2020-2021 NHL Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

53 minutes ago, raucebyalien said:

100%, he had a fairly iconic design (as far as modern goalies go) and now has this indistinct bowl of Daveart crap 

Daveart is a show pony artist - undoubtedly talented and skilled when it comes to techniques, but the overall design, composition and concept is usually an ill-conceived mess!

12 Celebs That Love To Dress Like Hobos | TheTalko

Dave Art reminds me of when good looking hollywood actors intentionally look like they are homeless. Hs art skills are so good for sure yet he works hard to make his stuff look like it was done by a kid with colored pencils.

Like presidential candidate Kayne's $15,000 sweater that looks like trash. BTW - I voted for Kayne.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MTH said:

136650061_10158958216959819_374399586697

Thanks to Dave Art - I now realize that the Flames logo on it's side actually is a burning mushroom.

Espeon (Pokémon) - Drawception

(The white inside of the C looks like a white mushroom to me - or a chef's hat)

Maybe Daveart is giving us some insight into his processes? 🤔

As much as I've ripped on him, I'd love to see him host a Bob Ross-style show, just completely whacked out on mushrooms and paint fumes going deep into whatever mask he's doing:

"Ok...so that alien head version of the Blackhawks logo I've just ghosted all over this thing...fuck it man...lets get that in glow in the dark paint with a sparkle-FX trail coming off it...and I'm gonna go ahead and just add a robot Patrick Kane surfing the Stanley Cup onto that trail..."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raucebyalien said:

Maybe Daveart is giving us some insight into his processes? 🤔

As much as I've ripped on him, I'd love to see him host a Bob Ross-style show, just completely whacked out on mushrooms and paint fumes going deep into whatever mask he's doing:

"Ok...so that alien head version of the Blackhawks logo I've just ghosted all over this thing...fuck it man...lets get that in glow in the dark paint with a sparkle-FX trail coming off it...and I'm gonna go ahead and just add a robot Patrick Kane surfing the Stanley Cup onto that trail..."

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Man, if he can paint that while whacked out on fungi, then the dude is even more talented than I initially pegged.

Given the volume he's cranking out, I don't think he's painted a mask in years.

4 hours ago, jeantodt said:

Thanks jeantodt, from what I can see (I don't speak Finnish)
The pads have a modded toe tie, and the wrap have been cut and sewn towards the foot. Other than that, they look pretty much stock, unless there's something inside I can't comprehend.
The trapper is either a G5 with a double T or a reskinned GT2. I couldn't see if the palm was removable or if it's static. 
Blocker looks like a normal G5 (I think)

8 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

Detroit's goalies at scrimmage yesterday.

Greiss:

47c0dcdf-a36e-4dab-ae1d-38e5e0f1d074-wings_010421_kd1593.jpg

Bernier:

84b6988d-e9c9-4507-80d7-f546d6c5a4d6-2021_01_02_DRWTC_054.jpg

Boyle:

4110fc6a-c878-4c2f-a8a8-58328e587c84-2021-0104-dg-wings0197.jpg

Pickard:

ab5c25eb-5119-48ac-b408-9b1ce6982cd9-2021_01_01_DRWTC_072.jpg

Nice to see Greiss and Pickard just picked out their gear at their local Goalie Monkey.  Way to be original, fellas.

I freaking love the Flames word down the crest on the top.  I think that looks awesome and generally love when masks are cut in half up top by something.  But...the upside down C logo on the mask's right side drives me crazy and it ruins the whole mask. 

image.thumb.png.160cd9e4febcefc006d6a6bb09789219.png

57 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I freaking love the Flames word down the crest on the top.  I think that looks awesome and generally love when masks are cut in half up top by something.  But...the upside down C logo on the mask's right side drives me crazy and it ruins the whole mask.

It looks like a flaming tire to me

• Haha 1

We need some pyrotechnics in the NHL. This Flames mask would be level 10 if it had some real flames shooting out.

10 Best Wrestling Entrance Pyro Effects Of All Time – Page 5

Might be an issue with the ice. But the fans would love it.

If not real fire, just hire Bam Bam Bigelo:

Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow (1961 - 2007) - Find A Grave Photos | Wrestling  superstars, Wwf superstars, Wrestling stars

44 minutes ago, MTH said:

We need some pyrotechnics in the NHL. This Flames mask would be level 10 if it had some real flames shooting out.it.

Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow (1961 - 2007) - Find A Grave Photos | Wrestling  superstars, Wwf superstars, Wrestling stars

Is that Guy Fieri's cousin?

This NHL Hockey Game Brought To You By: FLAVOUR TOWN

guy-fieri.jpg.f72d56cb2b1da4f0076b8fa4fdf25b41.jpg

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MTH said:

We need some pyrotechnics in the NHL. This Flames mask would be level 10 if it had some real flames shooting out.

