NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/27/2019 at 6:32 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

I think the exact opposite actually.  Leaving unused zones makes it look like a stock graphic.

Sorry I worded 5 that wrong. What I meant was that it looks closer to a stock graphic than a custom graphic so he perhaps made those unused colour zones so that it would look like a stock graphic. In my opinion without those unused colour zones it would look weird.

6 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Primeau ✳️ 2S Glove

Don’t know why... it’s so simple, but this set up is just filthy to me 

0EE0C6F9-580E-404F-B281-41D49496AA3D.jpeg

i dig the pads, i dig the blocker. the glove is terrible though. I hate that the graphic doesnt match.

17 hours ago, Max27 said:

i dig the pads, i dig the blocker. the glove is terrible though. I hate that the graphic doesnt match.

I think the glove matches, but if you don’t feel it does, you could make the cuff white and the finger tips blue on the glove. It’s available on the customizer 

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I think the glove matches, but if you don’t feel it does, you could make the cuff white and the finger tips blue on the glove. It’s available on the customizer 

if i get 2x i will do what vasy does but alternate the colors of the spears (just w padskinz)

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

Is it just my OCD or are the top faux straps too loose???

Look at the right leg pad knee roll. Looks like the skin is loose. Hope he got those for free, looking at how they seemed to be just thrown together. Also why have the faux straps? Seems like it would cause so many unpredictable rebounds and to much hassle. 

25 minutes ago, kyledjean said:

Look at the right leg pad knee roll. Looks like the skin is loose. Hope he got those for free, looking at how they seemed to be just thrown together. Also why have the faux straps? Seems like it would cause so many unpredictable rebounds and to much hassle. 

I dont think the straps would really affect rebounds, and it would be a hassle for the people at Vaughn not him. The knee rolls also look like crap  because they dont look 3D at all.

11 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Ducks prospect Garrett Metcalf’s new Vaughn setup. Absolutely love the vintage logo on there

43E4DE6E-59A2-4753-BD31-57666AE77494.png

I dig these, but there are three things:

1) Vaughn was in the no hole blocker face club like John Brown was back in the day. THAT would be more retro than copying the GM12 hole pattern. I have grown weary of retro being represented as ONLY one of MANY blocker hole patterns. But Vaughn’s is old enough to have their own retro stuff. Vaughn was started around ‘84-ish. 

2) Is it me, or does the script in the OG Vaughn logo look off? It’s cool, don’t get me wrong; it just doesn’t quite look right. The original Vaughn logo was from the days of camera ready art and not always a standardised font. My Pooper logo for my shirts from my supplier is actually a standard font; slightly different than the original logo.

3) yes- the top strap is loose.

But it is slightly more original than other “retro” sets. Props for that!

18 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I dig these, but there are three things:

1) Vaughn was in the no hole blocker face club like John Brown was back in the day. THAT would be more retro than copying the GM12 hole pattern. I have grown weary of retro being represented as ONLY one of MANY blocker hole patterns. But Vaughn’s is old enough to have their own retro stuff. Vaughn was started around ‘84-ish. 

Anything released before ca 2005 is retro (and "back in the day") for U20 goalies. 

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Agree with Bunny about the blocker.  A true retro Vaughn blocker should have the V at the top of the board or Vaughn across the bottom of the board, not a waffle board.

Here is a true, true Vaughn retro block from about 1985-ish:

7DCF2666-A77F-4C72-8A7E-85281BCA3C46.jpeg

But would they ever bring this one back?

5337B6B2-45BE-4D15-BA30-A4D09ED14B3D.jpeg

Archived