Lefevre Sizing - It's different than CCM!!!

mr_shifty1982

1 hour ago, ULTIMA said:

Just my opinion but I think the title of this thread should be changed to something along the lines of "Lefevre official thread" or something to that degree.

Anyway, in 3 days I'v seen 2 sets of their gear for sale on Facebook marketplace. Both times stating the gear is too big in size, referring to leg pads. I did receive information directly that their gear fits larger than the competition. And I was informed that they don't make 31 or smaller so I couldn't order if I wanted to. Thought I'd pass that on before anyone drops a few grand.

These pads here are already on the market, all this money spent it's a shame, and a shame that no more are hitting stores for the consumer to try on and order the right fit. 

8 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Just my opinion but I think the title of this thread should be changed to something along the lines of "Lefevre official thread" or something to that degree.

Anyway, in 3 days I'v seen 2 sets of their gear for sale on Facebook marketplace. Both times stating the gear is too big in size, referring to leg pads. I did receive information directly that their gear fits larger than the competition. And I was informed that they don't make 31 or smaller so I couldn't order if I wanted to. Thought I'd pass that on before anyone drops a few grand.

You can add me to that list. I received my L20.1 set a week ago. I don’t think I will be able to use them. Same size as the Eflex 4 that I wore last year. 

1 hour ago, Md30 said:

You can add me to that list. I received my L20.1 set a week ago. I don’t think I will be able to use them. Same size as the Eflex 4 that I wore last year. 

Are you me?

I ordered 33+1.5 thinking it would be similar to my 33+2 EF4s.

I realized I need to go down to a 32+2 or 32+2.5

its such a shame on the sizing thing, been there myself in brians, made that expensive mistake,

i dont understand such a radical change in sizing, ive been a grown adult for a while now, and when i got my first new pads they were the vaughn v2 in a 35" pad, as were most of the pads i had round that time, slowly ive been going smaller and smaller to the point i cold actually use an intermediate pad in today's measuring terms, 

the new white pad looks nice tbf, ive always liked the look of the ccm stuff in the past, even bought some of the cheaper stuff, ive just been spoilt by what i use now

6 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

So are you guys gonna sell and drop more dough on correct Lefevre sizing stuff or go back elsewhere?

I am going back to CCM with the pads. I will keep the gloves. I liked the idea of being made in North America, but I am disappointed in the sizing for sure.

9 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Are you me?

I ordered 33+1.5 thinking it would be similar to my 33+2 EF4s.

I realized I need to go down to a 32+2 or 32+2.5

I thought it was just me. I am likely pickier than most about my pads. They felt huge when I tried them on. Visually they look the same as my other pads when siting side by side. It is the flat bottom that makes them sit higher.

What would really frustrate me is that I don't see a sizing guide anywhere on their site.   Yes, the 20.1 page mentions that the pad sits higher, but it doesn't specify that you should go down an inch or anything like that. 

Have any of the orders that ran large been 12.1 or 4.1?   If so that's even more egregious.  I'm not saying it's right, but it's at least kind of understandable if a new series fits slightly differently.

9 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

What would really frustrate me is that I don't see a sizing guide anywhere on their site.   Yes, the 20.1 page mentions that the pad sits higher, but it doesn't specify that you should go down an inch or anything like that. 

Have any of the orders that ran large been 12.1 or 4.1?   If so that's even more egregious.  I'm not saying it's right, but it's at least kind of understandable if a new series fits slightly differently.

Its hidden in the customizer!

Appreciate all orders with them are custom but a sizing chart more public on their website would definitely help!

I have been mulling over a pair and spoke to a dealer and specifically mentioned the flat boot making the pad sit higher.  Im a 34" in most pads, but worried a 32" in Leferve may even be to big! (never worn CCM/Reebok before to compare to them)

Leferve Size Chart Location.JPG

Edited by StevenC
Added Image

1 hour ago, StevenC said:

Its hidden in the customizer!

Appreciate all orders with them are custom but a sizing chart more public on their website would definitely help!