10 Best Wrestling Entrance Pyro Effects Of All Time – Page 5

Might be an issue with the ice. But the fans would love it.

They might as well, as their team is a dumpster fire in of itself 

bet you’ve never heard that one before!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HamelinGraphix said:

Thanks jeantodt, from what I can see (I don't speak Finnish)
The pads have a modded toe tie, and the wrap have been cut and sewn towards the foot. Other than that, they look pretty much stock, unless there's something inside I can't comprehend.
The trapper is either a G5 with a double T or a reskinned GT2. I couldn't see if the palm was removable or if it's static. 
Blocker looks like a normal G5 (I think)

He has Kova-toe ties. Pads have extra stiff breaks inside. They cut wrap, cause he felt it stuck on the post.

two trappers, game ready and practise.. He didn't what angle those are..

blocker normal with L-palm, he likes it loose.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Summer_Snows said:

I’ve seen a bunch of photos with goalies with True gear,but I bet when the season starts,it will be back to CCM,Brian’s,Vaughn

I see that often as well but if True paid their NHL license, there's a strong possibility it might stick.

I'm sure if say Warrior paid the full license, you might see a few sets being rocked in the show again.

50 minutes ago, Summer_Snows said:

I’ve seen a bunch of photos with goalies with True gear,but I bet when the season starts,it will be back to CCM,Brian’s,Vaughn

Doubt it, most of those goalies where previous CCM/Lefevre clients. True has alot of money and the right move was to join up/buy Lefevre, as goalies want what they are use to. Lefevre has a very large backing of pro goalies because of his time with Koho/Reebok/CCM and knows what they want because of it. Right now CCM has no one who has that connection with pro goalies that Lefevre had made. 

2 hours ago, RichMan said:

I see that often as well but if True paid their NHL license, there's a strong possibility it might stick.

I'm sure if say Warrior paid the full license, you might see a few sets being rocked in the show again.

IMO Warrior would need to ALSO be willing to pay an athlete to endorse the gear, AND be willing to extensively modify/clone gear (like they did with Roloson and Gustavsson).

Their stock gear is too far of a departure from what guys are currently wearing.

2 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

Doubt it, most of those goalies where previous CCM/Lefevre clients. True has alot of money and the right move was to join up/buy Lefevre, as goalies want what they are use to. Lefevre has a very large backing of pro goalies because of his time with Koho/Reebok/CCM and knows what they want because of it. Right now CCM has no one who has that connection with pro goalies that Lefevre had made. 

I'm recalling a story/interaction from maybe 14-15 years ago on GSBB,
We had a guy on there who played minor pro and was a big RBK/Lefevre guy.  (Nick Boucher?)
He said Lefevre would call him a couple weeks before the season to go over specs and discuss things they were trying out, updates, etc.

Point of the story is to illustrate this: It's not like this is Warrior or a brand new company trying to start from scratch.
From a sales standpoint, Lefevre has some key critical pieces to close: solid industry reputation, prior relationship, player specs, and direct access to the athlete. 

37 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

IMO Warrior would need to ALSO be willing to pay an athlete to endorse the gear, AND be willing to extensively modify/clone gear (like they did with Roloson and Gustavsson).

Their stock gear is too far of a departure from what guys are currently wearing.

Seeing how Bauer and to some extent Brian's have stepped up their game innovation wise, Warrior isn't that far ahead that guys wouldn't be curious about it. If the pros in Europe are cozy to Warrior, I'm thinking some guys here wish they could give them a good look. It's true that mods and star contracts would be the make or break factor.

Who knows what the next few years might hold.

Edited by RichMan

58 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Odin was a large departure from existing gear and it was easily adopted by a large amount of athletes at the pro level.

Hell, didn't it convert quite a few guys from CCM gear at the time? Pretty sure that the Lefevre faithful are generally the most devoted. Being able to convert a good amount of them to an entirely different brand should be a good counter argument.

34 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Seeing how Bauer and to some extent Brian's have stepped up their game innovation wise, Warrior isn't that far ahead that guys wouldn't be curious about it. If the pros in Europe are cozy to Warrior, I'm thinking some guys here wish they could give them a good look. It's true that mods and star contracts would be the make or break factor.

Who knows what the next few years my hold.

Taking "innovation" out of the equation and looking at overall design (knee blocks, shin cradle, calf wrap, etc), Bauer and Brian's still lean pretty conservative IMO when compared to Warrior - there are pillows, bumps, and ridges in abundance on the Warrior gear that aren't seen with any other manufacturer.

Euro goalies always seem to be a bit more liberal in their gear choices.
Have we seen a heavily equipped Euro/Warrior goalie come over to North America and have to switch?

@coopaloop1234, saw your response as I was clicking to post I think it's relevant to your point.

• Like 1