The Mask Thread

11 minutes ago, itis121 said:

has any one put inserts of yellow poron xrd in their mask? wanna know if the foam will compress and loose its original shape under constant use quickly. If so i might see if maltese sheets are still available for purchase.

You have to contact Maltese directly by email now it seems like. Just FYI.

52 minutes ago, itis121 said:

has any one put inserts of yellow poron xrd in their mask? wanna know if the foam will compress and loose its original shape under constant use quickly. If so i might see if maltese sheets are still available for purchase.

I did... Had no issues.. Uber comfy too.

Removed it for a Maltese kit (wish I never did tho)

2 hours ago, cwarnar said:

I did... Had no issues.. Uber comfy too.

Removed it for a Maltese kit (wish I never did tho)

Where did you get the poron? Mcmaster-Carr has regular poron in diffrent densities but not xrd. I found a xrd kit used for longboarding/ skateboarding.

On 10/20/2018 at 9:33 PM, itis121 said:

Where did you get the poron? Mcmaster-Carr has regular poron in diffrent densities but not xrd. I found a xrd kit used for longboarding/ skateboarding.

Long story. My dad acquired some xrd poron by calling xrd, informing them that he was interested in using their product to custom pad helmets. XRD sent him 4 different weights and 2 different thicknesses (four sheets overall) to sample. We have since custom padded a Hackva mask using poron and maltese padding. While I haven't done this or read of anyone doing this I assume you can order sheets of poron direct from XRD. Enjoy! http://www.xrd.tech/products/index.aspx

On 10/23/2018 at 4:10 PM, cheevers said:

Hi all,

I figured for my first post I should have my mask. Got my vinyl print done a few weeks ago and am pretty happy with it so far.

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

I like a lot. 

2 questions: Does the vinyl covers the whole mask?  It looks like it does and meets up in the middle.  Does the right side mirrors the left side with the viking head too?  What model?  looks an NME from what I can tell.  Alright that might have been a little more than 2 questions!

1 hour ago, Babylon93 said:

I got this mask last week.

RXS Mercury 68 Pro made by airxess.

it is super light (1072g) and very comfortable 

30B32733-678D-42A3-96B0-F56ED275A684.jpeg

A7177CB4-6C64-42C7-999F-49F5CD1A1CDC.jpeg

992FCF42-2985-47A5-B9AC-3E14FE74F1A6.jpeg

WOW, looks awesome.  Must be hot as hell though without any ventilation.  Have you had a chance to try it out yet?

1 hour ago, Babylon93 said:

I used it once. No problems with the overheating, the face opening is big

Indeed, didn't noticed how big the opening was.  Do you have any other mask you could compare it to with a side by side picture?

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:22 AM, Math. said:

I like a lot. 

2 questions: Does the vinyl covers the whole mask?  It looks like it does and meets up in the middle.  Does the right side mirrors the left side with the viking head too?  What model?  looks an NME from what I can tell.  Alright that might have been a little more than 2 questions!

WOW, looks awesome.  Must be hot as hell though without any ventilation.  Have you had a chance to try it out yet?

Thanks!

Yeah seems to cover the entire mask with the black stripe overlayed on it. Viking is on both sides, so you are correct it is mirrored. And it is an NME3.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 11:16 PM, ULTIMA said:

I feel like mask foam almost needs it's own thread with all these different types available.

I have closed this thread because it's become a junk drawer.

I would like to have multiple threads going discussing foams or comparing them.

If you have questions like VN vs Rubatex... Please start a new thread.