Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Does anyone know what would be the retail equivalent of the pro stock HPG 12A Pants model? Is there an equivalent?

Looking at buying a pair and wondering if the sizing would be the same as my Premieres. Thanks in advance. 

I have the HPG 12A pant. The Premier will be the closest thing at retail. The 12 won't have the inner belt, D30, or zipper extensions. 

In my opinion, the pro stocks are better pants though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2017 at 6:12 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I have the HPG 12A pant. The Premier will be the closest thing at retail. The 12 won't have the inner belt, D30, or zipper extensions. 

In my opinion, the pro stocks are better pants though. 

+ 1 got two of them this summer at TGC and these things are awesome vs anything out there when it comes to protection. Quality seems slightly questionable but don't forget for whom these are made for. My son is currently using a large and have an XL being prepped for him to use probably just after Christmas will post a picture for you this weekend both are from the Texas Stars farm team!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2017 at 10:07 PM, Big2 said:

+ 1 got two of them this summer at TGC and these things are awesome vs anything out there when it comes to protection. Quality seems slightly questionable but don't forget for whom these are made for. My son is currently using a large and have an XL being prepped for him to use probably just after Christmas will post a picture for you this weekend both are from the Texas Stars farm team!

I have minor wear on mine, but it's because I had Velcro self destruct on my Monster knee blocks. The friction from the loose Velcro caused some premature wear. Factory Mad fixed the Velcro and the pants haven't had any other issues 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I have the HPG 12A pant. The Premier will be the closest thing at retail. The 12 won't have the inner belt, D30, or zipper extensions. 

In my opinion, the pro stocks are better pants though. 

 

16 hours ago, Big2 said:

+ 1 got two of them this summer at TGC and these things are awesome vs anything out there when it comes to protection. Quality seems slightly questionable but don't forget for whom these are made for. My son is currently using a large and have an XL being prepped for him to use probably just after Christmas will post a picture for you this weekend both are from the Texas Stars farm team!

 

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to take a hard look at some of the pairs I see available. A few possibilities on eBay, etc., just looking for a unique colorway and I'll pull the trigger. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to take a hard look at some of the pairs I see available. A few possibilities on eBay, etc., just looking for a unique color and I'll pull the trigger. 

There were some brown Hersey Bears pants on there. I almost bought them and it would have taken my retro gear to the next level. 

Call the goal crease. They have the pants sometimes and sell them cheaper new than they resell on eBay for! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

There were some brown Hersey Bears pants on there. I almost bought them and it would have taken my retro gear to the next level. 

Call the goal crease. They have the pants sometimes and sell them cheaper new than they resell on eBay for! 

Good call. Hershey would be sick. I’m in DC too. 

Do you think the pro stock model is similar in weight to the retail Premiers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Good call. Hershey would be sick. I’m in DC too. 

Do you think the pro stock model is similar in weight to the retail Premiers?

I would guess the HP12 is lighter. It's a very simple no thrills pant. No zipper, belt, D30 = weight savings.

I will throw mine the scale for you and take a pic. I skated last night, so I want to make sure they dry out 

1X is the lightest pant on the market. You could look for a pro stock version of those if you dont want Retail. Mike McKenna is using them in Dallas / Austin

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 years later...

For you guys who wear premier pants do you tuck or untuck? I need some new pants soon and have always liked the premiers but I tuck in my C/A and always figured the internal belt would interfere with the chesty. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

For you guys who wear premier pants do you tuck or untuck? I need some new pants soon and have always liked the premiers but I tuck in my C/A and always figured the internal belt would interfere with the chesty. 

I wanna say the inner belt is attached above the tailbone and the sides of the hip bones.  You shouldn't have an issue with tucking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Awesome thank you, guess I’ll have to try them on with my chesty and see how that goes. There are no internal tabs for knee guards are there?

I've worn the reebok/ccm premier (including the pro models) iterations dating back to 2010, and I always cut out the internal belt and then tuck. I then tie my CA to my pants in the front and back. I have also used suspenders successfully. No internal tabs on all the models I have used.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jfu91 said:

I've worn the reebok/ccm premier (including the pro models) iterations dating back to 2010, and I always cut out the internal belt and then tuck. I then tie my CA to my pants in the front and back. I have also used suspenders successfully. No internal tabs on all the models I have used.

How well do the premiers hold up? Have had a pair of Simmons (premier copies) for around 8/10 years and have held up pretty well, minus a suspended button breaking.  Always wary of retail equipment quality since it’s mass produced. guess I could always glue/sow in some tabs for knee guards. 
 

do you go up in a size when you tuck? My current pants are a size large with medium length legs. Idk if I have a weird leg ratio but last time I tried on some large pants they were too long and kept hitting my knee stacks. The mediums though seem pretty snug with my jock in, but they also weren’t broken in 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2017 at 3:05 PM, Punisher Goalie said:

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to take a hard look at some of the pairs I see available. A few possibilities on eBay, etc., just looking for a unique colorway and I'll pull the trigger. 

