NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering if guys are sticking with Lefeve for now due to it being Canadian made and familiar and you might see more of a move back to CCM in the offseason.  I do think some guys are trying Lefeve for the first time to check out the 20.1 line, but I really doubt CCM is worrying too much yet.

13 hours ago, keeperton said:

Well, the blocker and pads are clearly sherwood branded.

We've seen that graphic before. These photos are about a year old—from the same photoshoot as the one discussed in this thread.

I'm not sure if they're re-launching a goalie line — my guess would be that they're just a prototype to be used in Sherwood photoshoots (though it's a bit odd to go to that effort if you're just promoting a player line). Not that a goalie line and a player line are mutually exclusive, but the language around the photo posted is clearly for a player line. I don't know think there's anything new to see here.

2 hours ago, stackem30 said:

Should've poked around a minute longer:

73333589_ScreenShot2020-03-11at11_59_41AM.png.803ce87cf873b4def666d74eaf89f8ca.png

Can confirm that is correct. I posted that setup a while and did some digging. Hear Canadian Tire, Sher-Wood's parent company, is looking to acquire another brand with a goalie following. They will then go full bore back into the NHL with gear.

4 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Holtby

Samsonov

Saros

Rinne

Subban

Smith

Bobrovsky

I wonder who will make the switch next. I feel like Holtby might stay with ccm

Price

Flower

Hellebyuck

Jones

This is an inevitable part of the break up. There's a whole business side of selling to teams that probably played the largest factor in their split up. This is not the case of CCM being a "greedy" large corporation. I would imagine most people assume that's it?

There are other factors at play here too with some of the switching.

1. NHL guys do NOT have access to Axis yet

2. There's a pandemic right now effect things being imported. Very easy to get a new set of gear from Canada right now

Please don't misinterpret this post, I think it's great to see Lefevre doing well. I am sure their product is fantastic. The optics on what we see with NHL goalies switching does not tell the full story here.

On 2/22/2020 at 8:49 PM, cwarnar said:

EBUG ALERT!!!  Mrazek and Reimer down in Toronto so David Ayres making his NHL in Kasimir Kaskisuo custom Brian's gear...

To all you collectors out there - Upper Deck will be issuing a Rookie card for David Ayres, could be worth a lot of money in 20 years ?

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching so much vintage hockey with my kids. They were laughing at all the raising the cup games from the early and mid 80s. Goalies were "terrible" and the players were so "wimpy and slow". Can't really argue with a kid looking at old stuff with today's eye. 

Told them your kids will be saying the same thing watching hockey from 2020.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Not sure if this counts as a sighting 

DCC34D59-2D17-4436-A6AA-A491BE1E3985.thumb.jpeg.7a9bbd352708b08809e3d4b0b399eee8.jpeg

They’re preds colors and they look Saros sized (plus the gold weave 😉)

I don't think that they would have logos if they were for an NHLer.

13 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Not sure if this counts as a sighting 

DCC34D59-2D17-4436-A6AA-A491BE1E3985.thumb.jpeg.7a9bbd352708b08809e3d4b0b399eee8.jpeg

They’re preds colors and they look Saros sized (plus the gold weave 😉)

The pads owner is a beer league guys from montreal 

my friend receive is set 2 day before all ice close he has time to play one time , when ice coming back I could test his gear , I will try to resume my experience to you with my bad English hehe 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived