NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/30/2020 at 1:00 PM, mr_shifty1982 said:

Better look at Andersens custom skate with cowling. 

Screenshot_20200730-125652_Instagram.jpg

Knit, yes, but those are not the Leafs' current socks.  Probable practice-associated uniform deviation.  Andersen has not played an NHL game in those socks.

1 hour ago, Hockeygoalie111 said:

Watching the Isles vs Panthers.  Noticed Varlamov wears his dangler high.  Almost to the point where it serves no purpose.  You'd think he'd want it lower or not wear at all...

image.png.c997dfae893aa58892ebd96f3621eba4.png

Nah, he just wants to keep puck marks off his mask.

On 8/4/2020 at 10:23 AM, Hockeygoalie111 said:

Watching the Isles vs Panthers.  Noticed Varlamov wears his dangler high.  Almost to the point where it serves no purpose.  You'd think he'd want it lower or not wear at all...

image.png.c997dfae893aa58892ebd96f3621eba4.png

Note how Raanta wears his too. I started doing this with a neckguard and found it works great, frankly. It blocks pucks from my neck and keeps it almost entirely out of my field of view (especially pulling the side to the ear holes). The use of skate lace helps dampen the rattling sound well too.

ca228510-341c-11ea-bffd-5f252083478a

On 8/6/2020 at 8:09 PM, keeperton said:

Note how Raanta wears his too. I started doing this with a neckguard and found it works great, frankly. It blocks pucks from my neck and keeps it almost entirely out of my field of view (especially pulling the side to the ear holes). The use of skate lace helps dampen the rattling sound well too.

ca228510-341c-11ea-bffd-5f252083478a

This is how I wear mine too (slighty lower) with skate lace, and I find it works very well. 

1 hour ago, AG37 said:

116789677_326882771826187_46546360142833

Yes this is real. Wearing the new Axis mask as well.

Clearly he’s copying me by going Brian’s for gloves and pads. 😁

Needless to say, for a Habs/Price/Brian’s fan, this is very exciting. And the colours!!! At long last! I hope this is an actual (or at least eventual) move to Brian’s. Would love to see him in this set against Philly (even though I fully expect that I have 4-5 games left to watch this playoffs despite Price’s heroics - lol!)

54 minutes ago, raucebyalien said:

Given his testing of Lefebvre and now Brians, I wonder if his CCM contract is up at the end of this season 🤔

It'd be highly unusual for him to switch brands on the eve of the playoffs

The larger goalie centric IG accounts are all claiming it's coming up to it's end after this season.

Maybe the contract is ending, but also.. does it really matter? Like I wonder how much money these goalies actually make off the sponsor deals.  With their salaries, I would think that the sponsor money is more like a nice little extra for wearing the gear they feel comfortable in... IMO it would also be weird if they couldn't get out of the contract until it ends. I just don't get the hype around "but he is under contract with xx brand!" 

But it is fun the see goalies changing brands after wearing one type of gear for a long time.. guess that is what this thread is for too :D 

In smaller leagues like here in Finland teams make contracts with certain brand and that ties the goalies selection too. Few years ago we had a local team changing from Warrior to Bauer. Goalie didn't like the Bauer offerings so he took his Warrior pads to VVerstas and got his pads dressed with Bauer overalls 😁 Got what he wanted and played very well.

5 hours ago, saitagoalie said:

Maybe the contract is ending, but also.. does it really matter? Like I wonder how much money these goalies actually make off the sponsor deals.  With their salaries, I would think that the sponsor money is more like a nice little extra for wearing the gear they feel comfortable in... IMO it would also be weird if they couldn't get out of the contract until it ends. I just don't get the hype around "but he is under contract with xx brand!" 

But it is fun the see goalies changing brands after wearing one type of gear for a long time.. guess that is what this thread is for too :D 

It isn't much. In the day people told stories of no money for using certain brands... but decent gift cards.

Remember too that the teams buy the gear for the players. They all have limits on how much per player. Sometimes just free gear is enough for a player to wear it.  

Archived