Lefevre 20.1 First Thoughts & Living Review

Chenner29

• 3 weeks later...

@Chenner29 What's your FTK measurement?

I'm right at 20" and if I go with the 20.1s I'm unsure if I should go with the 32" or size down to 31" and maybe add an extra .5" or 1" to the thigh rise.  The size chart indicates I'm on the lower end of a 32", but the way these seem to fit I still worry they'd be too big.

Edited by AdamL

7 hours ago, AdamL said:

I'm right at 20" and if I go with the 20.1s I'm unsure if I should go with the 32" or size down to 31" and maybe add an extra .5" or 1" to the thigh rise.  The size chart indicates I'm on the lower end of a 32", but the way these seem to fit I still worry they'd be too big.

20.5"

I'm dropping the shin down to a 32 and bumping up the thigh to +2.5 on my next set. Based on the size chart below, I'm adding a half inch overall in height above the knee.

Despite the size chart, I honestly fit OK in a 33".  Never fallen off the knee block or anything, but there are certain situations where I'm in tight (ie. VH against post; recovery foot in tight for push off) or extended (braking foot after a hard push; deep shot ready stance) - in all these scenarios, I feel like the slightly taller shin is fighting back against me a bit.

It's a tough call either way.  You could size smaller and wear the FRS tighter to compensate if you go with 31".

Keep in mind, it seems the trend amongst pros these days is a shorter shin, more slack at the toe laces, and losing the boot strap to go along with a flexible boot break. 

image.png.0cd1f171ee3840e4ee3a7459ae5ea43f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/28/2020 at 9:21 AM, AdamL said:

If you are just slightly below 20” I would go with a 31 over a 32. I am just at or slightly below 20” and wish I had gone 31 +2 over my 32 +1.5.

My 20.1 fit and I have not fallen off the knee block but I am landing near the bottom and I prefer to land centre or slightly above.

great pads and really do like them.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@Chenner29 How’s the new sizing treating you?  

Also, what’s the proper method for getting a FTK measurement?  If I stand with my knees straight my measurement is 20”, if I bend my knees so my knees are over my toes and drop the tape measure down to the floor like a plum line, it’s 19.5”.  Which is the correct way to do it?  Seems I’ve seen both.

3 hours ago, AdamL said:

@Chenner29 How’s the new sizing treating you?  

Also, what’s the proper method for getting a FTK measurement?  If I stand with my knees straight my measurement is 20”, if I bend my knees so my knees are over my toes and drop the tape measure down to the floor like a plum line, it’s 19.5”.  Which is the correct way to do it?  Seems I’ve seen both.

Just got them yesterday, haven't had a chance to use them yet.

I've always recommended a knee bend as you want to mimic how the pads will sit in your stance.

Lefevre customizer looks like it recommends the same.

image.png.0eb9d04676efb77cbe25a44b0ecef459.png

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

Just got them yesterday, haven't had a chance to use them yet.

I've always recommended a knee bend as you want to mimic how the pads will sit in your stance.

Lefevre customizer looks like it recommends the same.

image.png.0eb9d04676efb77cbe25a44b0ecef459.png

Thanks, definitely missed that.