some pads: first set being tried will be the Bauer Su

This is probably accurate. Vapor is significantly lighter than Supreme when I weighed them side by side. This is because Supreme is stiffer and that requires the use of stiffer foams.

Posted Images

Since 2018, on the ices about 4 times per week, also no tear or any wear on both parts - knee stack no sign of any speedskin wearing if you look at the other section above the ankle/below the knee there seems to be some speedskin wearing i could not determine if that is the case or not but the line you see lines up with a bump on that part of the pad.

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

13 minutes ago, Big2 said:

Since 2018, on the ices about 4 times per week, also no tear or any wear on both parts - knee stack no sign of any speedskin wearing if you look at the other section above the ankle/below the knee there seems to be some speedskin wearing i could not determine if that is the case or not but the line you see lines up with a bump on that part of the pad.

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

That looks great for the amount of ice time he has!

18 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Not sure if you were referring to me or Big2 but I couldn’t care less about Made in Canada. I’m a guy who wears warrior and will probably wear bauer next season. Brian’s and Lefevre are simply out of the price range even ordering through my source.

Unless of course I start hearing some better stuff soon. Trust me I’d rather go CCM for the price difference but durability is super important to me and can overrule price sometimes. 

Yes, those were 2 different thoughts in the same post

So i was running some errands and stopped at one of the largest goalie stores in the Montreal region and checked out the - CCM Axis Pro pads/CCM Axis goalie mask and the Lefevre 2.0 pads!

First of all the Axis and Lefevre 2.0 are the same pads - don't care what people are saying on the forum but their pretty much identical. As far as fit and finish is concerned the CCM Axis looked amazing over the Lefevre (which don't get me wrong looked good, especially the glove !)

CCM Axis Mask - the new padding system they have in place seems to be a lot better than the previous GFL Pro mask: will seriously consider getting this for my son.

I just cant wait to get my sons comments on the Axis pads once he demos them !

55 minutes ago, Big2 said:

So i was running some errands and stopped at one of the largest goalie stores in the Montreal region and checked out the - CCM Axis Pro pads/CCM Axis goalie mask and the Lefevre 2.0 pads!

First of all the Axis and Lefevre 2.0 are the same pads - don't care what people are saying on the forum but their pretty much identical. As far as fit and finish is concerned the CCM Axis looked amazing over the Lefevre (which don't get me wrong looked good, especially the glove !)

CCM Axis Mask - the new padding system they have in place seems to be a lot better than the previous GFL Pro mask: will seriously consider getting this for my son.

I just cant wait to get my sons comments on the Axis pads once he demos them !

Could you be more specific? Was there some puckering on the Lefevre or why did you think the CCM looked better? Have yet to see Lefevre up close, so appreciate any insight.

TGN not sure what you mean by puckering - the Lefevre glove looked amazing - the blocker had some loose material, meaning it was not snug against the desired base material/so did the pads.  Furthermore the pads looked off as well see face of pads and some of the strapping looked slightly crooked in the back as well as the knee stack, not sure I would pay 20% more for their product over a set of CCM.

The CCM looked like a women that just got a face lift everything was tight and snug - I have to say that i was surprised how great they looked even the colors i saw. I forecast a set of CCM Axis for my son shortly !!

See attached pictures of mask as well - they have done a very good job here as well !

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

3 hours ago, Big2 said:

TGN not sure what you mean by puckering - the Lefevre glove looked amazing - the blocker had some loose material, meaning it was not snug against the desired base material/so did the pads.  Furthermore the pads looked off as well see face of pads and some of the strapping looked slightly crooked in the back as well as the knee stack, not sure I would pay 20% more for their product over a set of CCM.

Yes, exactly, loose skin is what I call puckering.

Posted (edited)

Keeperton - we have discussed the Vaughn SLR 2 but the problem is that we cannot demo them.  They are an awesome looking pad - but i will not drop $3K on a set of pads with ought him trying them !

Edited by Big2
12 hours ago, Big2 said:

Keeperton - we have discussed the Vaughn SLR 2 but the problem is that we cannot demo them.  They are an awesome looking pad - but i will not drop $3K on a set of pads with ought him trying them !

Damn shame. I don't own a set of them, but I did get to demo them for like 45 minutes back when they came out. The professor strap on them is really well integrated and they're a "soft stiff" pad, as you would expect from a Vaughn pad.

What were your impressions of the Axis mask? I want to look at one in person some time, but there are no shops near me.

