NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know no-one cares about euro goalies - especially in white! - but these must be the last Zero G / Pro Stock pads still being made (Leonardo Genoni - Swiss NLA)! He was in Gnetik 4's to start the season (last pic) but it would seem old habits die hard. Also has a weird thing going with the knee blocks - think his knee elastic only attaches to the inner cradle rather than through the block, which leaves the block flapping loose

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 15.40.05.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 15.40.36.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 15.39.34.png

1 hour ago, raucebyalien said:

I know no-one cares about euro goalies - especially in white! - but these must be the last Zero G / Pro Stock pads still being made (Leonardo Genoni - Swiss NLA)! He was in Gnetik 4's to start the season (last pic) but it would seem old habits die hard. Also has a weird thing going with the knee blocks - think his knee elastic only attaches to the inner cradle rather than through the block, which leaves the block flapping loose

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 15.40.05.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 15.40.36.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 15.39.34.png

I still don't understand how goalies can play with loose pads...especially a loose block like that

1 hour ago, motowngoalie said:

Bad screen grab, but Bernier's made the move to Lefebvre.

Screenshot_20200221-195525~2.png

That's a good looking set.  Not sure he needed a new set (in Wings colors anyway) with just over a month left and no postseason on the horizon.  Bernier has been about the only bright spot on the Wings this year, so I'm hoping they don't move him unless they get an unreasonably good offer.

On 2/19/2020 at 1:55 PM, cwarnar said:

Better look at Crow's Lefevre Set... Bye bye Bauer

image.png.be303e26a5af467490715bc0e525bb32.png

Watching Chicago vs Dalllas and Crawford’s Lefevre set looks very good (not.cosmetically  - white boot strap and the large Velcro calf step WTF where they thinking?

The outline of the pads look thinner that his CCM premiers he was wearing before I certainly wouldn’t hesitate to buy them.

11 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Tim Thomas is a god damn American hero

Screenshot_20200224-210927.thumb.png.0469d1b43ff47bb774c2aa62172e19f0.png

Dennis from Factory Mad told me some great stories about working with Tim. During their cup run in 11' he was making daily changes to his pads. Tim wanted an open knee cradle, and was overnighting his pads to Dennis, who would make the changes and overnight them back to him. From what Dennis said, this went on for weeks during the season.

Imagine working with that kind of gear budget... 😍    

The 70 grand year must of been the year he ran through various Itech / Reebok Xpulse / Brians Focus and probably a couple more sets - not to mention a variety of combinations of each set together 🤣

EDIT: just did an images search - season was 06/07, starts off in TPS gloves & unbranded Smith pads (few pairs different colours / graphics) -> then to Itech again in a few colour ways -> then adds Xpulse gloves -> then moves to Brians Thief pads w/ the Xpulse gloves!

Next season he started with V3 pads, Itech glove and one95 blocker, shifting to one95 pads and glove eventually too 

Archived