Warrior Ritual CR1 Goal Stick

IPv6Freely

This month I bought my son a CR1 for games and a CR2 for practices.

Last season he blew through 7 sticks.  4 composites (CCM R1.9) and then 3 foam core (EFlex 3).  The switch was solely for better durability.  The composites all broke within about 45 days, the foam cores lasted about what you'd expect with very heavy usage. 

I really wanted to get him back in a composite.  I'm a firm believer in that goalies need to be able to play the puck.  He's only a teenager though and losing the composite "snap" really IMO hurt his puck handing.  No way was I going to buy any more CCM composites though.

I noticed all the pro's switching, and then The hockey shop had a 20% off sale so I took the plunge.  The Quick pattern seemed to match up visually with the CCM Price curve that he likes.

My kid really likes the sticks.  They are very light.  good grip on the handle.  Real nice snap handling the puck.  Last night he could sauce the puck through two zones with it.  He doesn't notice much difference between the two, but he does feel like he can shoot better with the CR2 for some reason....

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Dammit you guys are really tempting me to try one of these.  I still have 2 brand new Warrior Swagger Pro foam cores I haven't even touched yet though and I can't see getting ANOTHER stick.

I made the switch from the Swagger to the CR1. It's a nice switch and I'm glad I'm finally using composites, but be prepared for a decent adjustment period. I still don't feel 100% comfortable how light my blocker/stick side is now.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I made the switch from the Swagger to the CR1. It's a nice switch and I'm glad I'm finally using composites, but be prepared for a decent adjustment period. I still don't feel 100% comfortable how light my blocker/stick side is now.

I'm ok with making an adjustment if need be.  Its the plethora of extra sticks I am starting to build up haha.  If I can sell one or two sticks that would surely make paying for the CR1 much easier.  Maybe I'll put a for sale thread up.

On 4/27/2018 at 12:28 PM, Matt said:

This month I bought my son a CR1 for games and a CR2 for practices.

Last season he blew through 7 sticks.  4 composites (CCM R1.9) and then 3 foam core (EFlex 3).  The switch was solely for better durability.  The composites all broke within about 45 days, the foam cores lasted about what you'd expect with very heavy usage. 

I really wanted to get him back in a composite.  I'm a firm believer in that goalies need to be able to play the puck.  He's only a teenager though and losing the composite "snap" really IMO hurt his puck handing.  No way was I going to buy any more CCM composites though.

I noticed all the pro's switching, and then The hockey shop had a 20% off sale so I took the plunge.  The Quick pattern seemed to match up visually with the CCM Price curve that he likes.

My kid really likes the sticks.  They are very light.  good grip on the handle.  Real nice snap handling the puck.  Last night he could sauce the puck through two zones with it.  He doesn't notice much difference between the two, but he does feel like he can shoot better with the CR2 for some reason....

FYI, the quick curve is a closed face, mid-curve blade. It's more similar to the Crawford or Holtby CCM curves.

The Mrazek is more of a Price curve. Open face heel wedge/curve with a rounded toe. If your kid can shoot with the Quick curve, he can probably launch rockets with the Mrazek. Also, the Bishop curve is a heavy twist mid-curve. 

7 minutes ago, cuprajake said:

got one on order to replace my 1s stick,

never seen or held one, so well see

It's going to be different. But I will be very curious to hear your opinion! 

For the CR1 lovers... Could you remind me, what stick were you using before CR1? Foam or composite and what model? 

yeah, just cant justify the fact the 1s is another £60.00 ontop.

i used the old warrior comps before, got a ccm price pro return then the 1s, no doubt it will be heavier.

i hope i can adjust,. 

i now have a full warrior g4 setup, so it matches too hahah

13 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

It's going to be different. But I will be very curious to hear your opinion! 

For the CR1 lovers... Could you remind me, what stick were you using before CR1? Foam or composite and what model? 

Sherwood Foam Cores - 9950
Warrior Swagger Foam Cores

The CR1 is my first jump into composites

7 hours ago, ruckus007 said:

FYI, the quick curve is a closed face, mid-curve blade. It's more similar to the Crawford or Holtby CCM curves.

