Warrior Ritual CR1 Goal Stick

IPv6Freely

On 5/21/2018 at 4:58 PM, BadAngle41 said:

Anyone using a CR1 a post tapper like me? Can you post some pics of how the shaft is holding up? 

I'm a post tapper myself.  I have 6 games with it so far.  I haven't noticed any abnormal wear from tapping.  I will double check when I get home though.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm a post tapper myself.  I have 6 games with it so far.  I haven't noticed any abnormal wear from tapping.  I will double check when I get home though.

Thanks.. itching to pull the trigger on a couple even though I won't be able to use them for a couple months. 

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, wvuviv30 said:

What curve is this?

On 3/9/2018 at 10:12 AM, cwarnar said:

Nice write up @Puckstopper.  If you can't find the Bishop curve, go Mrazek.  Its a wedge style curve that I think is the best Warrior has to offer

Screen-Shot-2018-02-28-at-2_03.22-PM.thumb.png.95a5ea4b07df6b035989b35de9c86b83.png

On 3/26/2018 at 8:43 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I just ordered a Mrazek. Pretty amped up. 

Hope this answers your question.

• 2 weeks later...

Blue SE looks slick. 

Using it tonight for first time. Review coming. 

Initial thoughts:

Just feel wise, doesn't feel as good in my hand as the Bauer NXG or 1S I have. 

Weight: significantly heavier than the 1S and about an ounce heavier than the NXG. 

Paddle size: the 26 is very close in size to my 1S 25 inch. 

11ACAFCF-3E22-493C-8A2A-BE476C89AC16.jpeg

62C35F5C-28E6-4FB6-A114-AC02D37D86D7.jpeg

920577FA-3388-40FE-8899-81D98DA76E2F.jpeg

026FF51A-9AE0-4892-B818-3555306FA4CA.jpeg

35E63D92-6572-49BE-94EC-C9AA57271AB5.jpeg

On 5/2/2018 at 8:50 AM, TheGoalNet said:

In doing some of my comparisons, I feel like the NXG could arguably be the best stick on the market if were launched today. That stick is nearly 5 years old.

One of the reasons that I have been inquisitive about the CR1 users is that I think it's a very solid stick. I think if you are coming from a lower end Bauer, older Bauer, or Foam Core, it's a great upgrade and a phenomenal value. 

If you are comparing it to a 1S or 2S, it's not in the same category. However, it's priced appropriately around $200 for CR1 as you pay $300 for the high end Bauer. 

I'll have my own review of the CR1 compared to 1S and NXG after tonight but this statement is so true. 

The 1S is amazing performance and I assume 2S Pro would feel even better with the reduced weight but I have not had good luck with the durability of the 1S. I can it assume it's because they are built for 100% performance and not durability. 

The NXG on the other hand has lasted me over a year now playing a couple times a week on average. Amazing durability. It feels so much more solid when the puck hits it compared to the 1S. 

I can't wait to try the CR1. If it feels like the NXG and performs like it, I'll be satisfied based on its price compared to a new 2S Pro. (it's like half price when on sale). 

2 hours ago, 1C5 said:

Blue SE looks slick. 

Using it tonight for first time. Review coming. 

Initial thoughts:

Just feel wise, doesn't feel as good in my hand as the Bauer NXG or 1S I have. 

Weight: significantly heavier than the 1S and about an ounce heavier than the NXG. 

Paddle size: the 26 is very close in size to my 1S 25 inch. 

11ACAFCF-3E22-493C-8A2A-BE476C89AC16.jpeg

62C35F5C-28E6-4FB6-A114-AC02D37D86D7.jpeg

920577FA-3388-40FE-8899-81D98DA76E2F.jpeg

026FF51A-9AE0-4892-B818-3555306FA4CA.jpeg

35E63D92-6572-49BE-94EC-C9AA57271AB5.jpeg

For anyone who speaks Bauer... I would agree with this analogy 

Only 1 game with the CR1 but so far I prefer the Bauers way more. Somehow the 1S and NXG feel more like a finely tuned instrument whereas the CR1 feels like a club. 

But there are some positives to it. My shot is better with it and it feels so solid that I'm guessing it will last. 

I'll give it a fair chance and play the next few weeks with it but after game 1 I'm still solidly on Team Bauer. 

That's exactly how I felt in the store.  I really liked the look of the Warrior and wanted to love it, but the 2S I ended up with felt like a surgeon's scalpel. I may be carving someone up with it, or I may not be. That's their choice. 

