NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

Had to dig the video up and see. Wasn't able to spot it from video about the inside. But on the outside of skate shows up that it really is boot strap. Kind of a obstrusive detach point on the inside as it is. 

What's more is how tight that strap is and no elastic. Keeps the pad high up and close to shin. Maybe the far forward connection is for slack and swing for strap to be that tight.

True skates? No cowlings and lace toetie... The pros use these then why don't we amateurs, we go for elastics... 😁

Screenshot_20200723_094900.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

Had to dig the video up and see. Wasn't able to spot it from video about the inside. But on the outside of skate shows up that it really is boot strap. Kind of a obstrusive detach point on the inside as it is. 

What's more is how tight that strap is and no elastic. Keeps the pad high up and close to shin. Maybe the far forward connection is for slack and swing for strap to be that tight.

True skates? No cowlings and lace toetie... The pros use these then why don't we amateurs, we go for elastics... 😁

As I understand it, pro goalies are typically reticent to try new things. Odds are, that's how Saros strapped his pads growing up.

Look at NHL goalies in five/ten years, we'll probably see lots more elastic toe ties/straps.

4 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

Pros are bad for hording old stuff cause they dont have time to try nothin new. Some of them still use those old cowlings that you cant replace the blades not cause there better but thats what they know. Lanny McDonald still wears that old ugly northland helmet when he plays alumni games ofcourse he still has that gigantic mustache too.

13 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

As I understand it, pro goalies are typically reticent to try new things. Odds are, that's how Saros strapped his pads growing up.

Look at NHL goalies in five/ten years, we'll probably see lots more elastic toe ties/straps.

And cowling free skates too. I can’t believe how many NHL goalies are still putting cowls on there skates at retail you cant find none with cowls in the pros about half are still wearing cowls. Havent seen Bobs lately is he still wearing that crazy swiss cowl?Even if it looks like the days of cowls are over i can see some niche cowling maker making them cause the holders are pretty high up and some guys dont like them.  Either that or the holders get chopped down half an inch.

22 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I agree. Vaughn generally does NOT re-skin within the first 24 months. I am guessing it's a softer break SLR2. If anyone else, it's a custom softer break SLR1 with SLR2 skin

Probably. I went to goalie monkey and you can order slr’s with 1 or two external breaks just like velocity

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Spoiler alert. CCM will release new product in 2021... probably 2022 too!

I'm really wanting to see some Gentik Vs coming through here. Got plenty of Bstar goalies in the play-in right now.

I'm also super interested to see what the EF5 pads change aside from strapping updates. I think it'd be pretty cool if they made them consumer customizable regarding the knee rolls.

13 hours ago, keeperton said:

I'm really wanting to see some Gentik Vs coming through here. Got plenty of Bstar goalies in the play-in right now.

I'm also super interested to see what the EF5 pads change aside from strapping updates. I think it'd be pretty cool if they made them consumer customizable regarding the knee rolls.

Although CCM is clearly right on schedule to release 2021 product, haha, I wouldn't be surprised if some other brands skip a release. Covid is wreaking havoc on the gear industry.

9 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Although CCM is clearly right on schedule to release 2021 product, haha, I wouldn't be surprised if some other brands skip a release. Covid is wreaking havoc on the gear industry.

Yeah, that would make complete sense.

Archived