NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

9 hours ago, keeperton said:

If that's what the final looks like I like the amount of color zones and how the texture comes through.

Would love to see what ends up being different. I'd guess stabilislide will become a staple of all future lines until it's determined it's not ideal or some there's something else that could/should be used.

Personally I’m hoping they don’t put the new knee block on these. Don’t get me wrong it’s incredible it’s just not for everyone. I have a feeling some guys who are buying vapor expect a pad that doesn’t feel as boxy as supreme does and the knee block multiplies the boxiness by huge amounts. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Personally I’m hoping they don’t put the new knee block on these. Don’t get me wrong it’s incredible it’s just not for everyone. I have a feeling some guys who are buying vapor expect a pad that doesn’t feel as boxy as supreme does and the knee block multiplies the boxiness by huge amounts. 

Betcha they do. Post Od1n Bauer pads are all boxy. Since the 2X abandoned the lower hand placement on the blocker and the 3S adopted the Vapour strapping system, the only real differences are boot flex and the catch angle on the glove. 

Would not be surprised to see the stabilislide carry over. 

Has anyone tried out the Ultrasonic leg pads on ice? I'm really interested/curious in the impact/performance of the stabilislide knee block. Is this something that'll be "revolutionary" or something that'll end up like a gimmick like the magnetic buckles on the VE8? Thanks in advance for opinions. 

12 hours ago, BCZ said:

Has anyone tried out the Ultrasonic leg pads on ice? I'm really interested/curious in the impact/performance of the stabilislide knee block. Is this something that'll be "revolutionary" or something that'll end up like a gimmick like the magnetic buckles on the VE8? Thanks in advance for opinions. 

To be (un)fair -

You know Vaughn has run out of ways to milk the Velocity line when their biggest innovation to the pad was (A) to put magnetic buckles and (B) to produce a stitch for stitch copy of a CCM 590 break. 

The buckles would never stay in place while playing, and I've seen a few examples of them popping out and disappearing while on a retailer's show room.

9 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

To be (un)fair -

You know Vaughn has run out of ways to milk the Velocity line when their biggest innovation to the pad was (A) to put magnetic buckles and (B) to produce a stitch for stitch copy of a CCM 590 break. 

The buckles would never stay in place while playing, and I've seen a few examples of them popping out and disappearing while on a retailer's show room.

When I hear 'magnetic buckling'... this is what we need:

Iron Man 3 - Mark 42 Suit Up Scene - Movie CLIP HD GIF | Gfycat

41 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

I found that place to be stupid a lot of the time. So...anyway I don't get .

It used to be a running joke of, "did you hear Tommy Salo got traded?" It's basically, "old news/deja vu."

If I recall, anyway. It's been a long time since my GSBB days.

On 8/27/2020 at 7:57 AM, BCZ said:

There is a thread devoted to Ultra Sonics...

Ok, so I can't do NHL sitings with the postponements, but heres some KHL training camp sitings that people might appreciate!

- Julias Hudacek (Spartak Moscow) in the Lefebvre 4.1s

- Dimitri Shugayev...I think... (Severstal Cherepovets) in the Axis

- Ilya Ezhov (Vityas) in the heavily customised Brians 

- Jan Kovar (Avtomobilist) in the Optik 2's w/G-netik graphic

118183017_10157144197411244_7367719498015331794_o.jpg

118475083_10157155158341244_763143452380442099_o.jpg

118234997_3537292276304519_8124866437879429202_o.jpg

118387689_1872712286212258_4943841924813045608_o.jpg

118394154_1872710889545731_807624484599212761_o.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 12.30.51.png

Good spot - I initially thought it was a Miklin with a new logo / graphic set up too. He's normally in a Vaughn blocker, so I'm guessing its a ventus clone. 

He actually had a really nice set of Optik 2's made last year when the CCM / Lefevre split was happening, don't think they ever saw game action though 

Archived