2020-2021 NHL Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

1 hour ago, FriarGoalie35 said:

Been a brutal season to watch. Last couple games Gibby played I thought he was going to absolutely lose it.

Pretty sure the Ducks have scored close to 10 goals on their own goalies this year lol

Didn't like the fact he kept Miller in for over 6 goals. It clearly wasn't his night. Dude is a bum of a coach and so is our gm.

As much as I don't blame Gibson for being frustrated, it almost like he looks like he couldn't give less of a shit, he's had a lot of stretches where he's been like that, and I'm not a fan.. or he's been dealing with an undisclosed injury, seeing as he just got put on DTD.

• Like 1

Noticed something in the Habs-Jets game Wednesday. I think Price was wearing True skates (which of course goes with the gloves and pads, so plausible).

For reference, his usual (CCM?) Graf cowling skates in Monday’s game:

image.png.cc4485938283a8806edd5e91d92565bb.png

And then in Wednesday’s game:

image.png.caff96b4b362a596d4c1e243f3681623.png

Or the best pics, but good enough to notice white/cowling to black/cowlingless 

EDIT: Just found GGN posted about this (though did not at that point know he’d wear them in the game). Apparently he was wearing a True boot inside the cowling:

Edited by Lucky Pucker
Discovered that I was scooped by a professional goalie nerd. Back to my day job...
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Didn't like the fact he kept Miller in for over 6 goals. It clearly wasn't his night. Dude is a bum of a coach and so is our gm.

As much as I don't blame Gibson for being frustrated, it almost like he looks like he couldn't give less of a shit, he's had a lot of stretches where he's been like that, and I'm not a fan.. or he's been dealing with an undisclosed injury, seeing as he just got put on DTD.

I don't know about you... but I never liked getting pulled. Some days it was me and I was hurting the team... other nights it was a complete lack of help. Either way I was always anxious to get that next shot and stop it. A coach sometimes leaves a guy in because he knows his compete level is there and what's going in isn't on him... or he has confidence in him to pull himself out. But in a shortened season like this... every game matters.

Also... on Gibson... and I can't say I've seen too many of his games... but it's a fine line to walk sometimes. You have to be mentally strong enough to shake off a goal (even a bad one)... stay even keeled. Process the play... think about what you could maybe have done differently... then move on. But when you do the same thing and your team just isn't winning... you get some people saying that it looks like you don't care. Maybe he's missing a bit of the spring in his step that he has when he's on fire... and you may be 100% right that he was just battling through some sort of strain that has now landed him on DTD status. Just not sure it's fair to say he looks like he doesn't care.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Noticed something in the Habs-Jets game Wednesday. I think Price was wearing True skates (which of course goes with the gloves and pads, so plausible).

EDIT: Just found GGN posted about this (though did not at that point know he’d wear them in the game). Apparently he was wearing a True boot inside the cowling:

I did the same thing lolll. This would be his second try at True skates, the first time being with the 2 piece model. lets see how long it will last.

27 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I don't know about you... but I never liked getting pulled. Some days it was me and I was hurting the team... other nights it was a complete lack of help. Either way I was always anxious to get that next shot and stop it. A coach sometimes leaves a guy in because he knows his compete level is there and what's going in isn't on him... or he has confidence in him to pull himself out. But in a shortened season like this... every game matters.

Also... on Gibson... and I can't say I've seen too many of his games... but it's a fine line to walk sometimes. You have to be mentally strong enough to shake off a goal (even a bad one)... stay even keeled. Process the play... think about what you could maybe have done differently... then move on. But when you do the same thing and your team just isn't winning... you get some people saying that it looks like you don't care. Maybe he's missing a bit of the spring in his step that he has when he's on fire... and you may be 100% right that he was just battling through some sort of strain that has now landed him on DTD status. Just not sure it's fair to say he looks like he doesn't care.

Sometimes the goalie isn't pulled as to not break his confidence (ironic as that might sound), especially if a veteran. Some goalies are of the sensitive type and they might read it as a personal critique rather than for the good of the team.