Sidelineswap has plenty of new and used pro stocks pants, include 12A, 13A, and 14A ccm goalie pants.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

How well do the premiers hold up? Have had a pair of Simmons (premier copies) for around 8/10 years and have held up pretty well, minus a suspended button breaking.  Always wary of retail equipment quality since it’s mass produced. guess I could always glue/sow in some tabs for knee guards. 
 

do you go up in a size when you tuck? My current pants are a size large with medium length legs. Idk if I have a weird leg ratio but last time I tried on some large pants they were too long and kept hitting my knee stacks. The mediums though seem pretty snug with my jock in, but they also weren’t broken in 

I've always worn size XL so I can't comment on upsizing, but my waist is a 33 in pants if that helps. Sewing in the tabs should be pretty straight forward. Durability has been decent. I ramped down playing for a few years, but before that was on the ice 6-7 times a week. Nothing has ever fallen apart, aside from the inner thigh eventually rubbing through after 2 years. I used to feel a lot more stingers when I played against college players, but now a days not so much.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not been in the market for new pants for a while but I will be pretty soon.

Currently in the CCM Crazy Light (CL) Pro's and have held up well for quite a while (got them 5.5 years ago!!)

I love the internal belt and I tuck my CA and large are perfect in my CL pros. 

What is the equivalent in CCM to the CL pro's or is there any other pants that i should look at that are similar?

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2020 at 10:18 AM, StevenC said:

Not been in the market for new pants for a while but I will be pretty soon.

Currently in the CCM Crazy Light (CL) Pro's and have held up well for quite a while (got them 5.5 years ago!!)

I love the internal belt and I tuck my CA and large are perfect in my CL pros. 

What is the equivalent in CCM to the CL pro's or is there any other pants that i should look at that are similar?

Thanks

I THINK the CL's eventually evolved in to the E-Flex pants, which have a narrower waist. I'd just go with regular Premier pants if you like to tuck.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 10:18 AM, StevenC said:

Not been in the market for new pants for a while but I will be pretty soon.

Currently in the CCM Crazy Light (CL) Pro's and have held up well for quite a while (got them 5.5 years ago!!)

I love the internal belt and I tuck my CA and large are perfect in my CL pros. 

What is the equivalent in CCM to the CL pro's or is there any other pants that i should look at that are similar?

Thanks

If you don’t mind me asking how tall and how much do you weigh? I’m trying to decide between medium or large premiers. I tuck like you and want to make sure the internal belt won’t get in the way and it would be nice to use it and ditch the suspenders. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

If you don’t mind me asking how tall and how much do you weigh? I’m trying to decide between medium or large premiers. I tuck like you and want to make sure the internal belt won’t get in the way and it would be nice to use it and ditch the suspenders. 
 

I'm 5'8" and about 75kg.

I currently wear large CCM CL Pros.  Medium would fit normally but the internal belt easily lets me fit large and tuck a Brown 2400 CA easily.

I also use suspenders.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, StevenC said:

I'm 5'8" and about 75kg.

I currently wear large CCM CL Pros.  Medium would fit normally but the internal belt easily lets me fit large and tuck a Brown 2400 CA easily.

I also use suspenders.

Any reason why you use internal belt and suspenders? It would be nice to only use the internal belt but if It doesn’t work that well I’ll stick with suspenders and remove the belt

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Does anyone know what the inseam measures between the larges vs mediums. 

TBH this sounds like a question you need to ask the retailer you are planning to purchase from.

The retail pants do have a zipper to drop the pant inseam another inch, so if you get a medium but find you need a bit more length (giggity) you can unzip (giggity)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Any reason why you use internal belt and suspenders? It would be nice to only use the internal belt but if It doesn’t work that well I’ll stick with suspenders and remove the belt

I always felt like the suspenders kept my CA 'locked down' better if that makes sense.

Just a personal preference.  Internal belt would do the job fine but just personal preference/habit using suspenders.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StevenC said:

I always felt like the suspenders kept my CA 'locked down' better if that makes sense.

Just a personal preference.  Internal belt would do the job fine but just personal preference/habit using suspenders.

Thank you for the feedback and I understand that’s one of the reasons I wear them over my current chesty so I get that all connected/ one unit feel. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

For you guys who use premiers did you have any issues adjusting to the pants or were they super stiff up top and loosened up? I’ve skated twice in my new pants and they seem very stiff in the rib protection.  So much that when I put my jersey on the top of the pants sticks out a lot and gives me this awkward circle around my body. If I tucked my jersey In it wouldn’t be an issue but I don’t. 
 

im guessing I just have to get use to the pants and how they fit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...