NHL RETRO JERSEYS 2020-2021

RichMan

I agree the Avs One is just cool.

Whalers, always great to see that logo back.  

Also nice to see some Black again with the Orange and Black.  

I like the Panthers too for some reason.  

Big miss Islanders could’ve used the Fisherman Logo.  

First of all, most of this things look like some Chinese knock off factory grabbed the wrong patterns and fabrics.  They're just god-awful and a blatant money grab.   They remind me of the horrible Starter jerseys from the 90's.

Now that I'm done ranting, there were a couple that were not eye-searingly offensive and two I actually liked.   Minnesota is by far the best.  Both colors and logo have meaning and they're blended together nicely.  Winnipeg is also well done.  Classy, somewhat understated and a nice use of the old logo.

My final thought is that if I lived in Quebec City or Hartford I really doubt I'd be happy to see those logos resurfaced and worn in they city that "stole" our team.   Having grown up in Ohio during the time the Browns moved to Baltimore I can tell you there would have been riots if the Ravens had worn Browns unis.

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

First of all, most of this things look like some Chinese knock off factory grabbed the wrong patterns and fabrics.  They're just god-awful and a blatant money grab.   They remind me of the horrible Starter jerseys from the 90's.

Now that I'm done ranting, there were a couple that were not eye-searingly offensive and two I actually liked.   Minnesota is by far the best.  Both colors and logo have meaning and they're blended together nicely.  Winnipeg is also well done.  Classy, somewhat understated and a nice use of the old logo.

My final thought is that if I lived in Quebec City or Hartford I really doubt I'd be happy to see those logos resurfaced and worn in they city that "stole" our team.   Having grown up in Ohio during the time the Browns moved to Baltimore I can tell you there would have been riots if the Ravens had worn Browns unis.

If I could screenshot a text thread on my phone about these jerseys, you'd see me saying "Minnesota and Winnipeg are gorgeous, by far the best."  Absolute agreement on those.

It's sad that NYI, EDM, NSH, PHI, and TB upon a quick glance all look like they chose not to participate and just said: "Meh, let's just do this."

Biggest winners:

image.png.7d1def3184c60650e62222940d1b6c7b.png

image.png.895533c4e1c850d77acfa98621f53102.png

image.png.789adb4b3ac8f37376c3506832fb204a.png

image.png.97bc4a991a6c12fd5bd001bc36cc6b93.png

And biggest losers....these are barf inducing for me:

image.png.653e8de8bcb89c1b9fc24d7cd9f4537d.png

image.png.5641c67d642afa42568aa9e320eb7696.png

image.png.0935a0c48389cd1bd2f693f0a8af4570.png

image.png.6596d4990dbf190a9b740c694168aec1.png

14 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Just wanna say wtaf were the islanders thinking with their jerseys?

The Isles are actually one I don't mind.   They don't feel absurd and forced the way many of these things do.   As a Red Wings fan I'm glad they kept ours simple and didn't screw it up too much, but it really just kind of looks like the model is wearing a wife-beater.

15 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Just wanna say wtaf were the islanders thinking with their jerseys?

Biz from spittin chiclets put it the best!

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

The Isles are actually one I don't mind.   They don't feel absurd and forced the way many of these things do.   As a Red Wings fan I'm glad they kept ours simple and didn't screw it up too much, but it really just kind of looks like the model is wearing a wife-beater.

You must be the first person rooting for Detroit not bashing the jersey.  Personally I'd be pissed, I think they missed a great opportunity, I feel like they just decided to submit their practice jersey. 

Screenshot_20201116-133552.png

4 hours ago, Math. said:

You must be the first person rooting for Detroit not bashing the jersey.  Personally I'd be pissed, I think they missed a great opportunity, I feel like they just decided to submit their practice jersey. 

I mean, it's super bland and boring, but most of our Winter Classic jerseys have sucked so I'll take bland over shitty. 

Just here to join in on the Red Wings jersey hate. It's borderline sacrilegious that they trotted that thing out with effing gray stripes of all things. It's not retro, or reverse. It's nothing. Based on the 98' jersey, ok. But then the silver is from the Centennial Classic in.....wait for it..2017?

Seriously, whoever approved this thing in DRW marketing/branding dept. needs professional help. I guess it's better than wearing Wild Wing at least, but for the first ever alternate jersey they'll wear (excluding special events like WC/Stadium Series, 75th Anni, etc.), that thing is complete dogshit.

3 hours ago, motowngoalie said:

Just here to join in on the Red Wings jersey hate. It's borderline sacrilegious that they trotted that thing out with effing gray stripes of all things. It's not retro, or reverse. It's nothing. Based on the 98' jersey, ok. But then the silver is from the Centennial Classic in.....wait for it..2017?

Seriously, whoever approved this thing in DRW marketing/branding dept. needs professional help. I guess it's better than wearing Wild Wing at least, but for the first ever alternate jersey they'll wear (excluding special events like WC/Stadium Series, 75th Anni, etc.), that thing is complete dogshit.

While I agree with you, just look at some of the others and realize how much worse it could have been.  I wouldn't have put it past them to make this thing grey with red stripes and stick us with Buckeyes colors.  They added grey to Winnipeg and silver to ours for no reason after all.

image.png.8cb3d36015bef3f03653ce2e95e059fd.png

You guys are nailing these jerseys perfectly. Great posts.

Were these jerseys designed by Starter? Feel like half of these were for sale in Champs in the local mall.

Vintage 90s starter Detroit red wings jersey size... - Depop

STARTER Shirts & Tops | Vintage Detroit Red Wings Hockey Jersey M | Poshmark

or these CCM half and half messes:

Vintage CCM Anaheim Mighty Ducks Home/Away Half Half NHL Hockey Jersey  Youth XL | eBay

I wish the Canucks pulled these back out:

Business Insider

1 hour ago, MTH said:

You guys are nailing these jerseys perfectly. Great posts.

Were these jerseys designed by Starter? Feel like half of these were for sale in Champs in the local mall.

or these CCM half and half messes:

I wish the Canucks pulled these back out:

The off-color jersey reminds me of the late 90s, early 00s.  Remember when red Yankees hats were popular?

The half and half jerseys were cool when Ray Bourque fans did it for BOS/COL.  Everything after that has been awful

On 11/19/2020 at 3:00 PM, WillyGrips13 said:

There was a dude who used to wear a half and half home and away Bruins jersey to our weekly skate. We had to tell him to stop, because we never knew what team he was on. Hockey players not known for their intelligence. 

That's a new level of terrible. Here I thought the gray jersey clowns were bad.

On 11/19/2020 at 10:22 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

The Vancouver sprite can Jersey is awful.

0E284470-5763-4312-B981-2EB59BCE3D30.jpeg

This is the biggest miss for me. It's just because of the level of opportunities was missed. 

1. Skate logo look in blue / green

2. V jersey in blue / green

3. Original rink logo with the Red, black, and yellow 

4. anything with Johnny Canuck in either color scheme?

Archived