Jump to content

Profile / Sharpen by mail


Recommended Posts

I’ve been looking for a replacement profile/sharpen by mail service and have narrowed down to:

Goalieparts.com - Chicago, IL

Tydanblades.com - Dundas, ON

Both use ProSharp machine I believe. Anyone have any experience with either?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 6:54 PM, dstew29 said:

I’ve been looking for a replacement profile/sharpen by mail service and have narrowed down to:

Goalieparts.com - Chicago, IL

Tydanblades.com - Dundas, ON

Both use ProSharp machine I believe. Anyone have any experience with either?

Prosharp machines don’t fuck nothin up unless it’s operator error. Try the one closest to you. Ive had my blades done by three places with prosharp and never had an issue. Sorry i aint no help :(

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, benner33 said:

I’ve had mine done (by mail in + in person) by BAHR. The response time is a bit slow but they do a great job. 
 

https://www.bayareahockeyrepair.com

This place seems to be taking alot of flack on ggsu, delays, slow service not answering back to customers looking for there stuff. I would go with https://www.noicingsports.com/  if you I  the US he does some really good work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DL42 said:

u want a expert that actually does it .. no-icing sports in new hamp. if u r in the states .

1 hour ago, Snowman30 said:

This place seems to be taking alot of flack on ggsu, delays, slow service not answering back to customers looking for there stuff. I would go with https://www.noicingsports.com/  if you I  the US he does some really good work. 

This is actually the shop I’m replacing. Bummer since I’m much closer to NH than Midwest or ON, but I’ll trade convenience for accountability. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My buddy is saving his pennies for a ProSharp that profiles. He has operated one and seen many done and it’s literally down to the operator and how much of a duche bag he or she is. It is a $20K machine that is literally the only CNC blade profiler on the planet attainable by anyone the other is something that less than ten inhabit the world and take more skill to operate. Sure a grizzled pro does better for weight heigth and stride but youll get the same on both blades from a ProSharp. Customer service comes from the asshole operating it and for some reason a lot of assholes and a few good ones own these devices. My two cents. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 11:17 PM, Dumpy said:

My buddy is saving his pennies for a ProSharp that profiles. He has operated one and seen many done and it’s literally down to the operator and how much of a duche bag he or she is. It is a $20K machine that is literally the only CNC blade profiler on the planet attainable by anyone the other is something that less than ten inhabit the world and take more skill to operate. Sure a grizzled pro does better for weight heigth and stride but youll get the same on both blades from a ProSharp. Customer service comes from the asshole operating it and for some reason a lot of assholes and a few good ones own these devices. My two cents. 

Quick update here for those looking for sharpen/profile by mail. I ended up speaking to the guys at GoalieParts.com (Darien, IL) and felt pretty good after the initial conversation that I wanted to give them a try so I mailed in my botched profiled runners to Cayden and Dennis to see what they can do. I got a phone call from the guys the same day they were received and they talked through what thought of the issue and how they were going to fix it. Shipped out that night/next day and got them a few days later in the mail - all in about 5-6 days full turn around from CT > IL > CT. 

Upon quick inspection they are perfectly matched and profiled - I ended up going with the Goalie SAM profile done on their ProSharp. I'll have to wait a few days for my next skate before testing them out but so far have had an excellent experience with these guys. Very similar pricing to the other guys who do this sort of thing too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 6:22 PM, Snowman30 said:

This place seems to be taking alot of flack on ggsu, delays, slow service not answering back to customers looking for there stuff. I would go with https://www.noicingsports.com/  if you I  the US he does some really good work. 

I live in the Bay Area and the guy does a good job but yeah he’s why I got a Sparx :) I switched to profile new steel and only when I notice it afterward. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dstew29 said:

Quick update here for those looking for sharpen/profile by mail. I ended up speaking to the guys at GoalieParts.com (Darien, IL) and felt pretty good after the initial conversation that I wanted to give them a try so I mailed in my botched profiled runners to Cayden and Dennis to see what they can do. I got a phone call from the guys the same day they were received and they talked through what thought of the issue and how they were going to fix it. Shipped out that night/next day and got them a few days later in the mail - all in about 5-6 days full turn around from CT > IL > CT. 

Upon quick inspection they are perfectly matched and profiled - I ended up going with the Goalie SAM profile done on their ProSharp. I'll have to wait a few days for my next skate before testing them out but so far have had an excellent experience with these guys. Very similar pricing to the other guys who do this sort of thing too.

Dennis is one of the few with these machines that aint an asshole. Good guy good choice. The great thing with removable replaceable blades is you can get several sets and theyll all be the same. Get them sharpened on a Sparx or a ProSharp and the profile won’t migrate. Pure Hockey at the Blues practice joint is where I get mine done but Ill likely run out of Step steel for Reebok so I might have to get something modern and have Dennis sell me some pre-shaped steel. The Pure Hockey at the Blues practice joint is a all bauer all the time no goalie gear place 🙄

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...