2020-2021 NHL Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

On 1/11/2021 at 12:34 PM, MTH said:

I never thought I'd see this day in the NHL... glad I don't watch anyway.

NHL helmet ads ranked, from Penguins to Maple Leafs to Capitals – The  Athletic

On 1/11/2021 at 3:51 PM, FriarGoalie35 said:

It’s only for the year to help teams stay afloat without having to hemorrhage and lay off more employees. Easy trade-off.

Canadian Federal Income Tax was supposed to be "temporary" during WW1. I'm still paying it, over 100 years later.

56 minutes ago, FriarGoalie35 said:

Didn’t realize helmet ads were that touchy of a subject sorry😳😂

Once those doors open up, the league won't move away from it.

The pandemic "forcing" the league to find alternate avenue streams was the excuse they've been after for years and years to start putting advertisements on jerseys.

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Once those doors open up, the league won't move away from it.

The pandemic "forcing" the league to find alternate avenue streams was the excuse they've been after for years and years to start putting advertisements on jerseys.

My understanding is, this may totally be incorrect, that these are how teams are fulfilling certain sponsorship requirements that are being lost with no fans in the . Yes it’s a door that’s opening but it’s not a true revenue stream from my understanding. Although that totally could be wrong.

I just don’t see stickers on helmets, especially during a season that everything is only being televised, as the end of the world. I don’t even see small jersey patches as an issue. The NHL will never become the European leagues. We are lucky that we are one of the 3 major leagues (MLB and NFL included) in the world that don’t have ads on gear (besides this year). But football and baseball have stupid huge TV Contracts to where they can afford to not need the ad revenue. Maybe I’m just in the minority in thinking that these ads, especially this year, aren’t a huge deal hah. If the NHL is able to negotiate a huge TV contract that could help long run as well.

• Like 1

I genuinely don't care if there are ads on their stuff if hockey is still happening. The boards are covered, it's on the ice, like if you're upset about this be upset about the rampant advertising all over the rest of the game (every powerplay being sponsored, the final five being sponsored, etc.).

It's a stupid hill to die on.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, keeperton said:

I genuinely don't care if there are ads on their stuff if hockey is still happening. The boards are covered, it's on the ice, like if you're upset about this be upset about the rampant advertising all over the rest of the game (every powerplay being sponsored, the final five being sponsored, etc.).

It's a stupid thing for the league to do in the first place.   If players looking like NASCAR drivers doesn't bother you, good on ya!  The look of Euro uniforms drives me nuts and I don't want it over here.  It looks cheap and tacky, but that's just one man's opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

I honestly don’t see the ads being a thing after fans are allowed to refill the arenas, but it may not be for a bit. 

anyways, here’s Stolarz’ second mask for the Ducks

5AA6A817-F744-49E6-88A1-F4A34491A339.jpeg

I think some of you guys are naive to the notion that these will go away.

NHL is a business and the only reason they hadn't implemented this yet was due to fan backlash. The pandemic "forcing" their hand to start advertising on jerseys/equipment is exactly the perfect scenario for the NHL to introduce this.

They estimate that the extra revenue is around the $120 Million range. Like the NHL is just going to give that up even when thins return back to normal.

I like the Stolarz mask, but there just isn't enough orange in the Ducks' jerseys to effectively match.

55 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I think some of you guys are naive to the notion that these will go away.

NHL is a business and the only reason they hadn't implemented this yet was due to fan backlash. The pandemic "forcing" their hand to start advertising on jerseys/equipment is exactly the perfect scenario for the NHL to introduce this.

They estimate that the extra revenue is around the $120 Million range. Like the NHL is just going to give that up even when thins return back to normal.

I like the Stolarz mask, but there just isn't enough orange in the Ducks' jerseys to effectively match.

that’s a fair point. i could’ve reworded it better by saying things won’t go back to normal  and ad free right away, like i said it probably won’t be for a while.

Also the mask could be for the orange third jerseys they wore, correct me on that if they aren’t wearing those ones, i just haven’t heard anything on that. he has a contrasting black mask that i like better anyways

Edited by southpawtendy48

On 1/8/2021 at 8:30 AM, RichMan said:

Coming back to the licensing and Warrior discussion...

It's quite clear that Pete wouldn't want to experience another Tim Thomas episode should they re-enter the league with their gear. As someone stated above, if a goalie truly wanted a set, he would get one period, that I agree. They could just place their own custom order and have it delivered to KW for inspection. Of course, if the goalie asks for logo-less gear, that would be a clear signal of a NHL/AHL goalie ordering. Would Warrior accept? Don't know. 

What if it's because the gear is not conformed to NHL/AHL rules? This I very much doubt but one never knows. 

The leagues will go where the money is and who is willing to splurge. It's a monopoly game. 

Very surprising and frustrating and confusing that Warrior won't play with the big boys. Sure, they got their own clout going at the moment and doing fine. Still...I have mixed emotions on this one.

Excuse me...

Excuse me while I cry! | K-Pop Amino

MInd if I ask, what happened with Tim Thomas and Warrior?

5 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

It's a stupid thing for the league to do in the first place.   If players looking like NASCAR drivers doesn't bother you, good on ya!  The look of Euro uniforms drives me nuts and I don't want it over here.  It looks cheap and tacky, but that's just one man's opinion.

More than one man's opinion - I want to watch hockey, not bike racing

5 reasons for sponsoring a Tour de France team

1 hour ago, tubby34 said:

MInd if I ask, what happened with Tim Thomas and Warrior?

Believe the short answer is what we all know about Thomas - super high maintenance gear-wise - constantly wanting to tweak, retweak his gear (which is probably a nightmare if you are a gear manufacturer). Also - if you are happy with your final design guess you could be loathe to make wholesale changes. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 2:23 AM, keeperton said:

Don't forget the KIA save of the night. And If Canes scores over two goals YOU can buy two hamburgers for price of one. There is lot of ads in TV broadcast if you compare Europe. Here Europe the ads are in the jerseys and ice not in the mouth of commentator or my TV screen

• Like 2