Soft pads user

3 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Just curious, have you looked at any possible physiological solutions for your hip issues? 
Don't get me wrong.  I love talking about new gear, but I don't think any equipment out there is going to help with hip issues.

I've been battling stiff hips since a couple knee injuries in my mid 20s.  36 years old now, but wearing stiff pads (x-stiff core Lefevre 20.1).

For me, the physical issue was trying to maintain a sedentary lifestyle with the rigorous demands of playing the position (I got very lazy after competitive hockey).  Sitting at work didn't help much.  The issues compounded over time and I ended up with a really tight iliopsoas and weak glutes, causing my spine at the base of my back to pull forward and creating some anterior pelvic tilt.

These days, I'm in/working out of my car for +/- 6-8 hours a day so it should be worse...but I've actually gotten better, because I've dialed in on a solid off-ice routine focusing on the appropriate areas. 

• Lot of glute work with bands and weights.  
  • Lacrosse ball and some other tools for myofascial release on tight areas.
  • Core and balance training, as well as a flexibility circuit as well. 
  • Short warmup before my skate sessions. 
  • Any on-ice warmup is done to ensure I'm focusing on proper mechanics.

Would be happy to post my routine if you or anyone else that sees this wants to take a look at it

I'd like to have a look at your routine

3 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Just curious, have you looked at any possible physiological solutions for your hip issues? 
Don't get me wrong.  I love talking about new gear, but I don't think any equipment out there is going to help with hip issues.

I've been battling stiff hips since a couple knee injuries in my mid 20s.  36 years old now, but wearing stiff pads (x-stiff core Lefevre 20.1).

For me, the physical issue was trying to maintain a sedentary lifestyle with the rigorous demands of playing the position (I got very lazy after competitive hockey).  Sitting at work didn't help much.  The issues compounded over time and I ended up with a really tight iliopsoas and weak glutes, causing my spine at the base of my back to pull forward and creating some anterior pelvic tilt.

These days, I'm in/working out of my car for +/- 6-8 hours a day so it should be worse...but I've actually gotten better, because I've dialed in on a solid off-ice routine focusing on the appropriate areas. 

Would be happy to post my routine if you or anyone else that sees this wants to take a look at it

I like how you become hyper aware of your physical needs and started to work on them. Most people don't do this, so good on you.

4 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Please do if it's not too much hassle :) I've fallen off the bandwagon totally this year and need to start getting into game shape and regain some flexibility.

15 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

for now 3month i do 1 hour training at home ( because of covid 19 ) and 30min mobility its work well i see better result.. my asking was about if i go with a softer pads did my body going to thank me or not hehe 

On 10/19/2020 at 5:19 PM, Xdave90x said:

I'd like to have a look at your routine

On 10/19/2020 at 6:51 PM, motowngoalie said:

Please do if it's not too much hassle :) I've fallen off the bandwagon totally this year and need to start getting into game shape and regain some flexibility.

• 2 weeks later...