2020-2021 NHL Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

On 5/11/2021 at 4:53 AM, Puckstopper said:

Thanks guys.  I had successfully blocked that out of my memory.  Now I've got to go buy several gallons of Jagermeister to start killing off the new set of brain cells that would otherwise be traumatized by memories of that god-awful equipment!  😀

I've developed a new product in the last 10 mins, wanna try it?

image.png.799791f3e9553b6a558cef91c991c182.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2021 at 9:31 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

Come to think of it maybe Saros didn’t like speedskin. He’s traditionally been a jenpro or weave kind of guy so when ccm stopped offering those in sport gold that may have been part of why he switched 

Are leg pads with Speedskin marked or labeled any different? I have two sets of his leg pads (EF3 and EF4). I do not remember seeing anything on the pads that hinted at speekskin being used. However, I do know he at least tried them at one time or another.

If I am not mistaken, the EF3 pads would have been used by him prior to him adopting Speedskins, which he started using in the 18-19 season when the EF4 came out. 

Not sure if the Retroflex pads had Speedskins or not though. 

1 minute ago, Hirvi said:

Are leg pads with Speedskin marked or labeled any different? I have two sets of his leg pads (EF3 and EF4). I do not remember seeing anything on the pads that hinted at speekskin being used. However, I do know he at least tried them at one time or another.

If I am not mistaken, the EF3 pads would have been used by him prior to him adopting Speedskins, which he started using in the 18-19 season when the EF4 came out. 

No marking or badging on the gear itself, but Speedskin has a different look than regular Jenpro or weave

4 hours ago, Hirvi said:

Axis and EF5 both don’t have sport gold in regular jenpro or weave, only speedskin. EF4 was the last ccm line of gear to have sport gold weave sadly. 

He was a head to toe Vaughn guy for a really long time, minus skates and sticks.  I'm pretty sure he uses a Vaughn neck guard. From what I've seen and heard his gear is pretty stock and basically what you or I could buy and wear. 

gettyimages-1186522456-612x612.jpg

gettyimages-1176715936-594x594.jpg

9 hours ago, seagoal said:

He was a head to toe Vaughn guy for a really long time, minus skates and sticks.  I'm pretty sure he uses a Vaughn neck guard. From what I've seen and heard his gear is pretty stock and basically what you or I could buy and wear. 

gettyimages-1186522456-612x612.jpg

gettyimages-1176715936-594x594.jpg

Doesn't he use the same spec leg pads as Quick?

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Doesn't he use the same spec leg pads as Quick?

Quick of course gets his spec'd out really squishy and I think Campbell is more stock.  Campbell uses a bit less leather straps than Quick too....Campbell is a touch more modern.

32 minutes ago, Maxpower29 said:

He's got the v9 setup right now. But uses the SLR glove (I think). 

His glove is branded V9 but looks very SLR to me, especially the T.  He might just get an SLR T on a V9 glove.

Jack-Campbell-save.jpg

jack-campbell-dominant-as-maple-leafs-roll-oilers.jpeg.jpg

Edited by seagoal

11 hours ago, Keatonw said:

Anyone know what neck guard binnington uses? 

4E7A9A5E-F934-416A-8B11-A8E3D26B7868.jpeg

Out of curiosity, what's with the obsession over pro neck guards?  Most of them are probably semi-custom/tweaked by the equipment guy anyway.   I'm not trying to be rude or dismissive, I'm honestly curious if we can help you.

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

Out of curiosity, what's with the obsession over pro neck guards?  Most of them are probably semi-custom/tweaked by the equipment guy anyway.   I'm not trying to be rude or dismissive, I'm honestly curious if we can help you.

Maybe he is leaning back all the way or it's a weird angle for the picture, but that neck guard does not seem to be protecting much in that photo.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 8:26 PM, seagoal said:

Best gear siting ever.

Who knew in his kid's mind, Flower dad is left handed :)

cut.thumb.jpg.ce35d3bcf625594551029ef8ea7045eb.jpg

Weird… no word of a lie, my son did a drawing for me a few weeks ago “for Daddy to put up at work”. He also drew me as full right - and in Habs colours. Guess I’ll have to break it to the wife that I need to but a new set. But he knows he’s in a Brian’s house, and drew the B-Stars!
Also took poetic license with the ranking of me against other goalies… unless it’s against other household goalies…? No - I’m better than ALL of them, I just choose NOT to play in the NHL. Take THAT, flower! LOL!

18899247-0B20-416D-84F6-53C88AB0B281.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Weird… no word of a lie, my son did a drawing for me a few weeks ago “for Daddy to put up at work”. He also drew me as full right - and in Habs colours. Guess I’ll have to break it to the wife that I need to but a new set. But he knows he’s in a Brian’s house, and drew the B-Stars!
Also took poetic license with the ranking of me against other goalies… unless it’s against other household goalies…? No - I’m better than ALL of them, I just choose NOT to play in the NHL. Take THAT, flower! LOL!

18899247-0B20-416D-84F6-53C88AB0B281.jpeg

Ha, so good.  The B⭐s are perfect.

• Thanks 1

Ouch.

This is one of those goals that causes me to say, whether it's myself or in this case Fleury: "goalies doing stupid goalie things when doing nothing at all would have have been successful."

I totally get his intent.  it's the exact same intent we all would have.  But the fact reamains that doing nothing and just standing there straight up, this goal does not go in.  I'm not advocating for doing nothing more and I don't play that way, but it just stings when our "goalie things" fail so obviously. A better "goalie thing" would have been a right shoulder or blocker save.  Anyway, tough break for Fleury.  We've all been there.

All that said, what an entertaining game and I for one and super happy Vegas one.  I love Fleury and this team.  They are so damn fun to watch play hockey. 

Edited by seagoal

7 hours ago, seagoal said:

All that said, what an entertaining game and I for one and super happy Vegas one.  I love Fleury and this team.  They are so damn fun to watch play hockey. 

I hate Vegas.

Having said that, Felury's gaff was one many of us have done.