NHL RETRO JERSEYS 2020-2021

RichMan

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

This is the biggest miss for me. It's just because of the level of opportunities was missed. 

1. Skate logo look in blue / green

2. V jersey in blue / green

3. Original rink logo with the Red, black, and yellow 

4. anything with Johnny Canuck in either color scheme?

This is a half decent mock up that I saw online after the initial jerseys were unveiled.

Goes with the actual "retro" colour scheme with a mix of the spaghetti skate and V neck.

It also keeps the overall crummy design aesthetic that lots of these jerseys are having

Skate-Black.thumb.jpg.f47cd2965040cc08febe4a54043f2da4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, MTH said:

Yowza!

It's nuts - but new designs are always nuts at first. These were panned in the day too:

But they were one of the original alternate jerseys. They're tame in today's world.

God those were so bad at the time.

And then we went to that Navy/Maroon/Silver iteration of the orca.

Still my least favourite Canucks' jerseys.

What the Dallas Stars jerseys would have looked like, had they gone blue | Dallas  stars hockey, Nhl highlights, Dallas stars

Then wear silver shells with their dark jersey and a light blue shell with the white jersey.

File:Dallas Cowboys Uniforms 2017.png - Wikipedia

Then they could use a few shades of blue like the Boys. Royal blue at home, navy on the road, steel blue pants at home and gray on the road. I think it was determined that the Cowboys wear 5 shades of blue in all their uniforms.

On 12/4/2020 at 11:23 AM, MTH said:

What the Dallas Stars jerseys would have looked like, had they gone blue | Dallas  stars hockey, Nhl highlights, Dallas stars

Then wear silver shells with their dark jersey and a light blue shell with the white jersey.

File:Dallas Cowboys Uniforms 2017.png - Wikipedia

Then they could use a few shades of blue like the Boys. Royal blue at home, navy on the road, steel blue pants at home and gray on the road. I think it was determined that the Cowboys wear 5 shades of blue in all their uniforms.

I honestly loathe the cowboys but this would be really cool to see.

Then green and yellow can be back in Minnesota full time again. These uniforms are nice:

ff_4078916-6dd37612c7affeeb18a7alt1_full

The North Stars name is pretty great. Sadly the shortened Stars name fits Texas too, so re-using the North Stars name would be tough.

Maybe try a M logo with a star like the old N star one. Although the N star was pretty perfect with the star at the top and being the north star. The Wild might be one of the most un-whelming names for a sports team ever. Not that we're all not used to the name now, but the fact they just went with "Wild" was a real bummer. You were the North Stars. Such a perfect name.

In MTH's NHL - Dallas becomes the Dallas Outlaws and the North Stars return. (Also the Jets return to royal blue and red)

Tie Domi of the Winnipeg Jets skates against the Toronto Maple Leafs...  News Photo - Getty Images

Look at those mitts... works of art.

2 hours ago, MTH said:

Then green and yellow can be back in Minnesota full time again. These uniforms are nice:

The North Stars name is pretty great. Sadly the shortened Stars name fits Texas too, so re-using the North Stars name would be tough.

I can't get over that the wild logo looks good? I always thought that was a late 90s early 2000s dog and it even looks great in the right colors

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2020 at 12:23 PM, MTH said:

Maybe try a M logo with a star like the old N star one. Although the N star was pretty perfect with the star at the top and being the north star. The Wild might be one of the most un-whelming names for a sports team ever. Not that we're all not used to the name now, but the fact they just went with "Wild" was a real bummer. You were the North Stars. Such a perfect name.

In MTH's NHL - Dallas becomes the Dallas Outlaws and the North Stars return. (Also the Jets return to royal blue and red)

I could not agree more with the name "Wild".  While, yes, I am used to it I still don't like it.  It is boring and it seems like it was a total lack of imagination when it was founded.  Granted, the logo does have quite a bit of imagination inside of it.  

• 1 month later...

The use of alternate jerseys used to be something I'd go check out pictures of after. Think the whole 6 different uniforms a season has worn out the interest in them.

How many times can you go to the well?

Archived