NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

I think he rocks full Hertiage?

image.thumb.png.2cd1af629d92bc088b11c591c8c27893.png

He's always been in an Optik glove. Believe his latest setup was Gen blocker, Optik glove, Heritage pads. Taking the best piece from every line imo. 

Also, look at the shape of the glove, specifically in the third pic on the Insta post. Very Optik-like on the fingers considering how flat they are.

image.thumb.png.756162add02391edb53a12a60ad1fc1f.png

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

God, Delia could learn a thing or two from Lehner when it comes to style.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of this set

True... and I think it would have been nice to include some of the other feathers (colors.) But... he also had a pretty good year last year and while it's a new graphic.. maybe he didn't want to change up TOO much from last year... keep those good vibes going...

2019-08-13_14-17-42.thumb.jpg.ff3510c7559eb82ca7d7d05bf124bf69.jpg

4 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

True... and I think it would have been nice to include some of the other feathers (colors.) But... he also had a pretty good year last year and while it's a new graphic.. maybe he didn't want to change up TOO much from last year... keep those good vibes going...

2019-08-13_14-17-42.thumb.jpg.ff3510c7559eb82ca7d7d05bf124bf69.jpg

Seeing those new pads next to his old ones, it looks like he had them designed to be a loose mimic. I appreciate the idea, even if I don't particularly like how the design turned out.

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Talbot buying FT2 at retail?

0DDEE7A9-C212-4DA6-846E-21EEBA901159.jpeg

Does each team have their own skate oven, and would players be able to access it in the offseason if they do? Maybe he got custom ones delivered to the store and had them do the final baking there, so he can test them out over the summer.

56 minutes ago, Teezle said:

Does each team have their own skate oven, and would players be able to access it in the offseason if they do? Maybe he got custom ones delivered to the store and had them do the final baking there, so he can test them out over the summer.

I'm sure every team has at least one skate oven, they're only $1,000.

I can't think of a reason why players wouldn't have access to these materials in the off season. But who knows.

15 hours ago, seagoal said:

I think I saw in the Instagram comments that he's in a shop in Calgary.

He's inside a ProHockeyLife at that... so a big box store buying skates. 
Wonder if it's off the shelf or just custom skates he just needed to get it baked a bit more. 

RE: Talbot's skates

When I worked at GM, Giguere came in once during the season to buy some knee pads (the old gray RBK ones).

I remember someone charged him for it and the department manager flipped his shit, saying that we could have directly billed Reebok for it so Giggy would not have any out of pocket expense.

Of course, this was over 10 years ago and things may have changed.

Archived