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Sometimes the goalie isn't pulled as to not break his confidence (ironic as that might sound), especially if a veteran. Some goalies are of the sensitive type and they might read it as a personal critique rather than for the good of the team.

100%. Just like when Tremblay left Roy in for longer than usual. HA

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

100%. Just like when Tremblay left Roy in for longer than usual. HA

I actually was watching that fateful game live on the small 13” upstairs set at my folks. Also a Wings fan, it was win-win for me at first, but then It got ugly. I’ve been at both the Forum and the Bell Center when the fans are hating on a player, and it can make you shake, and want to crawl under the building - and that’s as a fan who is NOT the target of the vitriol! So yeah, I’ll never forgive Tremblay for that. Insider reports indicate that he doesn’t give a shit if I forgive him or not, but I feel better! LOL!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I actually was watching that fateful game live on the small 13” upstairs set at my folks. Also a Wings fan, it was win-win for me at first, but then It got ugly. I’ve been at both the Forum and the Bell Center when the fans are hating on a player, and it can make you shake, and want to crawl under the building - and that’s as a fan who is NOT the target of the vitriol! So yeah, I’ll never forgive Tremblay for that. Insider reports indicate that he doesn’t give a shit if I forgive him or not, but I feel better! LOL!

Not too soon at all.  Screw Patrick!  I'm also a Wings fan and I couldn't be prouder that my team had his number and that two of our goalies kicked the tar out of him.

Edit:  I didn't mean that to sound quite a vicious as it did.   I don't lack respect for the man or his career achievements, I just know he didn't give a rip about anyone but his own team so I don't give a rip about him getting torched.  And of course, once he was in Colorado he was the mortal enemy. 

Terrible picture, but a sweet memory:

image.png.f43b560c10b40d19092a99e2a788ed91.png

image.png.da5cefed1a096afea5734f49ed62c5e7.png

image.png.e8c37e1cd9cbc930d6f62ab497bf8cf5.png

Roy-Hotdogging-GIF-2.gif.12052b03f6b11a33548c0acb92ec7b19.gif

Edited by Puckstopper
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Not too soon at all.  Screw Patrick!  I'm also a Wings fan and I couldn't be prouder that my team had his number and that two of our goalies kicked the tar out of him.

Ah - but for me, I’m a Habs fan first, and was a huge Roy fan at that point. An even bigger Yzerman fan... but as this is a goalie thing, I digress...

That passionate “fanship”waned when he went to Colorado, and I was strangely tickled to see him have his ass handed to him in goalie fighting though! LOL!

But damn, Yzerman... my all time favourite player. And while I’m a happily married straight man, my wife knows there’s a chance I would leave her for him.

EDIT: of course “too soon” was meant sarcastically, and I recognize how much his ego and self interest got in his own way. It’s much easier and convenient to hate on Tremblay, but if we’re being honest, Roy mostly did that to himself.

All good stuff @Puckstopper! 👍🏼

Edited by Lucky Pucker
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

As for Miller.. it was clear he wasn’t having his best game against a great avalanche team with his team doing little to none to bail him out. He looked broken by the end of it. I wouldn’t like getting pulled either but at that point your confidence is shot, and often times you don’t play any better than before. Not something you wanna do do a veteran goalie... I’m sure he’s been pulled before, but why leave a goalie in at that point? I can’t speak for him but i’d already be feeling kinda down. after the 6th goal i’ve lost a lot of my confidence at that moment, even when my team isn’t playing well. 

And as for Gibson, I don’t think he doesn’t care whatsoever. He definitely does, I just sometimes question his mindset. Yes, he plays on an awful team, I get it, but this isn’t the first time he’s gone through a stretch of bad games like this... and him getting hurt is a yearly thing at this point. He may as well have been battling an injury before being put on DTD. I’m not surprised by him getting hurt anymore. 

