2020-2021 NHL Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

14 hours ago, MTH said:

Tom Draper did it better:

Ranking the Greatest Masks in Sabres History – Two in the Box

Art School Matt Here...

The thing with the current masks is the fear of hard transitions between colors. The artists wash the edges too much with the use of lighter colors to blend the edge. These artists need to be more bold and not fear a hard transition. It's a mask, not a Bob Ross landscape.

although i’d usually agree with you, i actually like hutton’s mask. he’s had some good ones with buffalo. 

On 12/22/2020 at 2:40 PM, Nohtaram said:

You can still find simpler designs from time to time. The 'fancy made up technical terms' as Tubby described may be ridiculous but the amount of details he put on his mask and how sharp those graphics are is just mind blowing.

I mean, at what point is it adding details for the sake of adding details. Take for instance this mask. Did he really need to shoehorn in all the little flames C' logos and the "Calgary Flames" into the stripe? Nevermind his 3D paint tech, hologram FX, Atmos Metalic FX, Holospehere FX, Glow Tech FX, XXFX GLitter FX and so on.

Its a great mask, that didnt need the extra logos hidden all over the mask, or the gimmicks associated with the names. I mean, for christ sake, what ever happened to Candy Paint and Glow in the dark.

130305952_10158900819014819_353194605461

On 12/28/2020 at 6:26 PM, FriarGoalie35 said:

Cal Petersen’s Reverse Retro mask (per his Twitter)

70276321-CC24-4085-892E-F033038F4D70.jpeg

Is it just me, or is his mask reminesant of Jaime Storr, I feel like this is a Kings Tribute mask with a bit of Roy injected in it (the CAL is like ROY's Montreal Mask)

gettyimages-261379-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.9

15 hours ago, tubby34 said:

I mean, at what point is it adding details for the sake of adding details. Take for instance this mask. Did he really need to shoehorn in all the little flames C' logos and the "Calgary Flames" into the stripe? Nevermind his 3D paint tech, hologram FX, Atmos Metalic FX, Holospehere FX, Glow Tech FX, XXFX GLitter FX and so on.

Its a great mask, that didnt need the extra logos hidden all over the mask, or the gimmicks associated with the names. I mean, for christ sake, what ever happened to Candy Paint and Glow in the dark.

130305952_10158900819014819_353194605461

Different points of view. I love things like that on his masks. It gives simple design overall but it adds depth upclose and makes it more interesting. 

For me Dave's masks looks way better than Hutton mask mentioned here which looks like kids drawing.

And I want to make a strong statement that it is only my opinion and what's I like or dislike.

1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

quite the goldmine for true/lefevre setups lately. here’s Durny’s. Swing and a miss on the glove imo. gold binding looks ugly next to the white, and also just found Gibson with a new glove and pads

87CBF816-B4EE-4C43-8607-EFD954749EDE.jpeg

08BB57D0-481F-40DA-ADEC-4BFF8B60891A.jpeg

Are we finally going to get Gibby in new gear?! Thank god lol

• Like 1

Some shots of the new Hyperlite line with what appears to be standard graphics 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJgqqzMg2L3/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJbwgrEA6Qr/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Couple of cool looking Reactor 5 retro sets

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJcFfRkASkc/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Edited by Snowman30
  • Like 1

I know its early in the season, but with a lot of True / Lefevre being seen in training camps and not so much Axis / EF5 I've been wondering if CCM's management started regretting ditching Lefevre... Maybe this is now the point - Price in True with a Warrior stick: (via TSN's John Lu)

Eq5iZFhXUAIlJki.jpeg

• Like 2

On 1/2/2021 at 11:46 PM, Snowman30 said:

Just now, Jim sidwell said:

I have seen the new Bauer hyperlite goalie gear . Pads, gloves and chest/arms are awesome. They may look the same in pictures you have seen but there are changes for the better . Bauer has done a excellent job on the new line up. Fyi I only saw the high end line cannot comment on senior ,intermediate or junior.