Keeper - the Axis mask looks very interesting its the same shell as the GFL pro but the padding is a mix of the D30 foam and some liquid pads.  If your in the marker make sure to take a look at them !

One negative ( to be confirmed ) it felt heavier than my sons GFL pro mask - last years version TBA

So I just got back from an on ice session for my son - he was supposed to try the CCM Axis - but the Demos they brought where too small 34+1.  However I got to see the pads that where brought in for him they where the black and yellow ones that every one commented on that they looked like street pads - GEUSS WHAT my son said when he got out of the arena, they looked like street goalie pads ! (He has never seen the posts stating that !)

Furthermore - the pads looked like they had been used for ever, the top section which is know binding less already showed some wear and tear and the seams looked like they where ready to bust.

So tomorrow where going to Goalie Monkey in Montreal to see the Vaughn SLR pro carbon and the Brian Optiks - he said worst case scenario he will keep his CCM P2 for another year

So we just got back- first of all Vaughn is out, my son did not like the glove break on the SLR Pro Carbon, beautiful combo needs to go on a Vegan diet a little on the pudgy side !

Probably the best quality pads, with Brian's, out there when it comes to their built quality.

CCM Axis - fist of all my comments above only apply to the Demo sets that CCM has sent to the stores.  Their the black and yellow pads everyone hated from the get go, not only are they ugly but their material selection is poor mostly their new material AND FYI speed skin in black looks really cheap !

SEE PICTURES BELOW

So my son will be demoing the set below tomorrow these are a custom set 35 +2 with mostly regular material except for the sliding surface which is a weave (not sure if the CCM weave is the same as the other brands or not - maybe TGN can answer ?)  and on the face they have speed skin on the red section only and some holographic material to each side.

The glove is a 590 - my son uses a 600, he likes the 590 and both the glove and blocker are more comfortable the his P2 set !

Only issue is that there's a twist in them - can this be corrected ??

Will update how he likes them tomorrow !

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

So we just got back from my sons on ice session/ Demo - and he absolutely loved the pads.  They worked perfectly no over rotating like de Ultra Sonics, that where light, he loved their sliding, slightly less than the US but an improvement over his P2s.  The face of the pad is very hard and rebounds where similar to the US maybe not as hard off the pad but a lot better than his P2s.  His first comment when he came off the ice - best pads I have ever tried by far !

So if you going to buy a pair of Axis - stock, take a very good look at the material selection from CCM white pads look great avoid the dark colors (my 2 cents).  If you go custom look at my comments above on the material selected on the custom pads he just tried, his thinking of going 100% weave !

On 8/15/2020 at 2:03 PM, Big2 said:

So my son will be demoing the set below tomorrow these are a custom set 35 +2 with mostly regular material except for the sliding surface which is a weave (not sure if the CCM weave is the same as the other brands or not - maybe TGN can answer ?)

Only issue is that there's a twist in them - can this be corrected ??

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

Weave is pretty much weave? That is Jenpro material that goes through a roll die to put the carbon fiber effect on it? I am sure there are multiple suppliers of this material, but I CCM does not have anything proprietary with weave.

I believe that is the same story with Speed Skin too. The roll die just embosses a different texture on the material. CCM either has an exclusive or is the only one using that texture. Lefevre fast glide is pretty similar.

As for the Twist? I am guessing this a combo of the softer knee area and how the goalie straps them or maybe the other tester or owners leaned on them weird in their stance? A break in technique gone wrong?

20 minutes ago, Big2 said:

TGN thank you for clarification on materials!

Can pads with this issue (twisted) be corrected ??

I had this issue with GNetik. It's just a tall thigh rise with a soft upper on the pad. I tried to minimize it with automotive ties, skate laces could work too, but It never held. I am not sure if CCM's can hold the correction better. Just scrunch the pads in an S shape from top to bottom and tie them into shape. This promote an S shape in the pads.

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

If I were to order axis I’d custom order jenpro/weave in all the high wear areas (inner boot, outer thigh rise corner, sliding surface) in hopes to give the pads some more life than retail

Carguy well said - the pads he demoed where perfect in their material selection 80 - 90% weave and Jenpro as soon as we pull the trigger where hooking up with the Mgr. to order with exactly the materials as on those pads.

• Like 1

TGN not yet my son is trying out for a Junior AAA if he makes the team a new pair of pads will be ordered !

Quick update - he was on the ice yesterday with his P2's which he had not worn for about 3 weeks will all the pads he demoed and the speedskin still slides VERY well after 2 years of use