CCM Printed Graphics

TheGoalNet

17 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Let's be honest, I think most of us would give a different brand a chance if we were offered the right deal.   There's not a brand in the store I work at that I would refuse to wear if the price was right (although I think I'd REALLY struggle to get used to Bauer catch gloves...)

Yea fair enough. I'd probably sell my soul too for free gear.

Just as long as I don't have to use CCM gloves. Yuck.

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Yea fair enough. I'd probably sell my soul too for free gear.

Just as long as I don't have to use CCM gloves. Yuck.

The blocker isn't bad.  I like the 600 break, but holy crap is the break-in time absolutely brutal compared to every other glove I've worn in the last 8 years of so.  I'd say it takes me back to the 90's but I'm fairly sure my old D&R glove (oldest one I bought new) broke in quicker than my 2 CCM's have. 

17 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

The blocker isn't bad.  I like the 600 break, but holy crap is the break-in time absolutely brutal compared to every other glove I've worn in the last 8 years of so.  I'd say it takes me back to the 90's but I'm fairly sure my old D&R glove (oldest one I bought new) broke in quicker than my 2 CCM's have. 

Glove is new this year. Changes made to improve closure. I ordered a 600 for the first time ever.

12 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Glove is new this year. Changes made to improve closure. I ordered a 600 for the first time ever.

For a guy that prefers a 90 degree break, I'm curious to see what your opinions are on it.

I'm almost exclusively a 75 degree break guy and anytime I've put on a 90 degree break glove it's been the most alien feeling break in the world.

21 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I'm in an Axis 600 and I had the D30 removed to help the glove close.  The break-in is still rough compared to every other brand I've worn recently (Brian's, Vaughn and Warrior).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm late to the party. This year has been an absolute wash in every regard including hockey. Not even gonna touch a customizer until vaccines become publicly available.

Anyway I totally see printed graphics becoming an industry standard with every company. It probably would save on labor having to cut and sew a 16 color zone pad. I can also see Vaughn offering it 10 years after everyone else does haha..

But I'm definitely not looking forward to seeing the inevitable request for guys doing Koho Revolution graphics.

11 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

I'm late to the party. This year has been an absolute wash in every regard including hockey. Not even gonna touch a customizer until vaccines become publicly available.

Anyway I totally see printed graphics becoming an industry standard with every company. It probably would save on labor having to cut and sew a 16 color zone pad. I can also see Vaughn offering it 10 years after everyone else does haha..

But I'm definitely not looking forward to seeing the inevitable request for guys doing Koho Revolution graphics.

I am pretty sure I have already seen that request. Don't worry, I weathered the front of the storm for you.

On 12/12/2020 at 8:51 AM, Puckstopper said:

I'm in an Axis 600 and I had the D30 removed to help the glove close.  The break-in is still rough compared to every other brand I've worn recently (Brian's, Vaughn and Warrior).

I mean EF5. My Axis is 580. My EF5 is the new 600

On 12/25/2020 at 1:29 AM, ULTIMA said:

paraphrasing from memory... but printing reduces the assembly time from like 1 day to 4 hours sort of thing. Once it's fully accepted, which we are close to now, I don't think people can be competitive without. People still doing cut and sew could be a cute botique thing like Graf moving forward

PS... I will be the guy asking for a Potvin!!!

On 12/10/2020 at 10:25 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

I may not like the feel of ccm leg pads but I’m happy to be a marketing tool if it means discounted gear and early access to printing 

Back to this comment though: The graphics at the start of this thread (i.e. top of page 1) are great – team and/or country logos and tasteful. The fear (and I think I should replace “fear” with “inevitability”) is that with no limits on graphic creation and all that surface area, the pads will become billboards for all sorts of tacky ads. It’s going to be a definitive lowering of the bar when I see pads that essentially say “Eat at Joe’s”.

3649701.jpg.0c841087248291c6e0d1bdfa7fd5841b.jpg

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I mean EF5. My Axis is 580. My EF5 is the new 600

Good to hear, although they did claim they'd improved the closure on Axis as well.  In fairness, it is slightly better but I've been pretty frustrated with the closure on my EF4 and my Axis.

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

paraphrasing from memory... but printing reduces the assembly time from like 1 day to 4 hours sort of thing. Once it's fully accepted, which we are close to now, I don't think people can be competitive without. People still doing cut and sew could be a cute botique thing like Graf moving forward

Even though I'm a Wings fan I'd probably go for the Koho pads that Roy wore.  Those things were iconic.

On 12/26/2020 at 11:36 AM, TheGoalNet said:

We're not friends anymore

On 12/26/2020 at 2:52 PM, Puckstopper said:

Good to hear, although they did claim they'd improved the closure on Axis as well.  In fairness, it is slightly better but I've been pretty frustrated with the closure on my EF4 and my Axis.

Look for CCM to continue to iterate on closure improvement at least through 2022

Archived