Gear Storage - Home Locker

BadAngle41

Here's my locker storage but it's not in my home but at the arena. It costs me $100 a year but it's worth it to not have to pack and carry gear. I just bring a small bag with my undergarments and towel to the rink. I have a small fan in there for air flow and my gear is dry overnight. I play Wed, Sat and Sun nights. 92749B9C-1BD3-4315-83A9-D8C4C0CBA004.thumb.jpeg.e9882a8da2c00554783147b63af0a4da.jpeg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/1/2017 at 10:29 AM, Scott said:

How much did this cost?I want

Ha... honestly probably not too much. We made it part of the design of the house so it was all baked in. Funny enough though as I'm looking at wire shelving, most is 12" deep and of course my current solid shelves are 14" deep. I mean lots of ways to go about remedying that... but of course it's never as easy as cut to length and slap in. Good news is that I have a mess of vacation time to use up by year's end (the last company on earth to keep "use it or lose it.")

On 12/2/2017 at 2:38 AM, KootenayKeeper said:

Here's my locker storage but it's not in my home but at the arena. It costs me $100 a year but it's worth it to not have to pack and carry gear. I just bring a small bag with my undergarments and towel to the rink. I have a small fan in there for air flow and my gear is dry overnight. I play Wed, Sat and Sun nights. 

That's the way to do it!! Even and Beer League tourneys its always nice to have games line up where you can just leave your stuff in the locker room. Nice work!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Nice... a place for everything and everything in its place.

I use the forward gear 3-4 times a year these days. It might get booted and live in the bag! The goalie gear should be front row center, right? 

27 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I use the forward gear 3-4 times a year these days. It might get booted and live in the bag! The goalie gear should be front row center, right? 

ABSOLUTELY... although at least you have some Jofa gear. Way to take care of the Jenpro too. I actually flip my pads upside down... not really sure why I do it... just a habit I guess.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, itis121 said:

My parents smoke in the garage so I made my window sill my locker. Smell doesn't get to me. Plus I have a fabreze plug under the window sill.20180830_110433.thumb.jpg.12570ca37ef7f4c64ede8722a4529dd6.jpg

i originally had my stuff in my room to air out, i put a diffuser in there as well as left my door open and opened the windows so the smell would get out, but my parents hated the sweat smell that built up so i had to put it on my porch. i dont blame them, i hated the smell but i loved having my gear on display in my room.

• 4 weeks later...

So i just moved off to uni, into a dorm room. Of course i brought my gear and ill be playing a few times a week. The problem i have is finding a good way to store and dry my gear in my room. We arnt allowed space heaters so i was thinking of using a fan and a dehumidifier. If anyone has any ideas of how i can dry my gear and keep it from making my room smell of hockey please share.

This is what i currently have.

1726241395_2018-09-2814_15_23.thumb.jpg.76e9f91656f821f59265c64abb43e562.jpg

Also any general uni tips are welcome hahah

Tough with close quarters.

Leave it in the bag at night when you get home. Put it out while you (and room mates) are out all day with class. Re-bag it when you get back that afternoon.

What I did when I lived in an apartment with my wife. This way she didn't die at night with the gear smell when I put my gear out.

But that's for a chick. Bunch of dudes... suffer you bastards.

Archived