TGN Database - How do you wear your C/A + Pants?

• 1 month later...

For the last 4-5 seasons I was wearing my Warrior Pro G1 chesty tucked and buckled into the Warrior Pro pants. Both the pants and Warrior jock are designed with a forward cant at the top that allows the bottom of the chesty to fit in behind. The straps provided in the spare parts kit for the chesty allow you to buckle into the pants and eliminate the need for suspenders. Great feature that was never really advertised. Now that the G1 is retired, I'm back to untucked without suspenders... really do prefer the freedom.

G1.jpg

GP.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Because of a repair that needed to be done on the original tie down, my setup is probably unique, but I think the person that fixed it inadvertently made a major improvement to it (at the time, I was stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY, and I took it to one of the Korean ladies outside of the base.  I think she misunderstood what I was asking for and had no idea what this thing was, but I can’t complain about it, especially since I don’t remember having paid too much to have it done).  Original tie down loop was attached at both ends to the same spot, after the repair it is more like a belt loop that goes over one of the abdomen blocks.  I like it so much better that way.

C/A:  Vaughn Legacy 6000 (c. 2005)

Pants: Bauer Reactor 6 (c. 1999)

How I wear it: Tucked in with the pants outer belt run through the C/A tie down.  

Any issues: None, keeps the belly pad from sliding up. 

Took pics for the Bauer thread so may as well show off my technique here!

Chest: Vaughn V7 XF Pro Carbon Large

Pants: Bauer Supreme 1S Medium

How I wear: Untucked with laces fed through the segmented belly flap the XF has and tied into the nylon loop. Chest protector: semi-tight through rib elastic, Pants: As tight as comfortably possible with the inner belt, NO suspenders. 

IMG_1970.thumb.JPG.f549cd11b2c815cf060ef0166ef94fab.JPGIMG_1971.thumb.JPG.c0e09a9e8b82254177bc5513aeb2c383.JPGIMG_1975.thumb.JPG.03e489f2b5ecafb31e26db41d3167e62.JPG

Any Issues: Just have to make sure the elastic straps on the side are tight before playing. I prefer to leave part of an air gap between my body and chest protector to help deaden pucks, but I can definitely see how someone prefers it super close to their chest. Would also have problems of the rib pad getting caught in the pants on other models, but not with the Vaughn/Bauer combo so far.

Edited by Aquilzz
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Aquilzz said:

Took pics for the Bauer thread so may as well show off my technique here!

Chest: Vaughn V7 XF Pro Carbon Large

Pants: Bauer Supreme 1S Medium

How I wear: Untucked with laces fed through the segmented belly flap the XF has and tied into the nylon loop. Chest protector: semi-tight through rib elastic, Pants: As tight as comfortably possible with the inner belt, NO suspenders. 

IMG_1970.thumb.JPG.f549cd11b2c815cf060ef0166ef94fab.JPGIMG_1971.thumb.JPG.c0e09a9e8b82254177bc5513aeb2c383.JPGIMG_1975.thumb.JPG.03e489f2b5ecafb31e26db41d3167e62.JPG

Any Issues: Just have to make sure the elastic straps on the side are tight before playing. I prefer to leave part of an air gap between my body and chest protector to help deaden pucks, but I can definitely see how someone prefers it super close to their chest. Would also have problems of the rib pad getting caught in the pants on other models, but not with the Vaughn/Bauer combo so far.

e7066173d38c3c4f6813fc5498801235--hillar

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, Netnewbie said:

So I like to wear it tucked and tied because I'm afraid it may ride up.  Does it matter what pants that you where or are they built to accommodate wither tucking or untucked?

I think it’s fair to say that some pants are geared toward one or the other. Those that flair open at the top and/or have internal belts are more for those who tuck. 

I am an untucker, so I prefer pants that fit tighter at the waist. Currently in CCM 13A. 

Now this isn’t to say you have to tuck or untuck based on your pants. Simply that some are better suited for each. What are you wearing? both Chest and Pants. 

26 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I think it’s fair to say that some pants are geared toward one or the other. Those that flair open at the top and/or have internal belts are more for those who tuck. 

I am an untucker, so I prefer pants that fit tighter at the waist. Currently in CCM 13A. 

Now this isn’t to say you have to tuck or untuck based on your pants. Simply that some are better suited for each. What are you wearing? both Chest and Pants. 

RBK chesty and pants are ccm I believe.  Flares at the top and nice to tuck in.

• 6 months later...
17 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Can anyone who tucks take a picture of your setup? 

I want to try but everytime I do it  at home it seems like I can't figure it out. 

Guys wearing the ventus/SLR line of pants would be preferred. 

Cheers. 

I can grab one tomorrow.  I just lace my pants (CCM HPG12 Pro Returns) into the nylon belly tab (top 2 eyelets).  I had @Ross make me up a fight strap for the back of my GT Pro C/A and I run that thru the loop on my pants.  Then I run my suspenders under the floaters.  Everything is tight and feels like 1 unit

• 2 years later...
On 1/19/2018 at 10:36 AM, Bell31 said:

C/A: Vaughn 5500

Pants: CCM Premier Pro

I tuck my C/A in and have my suspenders hold my C/A down. Wished Vaughn would still make the 5500. Its by far the best mobile C/A I have used. And the protection is pretty good. 

8AEDD7EC-5A4C-40D9-80FB-667185393574.jpeg

I am very late here, but just want to share my love for the 5500 as well.  I have five of them and the last one is nearly dead.  Bruises never every game but it only makes me love it more.  Not sure where I go next.   

Pic of most of the family attached.   

As far as how I wear it, with my heavily modified Vaughn 3700 pants from 2001, I loop the elastic side clips through my pant belt.  

20200229_104334_2.jpg

Edited by moore00

1 hour ago, moore00 said:

I am very late here, but just want to share my love for the 5500 as well.  I have five of them and the last one is nearly dead.  Bruises never every game but it only makes me love it more.  Not sure where I go next.   

Pic of most of the family attached.   

As far as how I wear it, with my heavily modified Vaughn 3700 pants from 2001, I loop the elastic side clips through my pant belt. 

Will Vaughn still custom build a 5500?

Back in the mid-00s, one of my buddies at the shop scored a Khabibulin return 5500.  Thing was a tank but moved really well.  I wonder if you could call in and have it custom ordered...

6 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Will Vaughn still custom build a 5500?

Back in the mid-00s, one of my buddies at the shop scored a Khabibulin return 5500.  Thing was a tank but moved really well.  I wonder if you could call in and have it custom ordered...

I bet yes since they'll still make the 5500 mitt.