Blocker + Bottle

Punisher Goalie

• 1 month later...

I'm a mess, not only do I take my catcher off I only do so after a goal, my end or the other guys. But I oddly time it so I drink half almost exactly halfway through leaving me half again to finish the game. Obviously enough goals go in that I'm well hydrated. And it has to be room temp.bottled water too or I'm "off" cuz I think the rink water isn't right.

I drink with my glove hand. I wear my gloves pretty lose (not because of the water bottle, but it does help) so it's super quick to slide the catcher off, grab a quick drink and put the glove back on. 

When I got my new gloves (Eflex3's) I tested out a tighter strapping where I couldn't take my gloves off. So I was forced to use the blocker and, yeah didn't go well....

• 1 year later...

I've been trying to figure this out too for the longest time. I can't' drink with my blocker hand for a few reasons. Main one being I drink left handed so I gotta take my glove off which takes more time but worth it. Bottle barely fits in my blocker and even if I take blocker off I can't bend that arm of the c/a good enough to get the bottle close enough... drives me crazy. It is risky though.. there's been times when i try to put my glove back on quickly and can't find the pinky loop inside the glove or once the thumb insert got all out of whack.. man talk about a mad goalie when that happened 🤬

I've always wrapped stick tape around my bottles which makes them easier to grab and hang on to.  I also write GOALIE #20 on the tape so that guys dont drink from it.  No problems with my blocker and bottles and I always drink blocker on.

I drink after every goal I let in and for goals we score, I always skate to the glass to my right, tap the glass with my glove, skate back to goal and drink.  Just a habit. 

I also drink a lot.  I have 2 32oz bottles every time I play with one of them spiked with a carb free electrolyte powder.  For my weekly 90 minute pick-up games I time it perfectly for 1 bottle per half with the spiked one first-I drink every drop of these for pick-up.  I was struggling with crashing for energy recently in the last 20 minutes of pick-up and since I've been using this powder this problem has gone away. 

For real games, I use the spiked bottle in the 1st and drink about 75% of it.  I'll switch to plain water in the 2nd and again drink about 75%.  For the 3rd I'll go back to spiked and typically change to the plain water somewhere in the period if the spiked runs out, which doesn't always happen. I usually have some left of both in the locker room after real games and I'll just chug what's left of both. 

In addition, I have a smaller green Gatorade bottle of juice on my net at all times, which I need to regulate my blood sugar.  I get a lot of refs cracking jokes about having 2 bottles on the net and implying that one, clearly, contains alcohol.  

So yeah, I leave locker room everytime I play with 3 bottles and an iPod (which is the display for my blood sugar meter) in my glove....and I definitely get chirped for it, haha. 

I don't know guys... I never had any issue with pick and hold bottle with the blocker. I had a Bauer, Sher-Wood and now Warriors bottles (all of them was 1 liter large) and I'm only take my glove off when I'm on the bench. Otherwise I only take up my mask cause I don't know how to drink through the cage.

I'm useing G2 blocker now and Reebok Revoke 9000 earlier.

Archived