NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

Niemi at Jokerit camp - still in Canadiens mask and sticks:

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 17.05.39.png

Knowing Niemi kept the same mask with the Sharks for something like 3 seasons doesn't surprise me, and given his long usage of Pittsburgh gear while in both Florida and Montreal indicates he's the type of guy to run his gear into the ground.

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

Is it just me or does his blocker graphic look very weird... The lines aren't symmetrical at all

My guess would be a hasty Padskinz application to his Montreal gear.

1 hour ago, TitanG said:

My guess would be a hasty Padskinz application to his Montreal gear.

I thought that too, but look at the backhand of the glove.  I think its new gear, but that looks odd.  The red isn't straight either

17 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

I thought that too, but look at the backhand of the glove.  I think its new gear, but that looks odd.  The red isn't straight either

Also the Vaughn logo red looks a bit different than the stripe red, but that could just be because one is printed while the other is from the Jenpro supplier. Weird, maybe whoever cut it had a bad day?

On 7/26/2019 at 12:37 PM, cwarnar said:

Is it just me or does his blocker graphic look very weird... The lines aren't symmetrical at all

The blocker graphic always looked a little janky compared to the pad graphic.  With the angled piece at the top and that it starts from the bottom edge of the blocker instead of the side edge of the pad, it never quite looked the same.

There's also a weird quirk with that graphic on the glove where, depending on the model of glove (like custom builds of old models for pros), it either had the swoop shape or it was more straight.  I don't think that's the case here though.

46 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

The blocker graphic always looked a little janky compared to the pad graphic.  With the angled piece at the top and that it starts from the bottom edge of the blocker instead of the side edge of the pad, it never quite looked the same.

There's also a weird quirk with that graphic on the glove where, depending on the model of glove (like custom builds of old models for pros), it either had the swoop shape or it was more straight.  I don't think that's the case here though.

Plus his blocker has looked like since his stint in Pittsburgh.

usa_today_10360140.0.jpg

38 minutes ago, Md30 said:

Could his pads sit any higher?

exactly what I was thinking!  Why bother with maximum pad heights when they do shit like this.  I know this sounds awful, but every time I see someone with pads sitting this high, I WANT them to get nailed on the skate tongue with a shot.  Seriously, the boot break is at the middle of his shin!!!

1 hour ago, Hockeytown0001 said:

Markstrom

67618214_3121595207858610_76034511274718

50 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Those aren't markstroms pads. He moved into CCM last year. Those are a special edition for the Bauer true custom program made for the hockey shop in Surrey

Do you know if these are the same pads seen in The Hockey Shop a couple months ago? These seem much brighter and better in terms of printing. It would indicate that even in this short of time Bauer really improved their process. 

5 hours ago, TitanG said:

Do you know if these are the same pads seen in The Hockey Shop a couple months ago? These seem much brighter and better in terms of printing. It would indicate that even in this short of time Bauer really improved their process. 

It would be a lot easier to see if they showed the name embroidery. No. 5 Orange was a hilarious name to put on there. 

Though, they look identical to the set that's been in display for months and I wouldn't be surprised to see if they were the same set. 

I betcha the lighting does wonders. Because in person the black is kind of faded.

Archived