I have been mulling over a pair and spoke to a dealer and specifically mentioned the flat boot making the pad sit higher.  Im a 34" in most pads, but worried a 32" in Leferve may even be to big! (never worn CCM/Reebok before to compare to them)

Leferve Size Chart Location.JPG

Yes, I did see that. I never dreamed what a difference it would make as I have had pads with a flat boot before. I didn't take into account how chunky the boot is. I would think that you would be okay in a 32 inch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Md30 said:

Yes, I did see that. I never dreamed what a difference it would make as I have had pads with a flat boot before. I didn't take into account how chunky the boot is. I would think that you would be okay in a 32 inch.

How often did you use the Leferve's? (if at all)

Any initial impressions, other than the sizing?

9 minutes ago, StevenC said:

How often did you use the Leferve's? (if at all)

Any initial impressions, other than the sizing?

I have a small section of synthetic ice tile in my basement. I tried them on and they felt pretty big. Then I tried them with my hockey pants. That is when I realized they wouldn't work. I really like them, other than the sizing. Coming from Eflex pads, they are a little stiffer. There is less wrap around the skates which should allow better movements. I really like the strapping. The quality, fit and finish look good as well. With the season starting in two weeks, I must go back to stock CCM pads as I know they will work. I am keeping the gloves, as they should work just fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Md30 said:

I have a small section of synthetic ice tile in my basement. I tried them on and they felt pretty big. Then I tried them with my hockey pants. That is when I realized they wouldn't work. I really like them, other than the sizing. Coming from Eflex pads, they are a little stiffer. There is less wrap around the skates which should allow better movements. I really like the strapping. The quality, fit and finish look good as well. With the season starting in two weeks, I must go back to stock CCM pads as I know they will work. I am keeping the gloves, as they should work just fine.

What is your floor to knee and what size did you order?

Mine is 20" which is the lower end of 32", are we sure the Leferve size chart allows for the chunky/flat boot?

4 hours ago, StevenC said:

What is your floor to knee and what size did you order?

Mine is 20" which is the lower end of 32", are we sure the Leferve size chart allows for the chunky/flat boot?

The size chart is different for 12.1 and 20.1. 

FWIW I ordered a 33+1.5” 20.1 and wore a 33+2 EF4. 

The current 20.1s that I have are a smidge too tall in the shin and a bit too short on the thigh. 

I’m a 20” FTK as well and am looking at dropping down to a 32” with a +2 or +2.5 on the thigh. 

• Like 2

why do u guys order custom pads with stock sizing that is just stupid and dumb.

ask the manf what measurment they need and the size of skate and thigh rise pref and tell them to make it so it fits u not the other way around.

u dont goto a custom tailor and say make me a shirt off and give them a size u wear for some other brand.

boot size for people are all different some people have small feet other have big.

stop ordering modified stock sizing unless u own a retail store or fits perfectly in the pads

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ordered L20.1 last week through Rance at the Goalie Crease. Can’t stress enough to measure yourself before ordering. I was in Large Bauer 2X Pro (35+1). Ordered 32 + 2.5 in Lefevre.  I’m 6’1” and FTK is 21.5 

I was amazed how a 32 in Lefevre lined up to the knee block and sliding edge in a Large 2X

EB979041-C68C-461A-B9B4-EE69B014231A.jpeg

0AD482DB-46D3-48AE-9568-462BC8D4267D.jpeg

BF0F7A69-57BD-46F9-A748-8217EB1CE379.jpeg

C56AD260-EC3E-4469-8DF8-7894690E8C42.jpeg

8AD0712D-ED4F-4F08-B7F6-D2A1CBC43F0D.jpeg

28 minutes ago, RyanR3KC said:

Ordered L20.1 last week through Rance at the Goalie Crease. Can’t stress enough to measure yourself before ordering. I was in Large Bauer 2X Pro (35+1). Ordered 32 + 2.5 in Lefevre.  I’m 6’1” and FTK is 21.5 

I was amazed how a 32 in Lefevre lined up to the knee block and sliding edge in a Large 2X

EB979041-C68C-461A-B9B4-EE69B014231A.jpeg

0AD482DB-46D3-48AE-9568-462BC8D4267D.jpeg

BF0F7A69-57BD-46F9-A748-8217EB1CE379.jpeg

C56AD260-EC3E-4469-8DF8-7894690E8C42.jpeg

8AD0712D-ED4F-4F08-B7F6-D2A1CBC43F0D.jpeg

Great pics!