CCM Eflex 5

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe if ccm offered custom graphics they wouldn’t get so much hate for their stock ones cuz nobody would use them

Bauer Reactor 6 was my immediate thought (circa 1998?)

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I really wouldn't worry about looking "dusty" when choosing gear that works best for you.

Especially since players can't tell the difference between their asshole and a hole in the ground.

Its not even that. I just don’t know if I would like them or not. I feel like thats a lot different than internal doubles and just a single outer

5 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

It being too soft? I mean, I’m also crazy flexible and could use stiff pads if I wanted to.

For sure, I know.  Stiff pads work best for goalies just like you. 

I find it odd that goalies like you, or Mr. 32 in silver/black, prefer soft flexible pads.  Ultimately it's about feel and comfort so I 'm not saying you should or shouldn't wear this or that, but on paper or just abstractly, it's odd.  Being made of rubberbands means you are capable of making your gear do whatever you want and if we are talking about pads meeting in the center and closing, goalies like you don't need the pads themselves to do the work.  Not the case with less flexible...most....goalies.

Edited by seagoal
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Its not even that. I just don’t know if I would like them or not. I feel like thats a lot different than internal doubles and just a single outer

There is a far larger difference in feel of pads between individual brands than the difference between breaks that you're worried about. 

I definitely don't want to stifle you for you to explore other gear options (it's half the fun), but I do think you're making a mountain out of a molehill in regards to the double break issue.

My double break V4's are still one of my favourite pads I've used and I never felt like they held me back.

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Thanks 2

@seagoal I have no skin in the game with any manufacturer across any pieces of equipment so it makes no difference to me what people buy. Just seemed like the search here was very similar to my own so I was trying to be helpful (so as to avoid the gear odyssey I went on... unless you know you're into that of course). I know there are plenty around here who deride Simmons (not saying that you are). Definitely something to be said for being able to get your hands on something before you buy... but I've also gone that route and then ordered something and had it feel nothing like what was on the shelf.

Regardless - happy gear hunting.

Edited by chile57
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, chile57 said:

@seagoal I have no skin in the game with any manufacturer across any pieces of equipment so it makes no difference to me what people buy. Just seemed like the search here was very similar to my own so I was trying to be helpful (so as to avoid the gear odyssey I went on... unless you know you're into that of course). I know there are plenty around here who deride Simmons (not saying that you are). Definitely something to be said for being able to get your hands on something before you buy... but I've also gone that route and then ordered something and had it feel nothing like what was on the shelf.

Regardless - happy gear hunting.

I got you, it's all good.

I am certainly not deriding Simmons as I have no reason to.  I've never seen their gear, touched their gear, and have barely heard of their gear other than on this site. I acknowledge it is possible it's the best on the planet, but they are off my radar and the likelihood of me purchasing their gear is zero.

That said, my point is just about both the value of seeing and touching a company's gear, and, seeing a company's gear in action on TV when making the decision to purchase gear.  For me personally, if I listed all the gear companies I am aware of in the world and then draw a line at where my potential to purchase is, it is firmly drawn at what is on TV and what is not.  And then, of course, I can rank the potentials in terms of my experience, preferences, familiarity, etc. which not coincidentally is emphasized by what I have been able to touch and feel in stores.  The one exception to this is Warrior, as their gear (not sticks--I am a Warrior stick fan) is not on TV but is in stores.

So yeah, it's a funny joke, to me anyway, to say I would/you should never buy gear not seen on TV because it sounds petty and ridiculous, but upon examination there is more truth and reality to that joke than meets the eye.  I think it's good to be transparent about our susceptibility to marketing and exposure as consumers.

(checks what thread we are in....)

CCM Eflex 5 - Pads - THE GOAL[ie] NET[work]

Edited by seagoal
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, motowngoalie said:

Hyperlite custom (not the "Pro Custom") might be an option in your price range if you're considering something different... 

I saw them... They seem nice just probably not for the guy who likes soft pads with super tight fit