Bauer Vapor 3X Pro

coopaloop1234

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I doubt they have a 3x set out this early. I feel like we normal goalies who aren’t cool enough to get inside info like @TheGoalNet don’t see new gear until training camp or the beginning of the nhl season. Also the outer roll on those looks exactly like 2x. I think its just a custom graphic

They are definitely the next vapor pad. They are called HyperLite, but it is blurred out on the boot. I'm assuming it is the Vapor equivalent of UltraSonic.

• 5 months later...

Am I the only one who doesn't care for printed graphics?  The detail in the cut and sewn layers on something like the Lefevre gear just screams quality and craftsmanship, whereas the digi-print approach to me looks like the lazy modern way to skin the cat.  It's like looking at the detail in a vintage timepiece versus an Apple watch.  

7 minutes ago, AdamL said:

Am I the only one who doesn't care for printed graphics?  The detail in the cut and sewn layers on something like the Lefevre gear just screams quality and craftsmanship, whereas the digi-print approach to me looks like the lazy modern way to skin the cat.  It's like looking at the detail in a vintage timepiece versus an Apple watch.  

There is nothing about printed graphics that I find appealing. That said, there's pretty close to nothing about any graphics on goalie gear that I find appealing. The 'neatest' thing I've seen recently are Shesterkin's ceiling-of-MSG graphic pads, and that's only because its pseudo-Art Deco. Heaton really started the trend that was, in theory, distracting for shooters. Unfortunately, I find it generally distracting.

1 hour ago, ULTIMA said:

I almost feel as though Bauer purposely designed less than desirable graphics in hopes of fueling consumers to opt in for the true custom designs.

Maybe not the best image to post either, green almost never captivates someone to buy.

I think they choose very simple graphic designs as it cuts the costs for printing. (just an assumption).

54 minutes ago, AdamL said:

The first instances of the digi-print were off and somewhat faded. They look pretty good now and I'm all for it. Some of the designs that have come out due to that tech have been top tier.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Peter36 said:

It says there is a “Stabiliflex” knee block

I'm assuming that's just weirdly translated stabilislide but who knows. What is most interesting to me is the fact the same knee block name appears in the description of the 3X model too

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I'm assuming that's just weirdly translated stabilislide but who knows. What is most interesting to me is the fact the same knee block name appears in the description of the 3X model too

Stabiliflex is something different from the ultrasonic

Archived