The Mrazek is more of a Price curve. Open face heel wedge/curve with a rounded toe. If your kid can shoot with the Quick curve, he can probably launch rockets with the Mrazek. Also, the Bishop curve is a heavy twist mid-curve.  

Bishop is like the Bauer P31.
The Quick looks like an old pro stock Roy/Aebischer to me.

Love the Mrazek.  Had a game where I got a lot of puck touches last night, I was hitting guys on the tape outside the blue line all night

On 4/30/2018 at 4:01 AM, ruckus007 said:

Appreciate the info, thanks!  Surprised he liked it so much since he disliked the one Crawford stick we bought a few years ago. 

The pain point of buying these sticks (besides price) is its hard to demo them.  Our local store now lets you take the goalie sticks into the shooting machine so you can snap a few shots off.  Unfortunately our local store is usually pretty light on Warrior sticks, especially CR*.

19 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Heading to my one and only decent shop in town to get my skates sharpened... and that's exactly how I picture myself asking the manager to a CR1.

To follow up on my excursion yesterday... and proof I live in a hockey starved area... my local shop (and yes there is pretty much only 1) had no CR1s at all... not even a CR2... about 6 CR3s though. I was actually in a state of mind to go ahead and just pick one or two CR1s up... but no. Thwarted by the Perani's at which their selection of goalie gear is pretty much a dumping zone for what their other locations couldn't sell. Oddly enough the only "Pro" level gear they had were a few blockers... a 1s, an SLR, and an Optik. 

In doing some of my comparisons, I feel like the NXG could arguably be the best stick on the market if were launched today. That stick is nearly 5 years old.

One of the reasons that I have been inquisitive about the CR1 users is that I think it's a very solid stick. I think if you are coming from a lower end Bauer, older Bauer, or Foam Core, it's a great upgrade and a phenomenal value. 

If you are comparing it to a 1S or 2S, it's not in the same category. However, it's priced appropriately around $200 for CR1 as you pay $300 for the high end Bauer. 

58 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

In doing some of my comparisons, I feel like the NXG could arguably be the best stick on the market if were launched today. That stick is nearly 5 years old.

One of the reasons that I have been inquisitive about the CR1 users is that I think it's a very solid stick. I think if you are coming from a lower end Bauer, older Bauer, or Foam Core, it's a great upgrade and a phenomenal value. 

If you are comparing it to a 1S or 2S, it's not in the same category. However, it's priced appropriately around $200 for CR1 as you pay $300 for the high end Bauer. 

I agree with that! I was so lucky to find one as cheaply as I did. I got it so cheap it felt like I stole it! 

My second favourite is the True that I have been able get for around $75 with all incentives! I bought the hell out of those!

The CR1 intrigues me and maybe when I am out of other composites, these will be in sale for nothing! My NXG is only for best match ups as I want to preserve that stick!

Just now, bunnyman666 said:

I agree with that! I was so lucky to find one as cheaply as I did. I got it so cheap it felt like I stole it! 

My second favourite is the True that I have been able get for around $75 with all incentives! I bought the hell out of those!

The CR1 intrigues me and maybe when I am out of other composites, these will be in sale for nothing! My NXG is only for best match ups as I want to preserve that stick!

Good point. If you’re using a CCM, True, or Sher-Wood this is a very competitive stick in that arena as well. 

The CR1 is good, I just don’t want any Bauer 1S people to be disillusioned as to what that stick or the CCM Premier 2 are. 

2 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Good point. If you’re using a CCM, True, or Sher-Wood this is a very competitive stick in that arena as well. 

The CR1 is good, I just don’t want any Bauer 1S people to be disillusioned as to what that stick or the CCM Premier 2 are. 

The NXG is probably as technical of a stick as you can get. Lots of techy stuff with that, as well as great materials! Warrior makes a great stick, for certain. It sounds like a composite for the rest of us.

26 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

The NXG is probably as technical of a stick as you can get. Lots of techy stuff with that, as well as great materials! Warrior makes a great stick, for certain. It sounds like a composite for the rest of us.

Yeah

I’ve been using my CCM lately, but that’s mostly because of the pattern

It sets my hands perfectly in my stance and butterfly

Archived