Sportmask Thread

6 minutes ago, goalie said:

who bought who?

All I've heard so far is that it's a merger so they can pool their resources.  I know there is a relationship there so who knows the details behind it.  OTNY is probably looking to get more mass production going and I bet Tony has the connections there.  I'm sure with coveted going retail, they want to compete on that level.

Their media release:

"OTNYMASK and SPORTMASK Agree to Merger

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Oakville, Ontario – Officers from leading goalie mask makers, OTNYMask and SPORTMASK officially announce today a merger between the two companies enabling them to better serve the head protection needs of goalies around the world. The merger permits the companies to more effectively utilize their resources, technologies and vast experience to develop and produce the finest head protection available for goalies of all levels from Professionals on through to youth and recreation league goalies.

OTNYMask’s Matt Calabro said “I have been friends with Tony for years and have always admired his work. I am excited to join forces with him to produce and design new models using new technologies and new materials.”

The merger also affords the unique position to control almost every component of goalie mask production in house with Canadian made raw materials and Canadian labor. This is applicable to all models under the respective brand names.

The first collaboration will be the use of Innegra. Innegra is the lightest fiber commercially available and is impact resistant, ductile, tough, and dampens vibration. The Sportmask 515i will be the first to utilize this technology, followed by the release of the Sportmask Pro 2i & Pro 3i and the OTNY X2i & X3i in the first quarter of 2019.

SPORTMASK’s Tony Priolo said, “I look forward to working with OTNY. This partnership brings the strengths of these two organizations together to make something special.”

OTNY Masks will continue to be exclusively distributed through GoalieParts.com and CanadaGoalie.ca.

Sportmask will continue to be distributed through various retail stores worldwide."

7 hours ago, TitanG said:

Their media release:

"OTNYMASK and SPORTMASK Agree to Merger

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Oakville, Ontario – Officers from leading goalie mask makers, OTNYMask and SPORTMASK officially announce today a merger between the two companies enabling them to better serve the head protection needs of goalies around the world. The merger permits the companies to more effectively utilize their resources, technologies and vast experience to develop and produce the finest head protection available for goalies of all levels from Professionals on through to youth and recreation league goalies.

OTNYMask’s Matt Calabro said “I have been friends with Tony for years and have always admired his work. I am excited to join forces with him to produce and design new models using new technologies and new materials.”

The merger also affords the unique position to control almost every component of goalie mask production in house with Canadian made raw materials and Canadian labor. This is applicable to all models under the respective brand names.

The first collaboration will be the use of Innegra. Innegra is the lightest fiber commercially available and is impact resistant, ductile, tough, and dampens vibration. The Sportmask 515i will be the first to utilize this technology, followed by the release of the Sportmask Pro 2i & Pro 3i and the OTNY X2i & X3i in the first quarter of 2019.

SPORTMASK’s Tony Priolo said, “I look forward to working with OTNY. This partnership brings the strengths of these two organizations together to make something special.”

OTNY Masks will continue to be exclusively distributed through GoalieParts.com

and CanadaGoalie.ca.

Sportmask will continue to be distributed through various retail stores worldwide."

Yeah I read this earlier this week, can't wait to see where it leads.  I kind of see this with a good eye, as long as they can take decisions together and really leverage the ressources and knowledge it is likely to lead to even better products for the "two companies".

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Like @TheGoalNet reposted on Instagram, Sportmask has a new Pro3i looks to be "3D scanned" and "photometric tested", and while those are big words which I am not entirely clear on. Does it mean the masks are modeled software to determine the best construction or geometry? Or is it something else? Either way, the more R&D that goes into masks the better!

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

@TitanG... I'd be curious how they use Photometry as its simply - the science of the measurement of light, in terms of its perceived brightness to the human eye.  The 3D scanning is interesting.  Skips the whole making a mold issue for a ProTechSport

But I wonder if the 3D scan is not in reference to fitting the mask, but designing it in some way. Hopefully it is about fit but we won't know until they hit retail.

@TitanG - I’ll have more soon on the design soon. 

I don’t know the financials or anything, but I did chat with Tony a bit about this.

Tony basically said that running a business took him too far away from designing new products, engineering, and getting his hands dirty

With OTNY running the business side of things, he’ll now be able to do everything likes and none of the stuff he doesn’t... like worrying about healthcare changes 😂

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, TitanG said:

It's interesting that some Sportmask's have the cutout on the backplate so it doesn't dig in as much, and others, like the Pro3i, do not.

Do you mean the indention toward the bottom of the back plate?

On mine that's right where the Sportmask logo is.

p.s. I'm just dreaming about Greiss in this mask and it makes me real happy.

Edited by seagoal

21 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Do you mean the indention toward the bottom of the back plate?

On mine that's right where the Sportmask logo is.

p.s. I'm just dreaming about Greiss in this mask and it makes me real happy.

Yes, you can see it here. Coveted also copied it for their masks though made the cutout a bit wider.

sportmask-x8_3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Looking seriously into Sportmask/OTNY full custom mold for my new lid. Since they have merged, is Sportmask still the best route for contacting? I've had a custom Warwick and need would like to know if anyone has gone full custom with Sportmask. 

Thank you so much!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pauly said:

Anyone know where I could find red strapping to fit the sportmask? 

Goalieparts.com has various Sportmask strap colors, but you have to email them. They don't advertise their colored straps openly.

On 5/4/2019 at 4:09 PM, seagoal said:

Goalieparts.com has various Sportmask strap colors, but you have to email them. They don't advertise their colored straps openly.

Thanks for the help. I’ll contact them to see if they can help. 

On 3/25/2019 at 10:28 PM, Goalier95 said:

Hello everyone!

Looking seriously into Sportmask/OTNY full custom mold for my new lid. Since they have merged, is Sportmask still the best route for contacting? I've had a custom Warwick and need would like to know if anyone has gone full custom with Sportmask. 

Thank you so much!

I would just call Sportmask. Someone normally picks up and you should be okay.