NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

On 8/19/2019 at 8:35 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

I wouldn't buy that. Look how many goals he let in and look how much time is left in the game. Unbelievable.

Judging by the picture, the new Bauer line is being recalled for mechanical malfunction. 

It sets goalies on fire

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/16/2019 at 8:16 AM, Chenner29 said:

RE: Talbot's skates

When I worked at GM, Giguere came in once during the season to buy some knee pads (the old gray RBK ones).

I remember someone charged him for it and the department manager flipped his shit, saying that we could have directly billed Reebok for it so Giggy would not have any out of pocket expense.

Of course, this was over 10 years ago and things may have changed.

I remember that LOL. He came in during the lockout and bought a bunch of stuff then too, but IIRC he had to pay for it since the players were locked out from the team. 

42 minutes ago, raucebyalien said:

Ilya Ezhov (Vityaz - KHL) new Gnetik 4 set up:

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 12.13.19.png

I love me some Gnetik 4s (only about 6-7 more weeks until I get mine!)

...but if I'm being honest, I'm not thrilled by these. It might be the over-use of the silver/grey, which seems to be a very small accent colour in the logo, and nowhere else on the uniform. Maybe if the inverted triangle was red, and the outline stripe was silver/grey it woudl look better...?

2 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

...but if I'm being honest, I'm not thrilled by these. It might be the over-use of the silver/grey, which seems to be a very small accent colour in the logo, and nowhere else on the uniform. Maybe if the inverted triangle was red, and the outline stripe was silver/grey it woudl look better...?

Nah, I think it works nicely. Though, if their other jerseys are red, I think it'll work less.

2 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Maybe that is new retro theme after couple of years 😉

1159f63b6baafea037c9b21abd442c20--patric

mikael-tellqvist-of-the-toronto-maple-le

^^ I think those army pads would look better with the black Vaughn logos - that way they'd look less busy

3 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I was never a massive fan of this (I guess its technically a Lack) graphic, but I think it looks pretty sharp here, although I wondered whether he got the silver chevrons to match the Bauer sticks 🤔 . Guy has had some pretty nice custom graphics over the last few seasons:

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 13.20.28.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 13.35.49.png

10 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I think your Vaughn bias is showing - LOL!

Not my jam; too much letterage.

Haha, perhaps. 

I am mostly drawn to the color combination and the boldness and simplicity of the fonts, design, etc.  It looks very fitting for a military school.   I could do without the words WEST POINT at the bottom, but all in all I like it as much as I can like the logo-on-gloves and logo-split-in-half-on-pads look, which generally doesn't do it for me.

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Haha, perhaps. 

I am mostly drawn to the color combination and the boldness and simplicity of the fonts, design, etc.  It looks very fitting for a military school.   I could do without the words WEST POINT at the bottom, but all in all I like it as much as I can like the logo-on-gloves and logo-split-in-half-on-pads look, which generally doesn't do it for me.

Fair enough. I also like the colour combination - but that kinda makes it feel like a more egregious missed oportunity for a slick(er) design (i.e. watsed the cool colour scheme)

10 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Agreed on the text... I mean the giant A and the Black Knights embroidered logo at the top are a pretty good tell that this set is for a West Pointer... but good looking set none the less. Also I find it interesting how they worked the split logo on the flat-ish knee rolls. From what I can recall most split logos are kept down below the rolls... both for aesthetics and ease of build on a pad with knee rolls.

3 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Agreed on the text... I mean the giant A and the Black Knights embroidered logo at the top are a pretty good tell that this set is for a West Pointer... but good looking set none the less. Also I find it interesting how they worked the split logo on the flat-ish knee rolls. From what I can recall most split logos are kept down below the rolls... both for aesthetics and ease of build on a pad with knee rolls.

Ah, yeah good catch on the knee rolls.  It was just a sizing plus choreography decision, I'm sure. 

Brian's mostly does this and they would have it on the shins, for sure.

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

They seem to suggest on the comments on Instagram this is stock . 

They said they'd be revealing new colorways soon. All that white can be broken up I bet.

Meh.  Underwhelmed.  Feel like the Gnetik4 and now the Optik2 are a little too tribal looking.  I'll wait and see exactly how this latest can be broken down.

Archived