NHL 17-18 Season Chat

Fullright

55 minutes ago, dreadlockgoalie said:

Isn't that the refs job?  Fighting a guy after he takes your star out seems pretty pointless.  Don't get me started on the fights that start after some gets hit hard but cleanly.  Totally useless.

I loved the intensity of fights when I was younger but with all we know about CTE ruining guys lives, I can't honestly get excited for it now.  Too much at stake that goes beyond the game.

100% agree with the bolded.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dreadlockgoalie said:

Isn't that the refs job?  Fighting a guy after he takes your star out seems pretty pointless.  Don't get me started on the fights that start after some gets hit hard but cleanly.  Totally useless.

I loved the intensity of fights when I was younger but with all we know about CTE ruining guys lives, I can't honestly get excited for it now.  Too much at stake that goes beyond the game.

Hard but clean is a stupid reason to fight; you will get NO argument from me there. 

I miss the days of McSorely. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Fullright said:

The Habs snatch up Neimi? I know Maxy and Price are down but they have no one after Charlie Lundergard (however he spells it, he killed Chicago)?

Canadiens don't have full faith in Fucale, they were pretty much forced to sign a goalie. Niemi was the best choice of available goalies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 6:49 AM, Hills said:

Vegas should've taken Niemi... But Montreal gets first dibs.

Last thing Vegas needs is to spend more money on goalies. Seems to me like they've been doing just fine with their current goaltenders.  I'm extremely impressed with Lagace  as of late, Subban and Dansk have played pretty damn well also IMO, hell even Dylan Ferguson played well when he was in net. 

2 hours ago, Puckducker said:

It's like he read about this for the first time last night and thought "I should probably take care of that" and then proceeded to shut the 'Canes out.  Awesome.

Yeah it's unfortunate for hockey hotbeds like QC, but its all about the green for the league now. Bettman has made the owners record amounts of money during his tenure. They don't seem willing to put new teams in saturated markets with low growth potential. It totally sucks for the passionate fans who deserve a team. 

Archived