NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

RE: Talbot's skates

When I worked at GM, Giguere came in once during the season to buy some knee pads (the old gray RBK ones).

I remember someone charged him for it and the department manager flipped his shit, saying that we could have directly billed Reebok for it so Giggy would not have any out of pocket expense.

Of course, this was over 10 years ago and things may have changed.

All this for someone who gets free gear and gets payed for playing hockey.

11 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Rubberband Man.  Looking good with a throwback graphic and a not-yet-painted-by-DaveArt-Sportmask

image.png.ccd44565863aa6dc6a6713692ab65410.png

I wonder if he's making the graphic and mask artist change all at once because he hasn't played so well in the last couple seasons and wants to change things up? I don't know specifically about Quick, but as we know many goalies are superstitious beyond reason.

4 hours ago, TitanG said:

I wonder if he's making the graphic and mask artist change all at once because he hasn't played so well in the last couple seasons and wants to change things up? I don't know specifically about Quick, but as we know many goalies are superstitious beyond reason.

He played pretty great in the 2017-2018 season though. Did great in the playoffs against VGK.

8 hours ago, seagoal said:

Rubberband Man.  Looking good with a throwback graphic and a not-yet-painted-by-DaveArt-Sportmask

image.png.ccd44565863aa6dc6a6713692ab65410.png

EDIT: Looks like a Vaughn/PC mask, not a Sportmask.

Saw someone make a note of the bindingless blocker as well. All of that aside though this is probably Vaughn’s best stock graphic, I’m glad it’s being used again

Info on Quick in Pro’s Choice 

From Todd Brown who used to run goalie at Bauer:

I pursued Quick in the Bauer days when I contracted Dom Malerba to make BAUER masks before we purchased Itech. Dom is a very good friend of mine and I know he has never given-up on Quick. I also spoke to Dom today about chin cups for my daughters mask and he confirmed that I was right and that Quick was using his mask
Quick should have been a slam dunk long ago for Vaughn.

All the leg work Dom and I put into him when Dom worked with Bauer was so close. Quick like most goalies was comfortable and complacent in his Sportmask. 

24 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I pursued Quick in the Bauer days when I contracted Dom Malerba to make BAUER masks before we purchased Itech. Dom is a very good friend of mine and I know he has never given-up on Quick. I also spoke to Dom today about chin cups for my daughters mask and he confirmed that I was right and that Quick was using his mask

All the leg work Dom and I put into him when Dom worked with Bauer was so close. Quick like most goalies was comfortable and complacent in his Sportmask. 

Nice, very interesting.   

Thanks for sharing. 

1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Saw someone make a note of the bindingless blocker as well. All of that aside though this is probably Vaughn’s best stock graphic, I’m glad it’s being used again

Ah, I didn't even notice that. 

He has used blockers with binding over the years, even with recent versions 

Screenshot_20190816-221219_Google.jpg

19 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I wonder why the change now though? Dom made masks for both Quick and Ward back in maybe 2013 that looked like they were heavily inspired by the Sportmask design (similar to what Dom did for Anderson's first Pro's Choice after Dillon stopped making them) and both were at the time longtime Vaughn users. I'd like to see the mask up close to see how similar the design is.

8 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Any confirmation that Quick is demo-ing the Vaughn masks or actually switching?

One of my contacts on the Sportmask side said that DaveArt has his mask.  Doesn’t really confirm either way and I’m guessing we won’t know til the season starts. 

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Maybe the 3s will actually have a good customizer and it won’t be all white

Yeah I liked the 2S, but maybe now that True Design is out we'll see more control of the colour zones like with the 2X. Then even if the base graphic still has lots of whitespace you can make that dark based

Archived