Piranha Peg - New Net Peg

Joe Messina

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

This particular rink attendant is infamous for confiscating things like that to keep for the rink. 

I don't understand.  Put the pegs in yourself after he's off the ice and the doors are all closed.  Take them out yourself before he gets on the ice.  And if he does somehow take them he is stealing them.  Its your property, demand them back.

Just now, SaveByRichter35 said:

I don't understand.  Put the pegs in yourself after he's off the ice and the doors are all closed.  Take them out yourself before he gets on the ice.  And if he does somehow take them he is stealing them.  Its your property, demand them back.

This is a weird situation. It is not as simple as it sounds. It’s a park district rink, and this person has the same power as a Park Ranger at this place. Question her authority and you’re banned. If it were not my only option for play, I would not even go to that rink because it is forever away and this rink attendant has WAAAAAAAY too much power. If there was any other rink doing Sunday afternoon drop in, I would go there instead. 

23 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

This is a weird situation. It is not as simple as it sounds. It’s a park district rink, and this person has the same power as a Park Ranger at this place. Question her authority and you’re banned. If it were not my only option for play, I would not even go to that rink because it is forever away and this rink attendant has WAAAAAAAY too much power. If there was any other rink doing Sunday afternoon drop in, I would go there instead. 

ok, then like I said, put the pegs in yourself after he's off the ice and the doors are all closed.  Take them out yourself before he gets on the ice to remove the nets for the cut.

On 11/11/2017 at 4:18 PM, IPv6Freely said:

I would do anything for my rink to get new nets and get these to go with them. I’d even donate my gatorade bottle holders to the rink. 

What would you do if Piranha Peg came out with an amazing water bottle holder and peg much?

On 11/12/2017 at 10:57 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

ok, then like I said, put the pegs in yourself after he's off the ice and the doors are all closed.  Take them out yourself before he gets on the ice to remove the nets for the cut.

This is crazy, I mean do you know that the standard metal peg has been around since 1973. Give me one thing in a rink that has been around that long that hasn't changed in design, quality etc......

On 11/12/2017 at 1:25 AM, IPv6Freely said:

What do you do with the regular pegs?

Leave them on top of the net or put them on our bench until the game is over and then put them back on the net

On 11/12/2017 at 7:39 AM, bunnyman666 said:

This particular rink attendant is infamous for confiscating things like that to keep for the rink.

Pretty crazy that he would have that much power. Our local rink guy is super strict about everything, don’t go on to ice before your alotted time get off the second your ice time is over, be out of the dressing room 1/2 hr after your ice ends, no drinking in the dressing rooms, no kicking a soccer ball around. But he has never made a move for my Pegs

6 hours ago, Imperative said:

Leave them on top of the net or put them on our bench until the game is over and then put them back on the net

Pretty crazy that he would have that much power. Our local rink guy is super strict about everything, don’t go on to ice before your alotted time get off the second your ice time is over, be out of the dressing room 1/2 hr after your ice ends, no drinking in the dressing rooms, no kicking a soccer ball around. But he has never made a move for my Pegs

My goalie partner’s puck bucket for the hockey 101 that we both are goalies in was confiscated as “rink property”. Like I said- these people are NUTS.

On 10/31/2017 at 10:18 PM, Puckducker said:

Would be interested to see how these fair. Can't tell you how many times I've kicked off the post, only to kick the net off, and then have to defend myself because the other team assumed "he just kicked the net off to get a whistle!"

Wait, if I buy these I won't be able to kick the net off to get a whistle anymore? Hmm....?

• 2 weeks later...

After another 2-hour pickup session in which merely breathing on the posts sent them flying, I’ve had enough. Ordered a set of Pirahna Pegs. Can’t wait to try them out.

Only thing I have a little anxiety about is all the staring that’s going to happen when the goalies switch halfway through and I go to remove/repeg the net and take them with me to the opposite net...

@TheGoalNet Unfortunately no, due to recent budget cuts, we've been unable to sway the local government to allow this expenditure.

I do know that with a donated set in hand, being able to show the board a tangible product and how it will improve drop-in revenue will allow us to tide the battle in our favour.

Please PM me for shipping details.

Gracias.

;)

On 11/22/2017 at 2:57 PM, beansbats said:

Are the spikes adjustable on these pegs in order to change the depth of placement?

-steve 

The concept behind the embedded, one piece triangular spike design in the Piranha Peg provides stability and support to the overall construction of the peg. After hours of research with other common adjustable spiked pegs, we discovered that the housing components became fragile, dented, bent and ultimately compromised the spikes performance all together over time. Another major concern with the adjustable spikes were they became loose and unscrewed due to the vibration and jarring of the net. With the spike construction being a major component of the functionality of the Piranha Peg, we felt building a solid spike system and embedding it in rubber was the best construction that would stand the test of time when using the Piranha Peg. Check out our FAQ page for a tone of answers to common questions. www.piranhapeg.com 

cropped-justPeg2.png

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

Just about to order my own set. I'm sick of readjusting a net every time I touch a post. Only one rink I play at has marsh pegs, I don't understand why that's not just the standard.

None of ours have those, likely due to the time for install and maintenance... The rink guys never set up the nets either... They're usually left out against the boards... ours here is just the typical standard junk peg.  Most have been around so long that they've rounded off on the bottom

download.jpeg.acd5d1a173a84a7e4c367cbb94802fcf.jpeg

Archived