2S doesn't flake like my CCM as well, I was worried the Warrior would do the same.

I'm using a CR2 stick and am very happy with it. I like it much better than my Bauer Supreme sticks. It just feels... better. To me. I guess it's all just preference. Using the CR2 for exactly 12 months now. Only the heel of the blade cracked (keeping it together until my new stick arrives). A full year playing with a stick is solid I guess. My Bauer S170 sticks always broke after 1-2 months.

15 minutes ago, Flyers27 said:

I've been using this for a couple months now, 2-3 times a week and I love it. Feels maybe a bit lighter than the CR2 I was previously using. If it ends up even close to as durable as the CR2, I'll be sticking with it. Dont like the feel of the Bauer's.

Got about a year out of my first one. Ended up breaking on the shaft just above the blocker from repeated blows from pucks. Paddle and blade were still in good shape.

Been using my second one for 6-7 months and still holding on strong. You'll get some decent life out of it. Just don't go smashing it. :P

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Still loving my CR1, I just wish I could get a different lie.

Sorry if you posted earlier, but do you have issues with both patterns? 

Thats why I opted not to use the stick or really test it, couldn’t get comfortable with the lie. 

Are the lies the same as the foam cores?

14 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Sorry if you posted earlier, but do you have issues with both patterns? 

Thats why I opted not to use the stick or really test it, couldn’t get comfortable with the lie. 

Are the lies the same as the foam cores?

Yes, both Quick and Mrazek patterns had the same problem as well as both the foam core and composite.  

6 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Try a P2 or a Bauer 2S ( without Ergo) they’re both $200 or check out http://www.hockeystickman.com/

his sticks are like $200 USD or better 

I have a bone to pick with how they sell sticks. On his site they have the 2S Pro on sale for same price as the 1S. 

Then in the notes it says "NOTE: Some of the 2S Pro stocks do not come with the Ergo Spine"

But nowhere does it say it's just a skinned old NXG or whatever even though it has to be I'd assume. 

Why not just be honest and list the stick what it actually is, not the meaningless skin?

I got burned by this one time as I ordered a cheap repaired "1S" that turned out to be a 6000 skinned as a 1S. Nowhere on the site it said it was a 6000. 

8 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Try a P2 or a Bauer 2S ( without Ergo) they’re both $200 or check out http://www.hockeystickman.com/

his sticks are like $200 USD or better 

I don't do CCM gear.  Everyone complains about Bauer sticks not being very durable.  I'd rather deal with a small hole in my stance than have to keep replacing $200 sticks every 2-3 months.  It is what it is.

2 hours ago, 1C5 said:

I have a bone to pick with how they sell sticks. On his site they have the 2S Pro on sale for same price as the 1S. 

Then in the notes it says "NOTE: Some of the 2S Pro stocks do not come with the Ergo Spine"

But nowhere does it say it's just a skinned old NXG or whatever even though it has to be I'd assume. 

Why not just be honest and list the stick what it actually is, not the meaningless skin?

I got burned by this one time as I ordered a cheap repaired "1S" that turned out to be a 6000 skinned as a 1S. Nowhere on the site it said it was a 6000. 

That's fucked up.

6 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I don't do CCM gear.  Everyone complains about Bauer sticks not being very durable.  I'd rather deal with a small hole in my stance than have to keep replacing $200 sticks every 2-3 months.  It is what it is.

Bauer sticks are most durable in market. I think those who complains have used mostly S170 or X700 and 1S wasn´t as durable as NXG. Also 2S pro is not the most durable model but it is performance first stick. You cant go wrong with 2S, Spro or S190. 

Game 2 with the CR1. It's already growing on me. 

A big problem I had in game 1 was the grip. Way too slippery after getting used to the nice Bauer grip. Some simple stick tape where blocker holds solved this problem. Felt much better. 

I'll certainly keep using for the near future and report back with more thoughts as I use it more. 

On 12/4/2018 at 2:13 AM, 1C5 said:

Game 2 with the CR1. It's already growing on me. 

A big problem I had in game 1 was the grip. Way too slippery after getting used to the nice Bauer grip. Some simple stick tape where blocker holds solved this problem. Felt much better. 

I'll certainly keep using for the near future and report back with more thoughts as I use it more. 

That's actually one of the features I love about this stick.  I don't like having any of that grippy material on my stick.

Archived