I'm on the market for new pair of skates.

Currently I've got Bauer 1S 9,5D (275mm of foot length) and would propably go with 9 for my next one. I need to change as they hurt my inner ankles so badly I can barely stand in them on the ice not to mention skateing.

I was at Bauer 3D Lab today and it get me Vapors 9D (1,5 year ago it picked 2S) but I wasn't able to try them on as none hockey store around here stocks goalie skates. I scan myself again for player skates to verify accuracy of that thing and it shows 8,5 Fit2 or 8,5EE. I tried player 2S|8,5EE, 3S Pro|8,5 Fit2, 2S|9EE, 3S Pro|9 Fit2 and 2X|9D.

The bast fit was 2S|9EE (not perfect but after bake should be ok) second 2X|9D - others was a total miss.

All of that laeves me quite confused.

I don't have any experience with CCM skates as never owned a pair and don't have anywhere to try them on but I don't trust Bauers trigger system after losing a blade in both of last two games so I might consider ordering CCM. Not sure which model though?

Do you got suggestion or ideas to help me pick correct model?

Edited by Nohtaram
1 hour ago, Nohtaram said:

I'm on the market for new pair of skates.

Currently I've got Bauer 1S 9,5D (275mm of foot length) and would propably go with 9 for my next one. I need to change as they hurt my inner ankles so badly I can barely stand in them on the ice not to mention skateing.

I was at Bauer 3D Lab today and it get me Vapors 9D (1,5 year ago it picked 2S) but I wasn't able to try them on as none hockey store around here stocks goalie skates. I scan myself again for player skates to verify accuracy of that thing and it shows 8,5 Fit2 or 8,5EE. I tried player 2S|8,5EE, 3S Pro|8,5 Fit2, 2S|9EE, 3S Pro|9 Fit2 and 2X|9D.

The bast fit was 2S|9EE (not perfect but after bake should be ok) second 2X|9D - others was a total miss.

All of that laeves me quite confused.

I don't have any experience with CCM skates as never owned a pair and don't have anywhere to try them on but I don't trust Bauers trigger system after losing a blade in both of last two games so I might consider ordering CCM. Not sure which model though?

Do you got suggestion or ideas to help me pick correct model?

We sadly can't pick anything for you, you need to take a day trip to a store and put on skates. It comes down to fit, we sometimes think that one skate is better than the other while going a half size or one bigger and it's not. You need to get fitted, those scans in some cases mean nothing. 

2 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

We sadly can't pick anything for you, you need to take a day trip to a store and put on skates. It comes down to fit, we sometimes think that one skate is better than the other while going a half size or one bigger and it's not. You need to get fitted, those scans in some cases mean nothing. 

I'm not want you to pick for me but was hoping for suggestion which model look for. Closest shop that probably would have both any Bauer and CCM golie skates is over 500km away so I would order something and send it back rather than drive there.

I already know half size smaller should be fine even based on my current 1S.

I can still get 2S Pro in my size but after miss with 1S I would rather try Vapors or something from CCM. Just thinking what are pros and cons behind CCMs and Bauers and which would be better for someone with low instep/arch and medium heels/ankles?

11 hours ago, Nohtaram said:

I'm not want you to pick for me but was hoping for suggestion which model look for. Closest shop that probably would have both any Bauer and CCM golie skates is over 500km away so I would order something and send it back rather than drive there.

I already know half size smaller should be fine even based on my current 1S.

I can still get 2S Pro in my size but after miss with 1S I would rather try Vapors or something from CCM. Just thinking what are pros and cons behind CCMs and Bauers and which would be better for someone with low instep/arch and medium heels/ankles?

Having owned a pair of S170 8EE, then upgrading to a Vapor 900 7.5EE as they fit better to now I finally got a pair of ccm as3 7.5D. My favourite skate is the ccm as ccm skates have always fit better and been slightly wider in the tacks line. 

Biggest difference is going to be pitch of the blades ccm uses a neutral pitch on there xs goalie holder compared to a Bauer lightspeedG holder.

Ccm holder is much easier to sharpen as well. Since you do special jig to sharpen them or pull the blades out as that is what I did for the last 4 years.

• Like 1