NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/22/2020 at 6:59 PM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Bauer out with a new low level set of gear: GSX

It supposedly is similar to Brian’s Netzero and you can get color kits to change the sock design colors

8B7D1795-144F-4DC8-9548-54865372D3C6.jpeg

D9B0202A-F6CB-4319-8ADD-C182D3D25264.jpeg

B969E13B-797A-49C9-87CB-BB2037A7F533.jpeg

They dont look half bad! I like the shape and angle of that glove. I think its a cool idea that companies do this even though it is a lil cash grabbie, makes it easy on beer leaguers who switch teams all the time LOL

10 hours ago, Smeds35 said:

They dont look half bad! I like the shape and angle of that glove. I think its a cool idea that companies do this even though it is a lil cash grabbie, makes it easy on beer leaguers who switch teams all the time LOL

Looks to be priced on par with the old S27 and X2.7 gear. I'm sure the INT variant of this is more than fine for kids growing up, especially with the inclusion of the arts&crafts aspect.

I'd recommend any beer leaguer to steer away from it though. Unless you're super limited in your playing and don't need the protection/quality.

1 hour ago, cuprajake said:

Intermediate gear has come along way 

The bauer 3s int were very nice, stiff but nice 

I had 2 bad int sets from warrior in the g5 though. And went very soft after only a few handfuls of bends

The G5 set is the first time I did custom and it’s sad that you had that experience. Even getting used or SR gear from Warrior hasn’t let me down. I hope that gets resolved for you. 

20 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Just wondering why you get intermediate goalies who face shots that aren’t that hard would need pro level gear? Is this just a way for Brian’s to upcharge people for “pro” level gear? 

I was wondering that as well. I know some guys my age are much shorter but they still don’t see hard enough shots to justify pro gear besides a glove 

Just wondering why you get intermediate goalies who face shots that aren’t that hard would need pro level gear? Is this just a way for Brian’s to upcharge people for “pro” level gear? 

There's two factors here:

1. Some Adults, mostly women, but even some men, don't have legs long enough that fit the Senior sizing of pads.

For an example. I'm 5'10" but I have short enough legs that the only CCM pads that would fit me correctly would be 32's. That's an INT size.

2. Some kids do play high level for their age and are on the ice a lot. Prop pads do come with an increase in durability that will help the pads last longer over the period of a grueling season.

40 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

There's two factors here:

1. Some Adults, mostly women, but even some men, don't have legs long enough that fit the Senior sizing of pads.

For an example. I'm 5'10" but I have short enough legs that the only CCM pads that would fit me correctly would be 32's. That's an INT size.

2. Some kids do play high level for their age and are on the ice a lot. Prop pads do come with an increase in durability that will help the pads last longer over the period of a grueling season.

I thought about the adults using int. gear. As for kids being on the ice a lot I suppose you could buy the one size to big. I dont have any experience with kids in hockey but I thought with the way they grow you would need new gear yearly or so. 

I thought about the adults using int. gear. As for kids being on the ice a lot I suppose you could buy the one size to big. I dont have any experience with kids in hockey but I thought with the way they grow you would need new gear yearly or so. 

Depends on the kids age, skill level, growing patterns, etc.

Luckily I won't need to think too much about it as any kids I have aren't becoming a fucking goalie. :rofl:

15 hours ago, cuprajake said:

Intermediate gear has come along way 

The bauer 3s int were very nice, stiff but nice 

I had 2 bad int sets from warrior in the g5 though. And went very soft after only a few handfuls of bends

If I'm going to credit one company with putting out incredible intermediate gear for as long as I can remember, it's Vaughn. I still have my set of 29" V1s and used Visions before that. They were nearly identical to the senior pro pad, but smaller.

6 hours ago, cuprajake said:

you know you get short adults too......

Are you wearing a 30" pad? I'm in 32" and still get senior gear.

I think Rittich is wearing new Lefevre gear. L20.1's, looks like. Interesting, because he was in a CCM Eflex 4 before the stoppage. Maybe figured he might as well try a different style of pad since he's been off the ice for so long? (still got leather straps and lace toe ties, though)

Eb9JAq2VAAI9dXk?format=jpg&name=4096x409

2 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

I think Rittich is wearing new Lefevre gear. L20.1's, looks like. Interesting, because he was in a CCM Eflex 4 before the stoppage. Maybe figured he might as well try a different style of pad since he's been off the ice for so long? (still got leather straps and lace toe ties, though)

Eb9JAq2VAAI9dXk?format=jpg&name=4096x409

He's been in ultrasonics for weeks before busting these out too. 

Archived