Jump to content

I Hate Politics


MTH
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

Love the first gens.

My father in law drives it like he hates it. Every time I get up to the cabin... I fear to see what he's done to it. Last week there were several bullet holes in the bed. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MTH said:

My father in law drives it like he hates it. Every time I get up to the cabin... I fear to see what he's done to it. Last week there were several bullet holes in the bed. 

What size bullet holes are we talking about? 22LR or 12 gauge slugs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2020 at 9:48 PM, jacksork said:

What size bullet holes are we talking about? 22LR or 12 gauge slugs?

Rife ones. I think someone was using the bed as a gun rest and shot through the other side of the bed. Other holes were for fun I assume. I'm not a gun pro, so I have no idea what they were shooting with other than a rifle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, MTH said:

Rife ones. I think someone was using the bed as a gun rest and shot through the other side of the bed. Other holes were for fun I assume. I'm not a gun pro, so I have no idea what they were shooting with other than a rifle.

Just admit it, you're the one who hit the other side of the bed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2020 at 12:07 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Just admit it, you're the one who hit the other side of the bed.

Funny. I did shoot a 22 a week ago. Glorified pellet gun, I know.

I'm not a hunter. Too lazy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I really hate politics now. Really, we're cancelling all sports now? It's ruining everything. I usually leave sports talk radio on in our kitchen 24/7. Background noise. I had to tap out today.

My kids wonder why I only watch Motor Trend tv channel. It's the only channel where you can escape it.

Plus, Roadkill.

Desert Bar | daily driverEport

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

So close to his very own Darwin Award!

RussiaFPS was the best in the day.

Quote

I really hate politics now. Really, we're cancelling all sports now? It's ruining everything. I usually leave sports talk radio on in our kitchen 24/7. Background noise. I had to tap out today.

Eh, I can live without it for a day or two. They'll go back to playing like nothing happened soon enough.

I.E: NBA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2020 at 3:40 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

RussiaFPS was the best in the day.

Eh, I can live without it for a day or two. They'll go back to playing like nothing happened soon enough.

I.E: NBA

I was really hoping he NBA would boycott itself and cancel their season. Obama had to call LeBron and convince him not to do that. "Damn it, Obama". I heard the NHL was also pressured to take a day or two off, but I don't think anyone even noticed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 6:29 PM, CJ Boiss said:

And because it's too important to not say anything, any American here who gives even the slightest of shits about their country needs to get their ass to a voting booth ASAP, or mail-in their ballot right fucking now, for whichever Democrat candidate is available.

"Whoa, what the fuck are you saying CJ?" you might very well be asking right now. "Fuck off, don't tell me who to vote for. Democrats in my county are terrible."

Doesn't matter. Trump has said the quiet part out loud: he is actively and overtly sabotaging the United States Postal Service and mail-in voting.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/aug/13/donald-trump-usps-post-office-election-funding

The GOP is actively dismantling American democracy, directly preventing people from voting by grinding the mail service to a stand still (to say nothing about how this will negatively impact rural and low-income communities that rely on the USPS). This is, without any hyperbole whatsoever, the greatest threat to the Union since the Civil War.

Nothing is more important than this. Nothing comes before this. If the United States doesn't have a free and fair election, if there isn't a peaceful transition of power, then they will have become a failed state. Everything the United States has accomplished, it has done so on the back of democracy. If Trump isn't broken at the polls you can say good-bye to the United States. 

Fixing the country starts with getting rid of Donald Trump, and purging the GOP of it's fascists and quislings.

Don't do this.  Do not come on here and push your views on other members.  I have to deal with nonstop political bullshit on another forum I frequent.  I loved that I never had to deal with it here.  Well, here, I can make sure it doesn't happen.  

Just to be clear, I am not banning anyone from discussing political topics.  I just do not want to see anyone peddling their views on anyone else as if their view/opinion is the only one that is correct/logical.  Just stop.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Don't do this.  Do not come on here and push your views on other members.  I have to deal with nonstop political bullshit on another forum I frequent.  I loved that I never had to deal with it here.  Well, here, I can make sure it doesn't happen.  

Just to be clear, I am not banning anyone from discussing political topics.  I just do not want to see anyone peddling their views on anyone else as if their view/opinion is the only one that is correct/logical.  Just stop.

I'm not telling anyone what to believe. I'm saying that fascism is bad, and if any American residents here want a democratic-(ish) government then they need to vote against fascism.

I don't think we're at the point where saying "fascism is bad, don't support fascists" is political bullshit. Are we?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, CJ Boiss said:

I'm not telling anyone what to believe. I'm saying that fascism is bad, and if any American residents here want a democratic-(ish) government then they need to vote against fascism.

I don't think we're at the point where saying "fascism is bad, don't support fascists" is political bullshit. Are we?

You're literally telling people to vote for one party as opposed to the other.  Do not do it.  I am not going to say it again.  You can give reasons on why you're going to vote why, that is absolutely fine.  Do not tell other people how to vote.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

You're literally telling people to vote for one party as opposed to the other.  Do not do it.  I am not going to say it again.  You can give reasons on why you're going to vote why, that is absolutely fine.  Do not tell other people how to vote.

So I can point out all the evidence that shows one party is trying to dismantle the American system of government/democratic norms/civil liberties/etc., but I can't tell people that they should (if they support democracy) vote against the party that is actively promoting a fascist, anti-democracy agenda.

Because that makes so much fucking sense.

Apropos of absolutely nothing, here's a neat video that people should watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83mtXbwPNkc

Way to gravedig a month old comment in a thread that well and truly moved past it, and has gone untouched for three weeks. Big props.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, CJ Boiss said:

So I can point out all the evidence that shows one party is trying to dismantle the American system of government/democratic norms/civil liberties/etc., but I can't tell people that they should (if they support democracy) vote against the party that is actively promoting a fascist, anti-democracy agenda.

Because that makes so much fucking sense.

Apropos of absolutely nothing, here's a neat video that people should watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83mtXbwPNkc

Way to gravedig a month old comment in a thread that well and truly moved past it, and has gone untouched for three weeks. Big props.

I have never even thought about infracting anyone in the 3-4 years I have been a mod here.  Keep it and you're going to be my first.  I don't care that you guys discuss politics.  I do care about people projecting their ideologies on others.  It's a simple concept and I am not going to say it again.  Chill the fuck out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I have never even thought about infracting anyone in the 3-4 years I have been a mod here.  Keep it and you're going to be my first.  I don't care that you guys discuss politics.  I do care about people projecting their ideologies on others.  It's a simple concept and I am not going to say it again.  Chill the fuck out.

I snarked at your dragging an old post out of an inactive thread to unnecessarily wag your Mod Finger. The conversation had moved on.

If your concern is about broader posting behaviour in the forum then you'd be better off pinning a new thread and explaining your concerns and expectations to the community. If your concern was about me in particular then you should have DM'd me.

What you did was performative and (mildly) antagonistic, and you did so in your capacity as a Moderator. That strikes me as somewhat unbecoming.

In any event, you're never going to have political discussions that don't involve some degree of advocacy for a certain position, so if people "projecting their ideologies" is a problem then the Admin team should give serious consideration to banning all political discussion on the forum, or at very least creating clear speech limitations with defined penalties for breaching them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CJ Boiss said:

I snarked at your dragging an old post out of an inactive thread to unnecessarily wag your Mod Finger. The conversation had moved on.

If your concern is about broader posting behaviour in the forum then you'd be better off pinning a new thread and explaining your concerns and expectations to the community. If your concern was about me in particular then you should have DM'd me.

What you did was performative and (mildly) antagonistic, and you did so in your capacity as a Moderator. That strikes me as somewhat unbecoming.

In any event, you're never going to have political discussions that don't involve some degree of advocacy for a certain position, so if people "projecting their ideologies" is a problem then the Admin team should give serious consideration to banning all political discussion on the forum, or at very least creating clear speech limitations with defined penalties for breaching them.

Did it ever occur to you that we moderate this board voluntarily and don't have the time to read every word in every post in every thread the moment it's posted?  We have full time jobs and families.  I try to pride myself in the fact that I, eventually, get to every thread on here.  I may not read every post, instead skimming to make sure there is nothing that should be removed or "moderated," but I do get to every thread.  Eventually.  

This particular thread was just brought to my attention.  I read it and I didn't like the manner at which you were blatantly telling people to vote in any which manner.  I am "wagging my mod finger" because this particular post felt the need to be moderated.  That is my role here.  It has been my role since sometime around, I don't know, two or three weeks into this message board being formed...if that?  I was not antagonistic.  I apologize if you felt I came off that way.  I think most, if not all members here know that I am pretty far from a serious person.  I'm pretty laid back, quite sarcastic, and very lenient.  Dude, I honestly don't care that you guys discuss this stuff.  Just don't be a dick about it.  That is all I am asking.  Of everyone.  Be civil.

