Sportmask Thread

So my nephew has found out that the red harness won’t match his new team. 

He was hoping to get a grey or silver harness. Goalieparts is not able to do that  does anybody know where I could look? 

Thanks

• 4 months later...

After 10 seasons, my hackva mask is finally on its last legs. I have been looking at possible replacements, and the Mage RS caught my eye.

I was curious as to what those of you who've won the mask think about it. I was also curious as to if you think it would be an upgrade over the old hackva, or if you would recommend other options.

For a bit of perspective, I play in low-level beer leagues, and I'm looking to spend around $500 at most.

1 hour ago, A10airknight said:

After 10 seasons, my hackva mask is finally on its last legs. I have been looking at possible replacements, and the Mage RS caught my eye.

I was curious as to what those of you who've won the mask think about it. I was also curious as to if you think it would be an upgrade over the old hackva, or if you would recommend other options.

For a bit of perspective, I play in low-level beer leagues, and I'm looking to spend around $500 at most.

Sportmasks and Protechsports are the way to go on a lower budget. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A10airknight said:

While waiting for my new OTNY Combo mask I found a good deal on a used Mage RS 2014 and I’ve used it three times and love it. 

It is a bit forward heavy according to some but I don’t mind it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So after shopping for a goalie mask I've come to a stand still.  I know @TheGoalNet said earlier in this thread that sportmask and protechsport are the best mask on a budget. However up here in Canada the new sportmask Pro3i is 950$ and bauers 960 and VTX are 999$, so the difference is negligible. Are Bauers masks that much better than a sportmask? or is sportmask better than Bauer? I keep hearing mixed reviews as to which one is better.  Hopefully someone can give their input. 

55 minutes ago, JDiv said:

So after shopping for a goalie mask I've come to a stand still.  I know @TheGoalNet said earlier in this thread that sportmask and protechsport are the best mask on a budget. However up here in Canada the new sportmask Pro3i is 950$ and bauers 960 and VTX are 999$, so the difference is negligible. Are Bauers masks that much better than a sportmask? or is sportmask better than Bauer? I keep hearing mixed reviews as to which one is better.  Hopefully someone can give their input. 

You get fanboys from both sides. That being said, both brands are/have been used in the show. Both brands have past the standards imposed by government. Difference I see, if you have an issue with the 3i, you can shoot Tony an email or pm and he is most likely to answer and help you 1 on 1. You have an issue with the Bauer, visit your pro shop and good luck getting direct feedback from the manufacturer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sportmask just launched a .ca domain with no mention of custom (still on their .com website) but they now include the option of getting an EcoProFoam kit installed from the factory in a new mask or you can order the kit on it's own (they're owned by Goalieparts I believe). This seems like a nice option for people who prefer Sportmask over OTNY mask but still want the improved foam.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, netminder said:

Those are fantastic paint jobs, wow, who did them? Also, any chance you could put the left one in the pic on you and show a side profile? Ive always wanted to know how close a face can get to the bars on that model, thanks for sharing!

I have a friend that has a hydrographics business. I did all the prep work he did the final painting, dipped them and sprayed the clear coat. Here’s a side shot. I just got this one. It’s ready for some time in the blue paint. 

C08E2493-89A6-464C-A637-340E6564C1F1.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, netminder said:

Thanks for the pic, really appreciate it. Ive been on the fence for getting one of those for a few years as im in a custom Olympia Composite but its getting narrow in the cheeks lately, lol.  Are you in a chin cup or sling there?

The stock Sportmask chin cup. 

3 hours ago, dreadlocked1 said:

What do you have on your dangler there?  That black lining looks custom.  Sound muffling purpose?

Car door edge trim yes I’d deadens the rattling sound quite a bit.  First time I mentioned that I was using it ( on another BB ) about 13 years ago I was told it wouldn’t hold up… been using it ever since. 

• 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, RichMan said:

So I got me a X8 mask (cert. cage). Fit is good but not like a glove of course. Not going the custom route for now.

My issues/concerns are: my nose touches the front bars. Anyone else? And the chin cup is thinner than I expected. Anyone suffer a cut upon impact?

Your nose should not be touching the cage.

Loosen the backplate to see if it improves.  If it doesn't you should get a larger size