The Mask Thread

Gary Warwick Sr passed yesterday. Sad news as he was a legend. He built quite a legacy and I hope his company remains strong into the future. 

KVG had a tribute to him and posted this pic. There's a couple masks on her I didn't think we're actually Warwick?

1. Isn't the Belfour mask pictured a Harrison? I didn't think the Warwick started until after Chicago? 

2. I thought Potvin only wore Harrison? 

IMG_0280.JPG

@bunnyman666 that is not the mask I was talking about... I'll have to see if I can find what I was talking about. It looked  skateboard helmet, normal goalie mask, and Lefevbre style eye hole mask had a 3 way love child. 

In other news... Air Exess sold their mask line to a Swiss orthopedic company. From what I can tell the company makes and assembles really high braces, orthotics, etc and is run by engineers and doctors. 

This is really really interesting news 

On 10/16/2017 at 8:00 AM, TheGoalNet said:

@bunnyman666 that is not the mask I was talking about... I'll have to see if I can find what I was talking about. It looked  skateboard helmet, normal goalie mask, and Lefevbre style eye hole mask had a 3 way love child. 

In other news... Air Exess sold their mask line to a Swiss orthopedic company. From what I can tell the company makes and assembles really high braces, orthotics, etc and is run by engineers and doctors. 

This is really really interesting news

Actually- the medical composites industry has tolerances as high as aircraft. I was actually thinking of expanding into prosthetics before my business-killing design got sold! An engineering student who was testing my bike parts had a brother who had lost a limb and approached me.  I really wanted to do it. This young lady ended up working for a prosthetics company, and was instrumental in a few cool designs. She was very fun to work with. 

I know which one you speak of now. What I just showed you was MKII of the SK2000. It was my favourite because it was slimmer and more form-fitting, though I had to cut out the ears to make it fit over them!!!! Regrettably, it developed a crack and is relegated to skate shoppe decor duty! 

The one you speak of is on my Instagram @bunnydevildude . It’s not on this phone. I’ll have to pull it off my iPad...

On 10/16/2017 at 8:35 AM, TheGoalNet said:

I'm not knocking the decision to go medical at all. My day job is in manufacturing and I spend a lot of time with medical companies who use our 3D printers to make implants

Interesting = good in this case... safety innovations too? 

Never saw it that way, meaning that I did not think you were knocking the medical appliance company buying them.

There is probably more precision in medical devises than in aircraft in some ways!

On 10/16/2017 at 9:53 AM, TheGoalNet said:

Checked your IG and didn't see the mask. Other than the Protech, all your other masks are a mage style? This has a traditional fiberglass chin and cage 

@SaveByRichter35 @chakal @MTH - any idea on the mask I'm referring to? I think the guy was from philly and making them in his garage

Ahhhhh! You speak of the Onesie! Not mine, don’t own one. That bloke is a former police officer. 

17 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Checked your IG and didn't see the mask. Other than the Protech, all your other masks are a mage style? This has a traditional fiberglass chin and cage 

@SaveByRichter35 @chakal @MTH - any idea on the mask I'm referring to? I think the guy was from philly and making them in his garage 

This thing?

http://www.onezeegoaliehelmet.com

On 10/16/2017 at 1:39 PM, TheGoalNet said:

@bunnyman666 - Your mask is a bit unorthodox, but it's not burned into my brian... 

That onezee though... Hello this week's #tbt post 

I had decided after getting pinged in the jaw that combos are not that safe any longer; However- I may have to reverse engineer the Jofa helmet/mask. I like the protection for the back of the head from a helmet.

Just got this in and I’m absurdly excited about it:

Sportmask Pro Series 2 (Cam Ward)

463F852B-36C9-41B3-8B88-F9E207EA79A8.thumb.jpeg.f9cbe0d1a76ad107420150e90eaaaba1.jpeg

After lots of measuring and consultation with The Goalie Crease store, I’ve got what is as close to a custom fit as I can get without going the full custom route. 

I am so happy with the fit and finish and looking forward to trying it out on the ice. Bought this with the intention of getting a nice paint job but I am really digging the matte white look so may stick with that for a while. Do want to swap out the black elastic for white/cream, but will do that shortly. 

• Thanks 1