Quote

So I can point out all the evidence that shows one party is trying to dismantle the American system of government/democratic norms/civil liberties/etc., but I can't tell people that they should (if they support democracy) vote against the party that is actively promoting a fascist, anti-democracy agenda.

Yes.  Yes you can point out anything you want to point out about whatever bullshit either or any and all political parties are doing or not doing.  Have at it, everyone.  Just don't force your beliefs on other people by telling them that they have to think this way, or believe that, condone this, or vote that way or this way.  Why?  Because not all people feel the same way you(figurative you, not literally you, CJ) do about world political topics.  Some people loved Crooked Hillary or Crazy Bernie.  Some people love the Scary Vile Orange Man.  Some people love Sleepy Joe.  Some people just don't give a shit about any of it.  All I am asking is that you all, as a whole, discuss the topics without directly projecting your beliefs onto others.

Quote

If your concern is about broader posting behaviour in the forum then you'd be better off pinning a new thread and explaining your concerns and expectations to the community. If your concern was about me in particular then you should have DM'd me.

We don't have a pinned thread because as far back as I can remember this is the first and only political thread ever created on the site.  It has never been an issue.  I guess we may as well now pin a thread laying out some ground rules for political threads going forward.

I don't have a concern with you personally, I just didn't like the way you worded that particular post.  Yes, I replied to the thread while quoting your post, but in my reply I clearly stated that "I do not want to see anyone peddling their views on anyone else...".  I did not single out you, CJ.  You just so happened to be the only one doing it at the time so I was making it clear that NO ONE is to do that.  Are we all clear now?

Quote

In any event, you're never going to have political discussions that don't involve some degree of advocacy for a certain position, so if people "projecting their ideologies" is a problem then the Admin team should give serious consideration to banning all political discussion on the forum, or at very least creating clear speech limitations with defined penalties for breaching them.

If it were up to me political discussion would be banned.  I don't wanna see it.  I don't wanna deal with it.  I am of the group that doesn't want my sports contaminated by the poison that is politics.  It is not my website though so that decision isn't up to me.  I guess it is a discussion that the admin and moderators will have to have now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

granted i cant vote in november (im 17) so my political opinion very much is meaningless, but imo, trump and biden are both very unideal candidates, I think the criticisms and praises of both trump and biden become very repetitive and it just ruins politics as a topic. I would vote for Hawkins if I could (green party) and its fine with me if you dont, its your decision not mine. Politics really can bring the worst out in people. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Max27 said:

granted i cant vote in november (im 17) so my political opinion very much is meaningless, but imo, trump and biden are both very unideal candidates, I think the criticisms and praises of both trump and biden become very repetitive and it just ruins politics as a topic. I would vote for Hawkins if I could (green party) and its fine with me if you dont, its your decision not mine. Politics really can bring the worst out in people. 

I can't vote either but I been following what's going on. From what I see the left wing is pushing this propaganda BS on Americans and it'ssad, Biden is Obamas puppet and the guy is just incompetent to run a country, Trump should run with this. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I can't vote either but I been following what's going on. From what I see the left wing is pushing this propaganda BS on Americans and it'ssad, Biden is Obamas puppet and the guy is just incompetent to run a country, Trump should run with this. 

I think neither of them are good candidates, I hate the 2 party system. I think Bidens become more the DNCs puppet than Obama's, the DNC was very obviously rigged for him. They disapprove so much of Hawkins, Sanders and rig it against them, its sad.

Trump has for sure done a lot wrong imo, especially with Covid. Both sides definitely have their fare share of propaganda though, I don't trust Fox nor CNN to get news as a sole source. Part of me wants Trump to win to guarantee a strong leftist candidate in 2024, but I think he's going to set us back a lot more if he gets another 4 years. I think a lot of people voting for Biden, while I think he will be a solid president if he wins, will be dissapointed when they realize the issues in this country go a lot further than whos in office. The elections going to be very interesting to watch, we have a very interesting few years upcoming as a country. Unless Yang runs as a democrat in 2024, Im probably going to vote 3rd party. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...