Edited by southpawtendy48

3 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

As for Miller.. it was clear he wasn’t having his best game against a great avalanche team with his team doing little to none to bail him out. He looked broken by the end of it. I wouldn’t like getting pulled either but at that point your confidence is shot, and often times you don’t play any better than before. Not something you wanna do do a veteran goalie... I’m sure he’s been pulled before, but why leave a goalie in at that point? I can’t speak for him but i’d already be feeling kinda down. after the 6th goal i’ve lost a lot of my confidence at that moment, even when my team isn’t playing well. 

And as for Gibson, I don’t think he doesn’t care whatsoever. He definitely does, I just sometimes question his mindset. Yes, he plays on an awful team, I get it, but this isn’t the first time he’s gone through a stretch of bad games like this... and him getting hurt is a yearly thing at this point. He may as well have been battling an injury before being put on DTD. I’m not surprised by him getting hurt anymore. 

Gibby’s major injury troubles are really a thing of the past at this point. He’s not getting hurt much more than most goalies now a days. Hell this season he was at most GP when he got hurt, which as we’re seeing, games played management is pretty crucial for goalies.

I had some numbers of GP compared to other starting goalies (it got deleted lol) and he’s pretty much at a normal level since 17/18 or at least within reason of other guys (excluding Helly who has played an absurd amount of games the last 3 seasons lol). I think he’s at 169.

Overall I feel like minor goalie injuries are on the rise and guys are also realizing it’s not worth trying to play through a minor injury because it’ll usually end up getting worse.

19 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Edit:  I didn't mean that to sound quite a vicious as it did.   I don't lack respect for the man or his career achievements, I just know he didn't give a rip about anyone but his own team so I don't give a rip about him getting torched.  And of course, once he was in Colorado he was the mortal enemy. 

Terrible picture, but a sweet memory:

image.png.f43b560c10b40d19092a99e2a788ed91.png

image.png.da5cefed1a096afea5734f49ed62c5e7.png

image.png.e8c37e1cd9cbc930d6f62ab497bf8cf5.png

Roy-Hotdogging-GIF-2.gif.12052b03f6b11a33548c0acb92ec7b19.gif

You love to see it. Some of my favorite childhood memories. This, the 7-0 destruction in game 7, and then Hasek finally getting his cup some days later. 

Nostalgia is basically the only thing keeping my fandom alive right about now lol.

On 3/19/2021 at 7:28 PM, FriarGoalie35 said:

Gibby’s major injury troubles are really a thing of the past at this point. He’s not getting hurt much more than most goalies now a days. Hell this season he was at most GP when he got hurt, which as we’re seeing, games played management is pretty crucial for goalies.

I had some numbers of GP compared to other starting goalies (it got deleted lol) and he’s pretty much at a normal level since 17/18 or at least within reason of other guys (excluding Helly who has played an absurd amount of games the last 3 seasons lol). I think he’s at 169.

Overall I feel like minor goalie injuries are on the rise and guys are also realizing it’s not worth trying to play through a minor injury because it’ll usually end up getting worse.

Yeah I wouldn't say he's worse than a lot of goalies in the league. it's just annoying lol.

Of course they're gonna try to play through minor stuff, but like you said it can get worse. I wonder how that can be prevented.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 4:12 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CMqSHWDjE3G/?igshid=1vvnguep2xmz2&fbclid=IwAR3-NpsayiJLGhIRCCRQ5nnPaKUqgP2lpTthelJrokdQGhUr-kHKgXTi2i0

He stumbled a few times in them last night

13 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Yeah I wouldn't say he's worse than a lot of goalies in the league. it's just annoying lol.

Of course they're gonna try to play through minor stuff, but like you said it can get worse. I wonder how that can be prevented.

I’m no professional medical anything but did study some Sports Med in college. Some of the stuff is freak injuries which can’t really be prevented. A lot can be prevented by proper stretching, having proper range of motion, and being limber/flexible but also not being overly limber/flexible.

Pro athletes are so freakishly athletic sometimes it feels like not everyone’s body can keep up. We just need to find out Cogliano’s secret to staying in stupid good shape and never getting hurt lol

• Like 2